NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna say the bio mother said that but will have to go back and look! :seeya:

I know I heard the "five years ago" term from multiple news stories and even the Dr. Phil show. I'm just trying to figure out why family members would tell anyone she died 5 years ago when it's proven she died in 2005, 8 years ago.

"Erica Parsons, 15, was reported missing by her older brother on July 30, 2013, but he says the last time he saw her was on November 19, 2011. Erica’s adoptive parents, Sandy and Casey, say Erica isn’t missing — she went to live with her biological paternal grandmother, “Nan,” in December 2011. Police say there is no “Nan,” and Erica’s biological grandmother died five years ago. They say Erica’s parents are being uncooperative and that the information they’ve provided isn’t true. Sandy and Casey’s 20-year-old son told authorities that his sister isn’t missing — he claimed his parents killed her."
Source:
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2054/

The Parsons say Erica went to live with Irene “Nan” Goodman, her paternal grandmother. Family members said that grandmother died about five years ago, and Carolyn Parons said on Facebook that Erica had no biological relatives in the Asheville area. Investigators said they have not been able to confirm the existence of "Nan."
Source: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/frequently-asked-questions-erica-parsons-case/nZZs8/

Carolyn Parsons, Erica's biological mother, said on her Facebook page that Erica's biological grandmother has been dead for five years, Dr. Phil said.
Source:
http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130821/SP01/130829940/1016

I'm just trying to figure out how so many people have the death of Cloie Goodman off by 3 years.

I know I heard the "five years ago" term from multiple news stories and even the Dr. Phil show. I'm just trying to figure out why family members would tell anyone she died 5 years ago when it's proven she died in 2005, 8 years ago.

"Erica Parsons, 15, was reported missing by her older brother on July 30, 2013, but he says the last time he saw her was on November 19, 2011. Erica’s adoptive parents, Sandy and Casey, say Erica isn’t missing — she went to live with her biological paternal grandmother, “Nan,” in December 2011. Police say there is no “Nan,” and Erica’s biological grandmother died five years ago. They say Erica’s parents are being uncooperative and that the information they’ve provided isn’t true. Sandy and Casey’s 20-year-old son told authorities that his sister isn’t missing — he claimed his parents killed her."
Source:
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2054/

The Parsons say Erica went to live with Irene “Nan” Goodman, her paternal grandmother. Family members said that grandmother died about five years ago, and Carolyn Parons said on Facebook that Erica had no biological relatives in the Asheville area. Investigators said they have not been able to confirm the existence of "Nan."
Source: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/frequently-asked-questions-erica-parsons-case/nZZs8/

Carolyn Parsons, Erica's biological mother, said on her Facebook page that Erica's biological grandmother has been dead for five years, Dr. Phil said.
Source:
http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130821/SP01/130829940/1016

I'm just trying to figure out how so many people have the death of Cloie Goodman off by 3 years.

Im not sure that carolyn even kept in contact with billy. This is such a mess! They all look older than they are! moo :scared:

if I am correct on the timing they would not have gotten a large tax credit if they had adopted her a year later they may have qualified for a tax credit that was not tied to actual expenses but for non special needs adoptions and special needs adoptions prior to 2001 your credit was no more then your expenses capped at 6000 dollars. I am not saying they didn't make money from the tax credit or that they didn't lie about their expenses but timing wise they did not adopt in a year when they could get more cash back then expenses and then only up to their stated tax. The child tax credit was also significantly lower then as well

1st [post: If they received a tax credit, would that mean that when they filed their taxes for that year, and she was not living in their home, or worse as many of us suspect, she's not alive, then that would mean they falsified their tax returns, and they need to also be concerned about the IRS as well as the state? Just thinking out loud.

Logged in today to get my mind off the Rim Fire/impending evacuation but I'm 20+ pages behind. Can anyone give me a quick synopsis on wether they are close to finding out what really happened to EP? Any arrests yet? (Fingers crossed)

This is from the 08/09/2013 Interview the Parsons gave:

http://www.acandyrose.com/2013-08-09-ParsonsMediaInterviewPt5.pdf

Casey Parsons: You have to understand about that. Along with that comes Medicaid, and I knew that was Erica's only way of going to the doctor if she became sick and needed to go to the doctor. So, if you cancel that too, you cancel her insurance that she has, and that was her only health insurance at all. And, I actually have the letter over there that tells about receiving that. And, there's two criterias for it- legal responsibility or financial responsibility.

Reporter: So, how did you use the money, then?

Casey Parsons: It- just put it in the bank, and just like we received it, and it's in- it's sitting in the bank. 'Cause-

Reporter: No one went to Irene, Nan?

Casey Parsons: No, we don't even know an address.

Casey Parsons: I still have her Medicaid card sitting here.

Reporter: How would she get-

Casey Parsons: If she needed that.

Reporter: - to the doctor?

Casey Parsons: She would have to call and do it. Now see, they did mention about treatment one time for her. And Nan, when we called her back, we went to see- we called to see how that went when she was at the ER, supposed to be, that night- um, she said she got her treated.

Reporter: This is up in Asheville?

Casey Parsons: Yes. And they- the detective said they called a hospital. The hospital me and my husband searched for and found was Mission's Hill, wasn't it? Hospital, that we assume that's where she went to. Um, but they won't give you any information over the phone. And, the detective said they was checking all that and checking it out.

=====================================

ACR

Who wants to bet there's no record of EP being admitted to the hospital mentioned and that if LE checks the bank account CP talks about, that it's completely empty?

Furthermore, CP claims they kept receiving the payments to keep her insurance active "in case she comes back" but then LE finds and states in their probable cause affidavit that they've gotten rid of all of her stuff and suspect CP/SP never expected EP to return :(

FROM THREAD #1:

Originally Posted by ACandyRose

And here in part three of that interview:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=9763228

Quote:
Casey: They're lying. And he warned us that he would say stuff like that when we got our lawyer. They proved there was the other lady there, Strawberry. And, we also got told, um, Billy Goodman's mother is from Asheville and she resided in Mooresville. And, I don't know, I don't remember what they said her name was. And, the Strawberry lady has lived everywhere including also Mooresville. This is all comes from the detective. And, there is a Kelly and she does have kids. Just like the phone call with Billy at the police station when they called, he denied ever even having Erica as a kid- he never had a kid, he said. And he has three kids. We told them all everything so why they're saying that the factual thing- there was a Strawberry. That lady Strawberry, and a Kelly. I have no idea, because they know exactly who them people are. They've talked to them.

snip, snip, snipped... sorry if I mangled it...

This has bothered me all night. I woke up and read it again, it still bothers me.
Her tone implies, "See? Even the detective agrees that these people exist!"

Logged in today to get my mind off the Rim Fire/impending evacuation but I'm 20+ pages behind. Can anyone give me a quick synopsis on wether they are close to finding out what really happened to EP? Any arrests yet? (Fingers crossed)

No arrests yet, some search warrants on Parsons property. I think the Parsons and their lawyer have decided to stop the media tour. Sandy Parsons failed a (non-LE) polygraph about Erica's disappearance, Casey refused to take it. Allegations of abuse by Casey are picking up steam, other family members claiming to have witnessed it.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Billy D Goodman's felony record.

My gosh, CarolP wanted to have an affair with this guy? He has a huge wrap sheet even before meeting/impregnating CarolP. What could she have seen in him? Honestly, I'm not sure EP would have been much better off staying with her bio mom even if the dad didn't stick around. Just choosing to be with a guy like this is horrible judgement to begin with. He even assaulted a female while CarolP was still pregnant with EP in late 1997. I hope the assault wasn't on CarolP/Unborn EP :(

i wonder if the parsons took any vacations in nov/dec 2011? long weekend getaways?

Looking for the 23 Dr. Phil Show YouTube videos from the 8/20-21/2013 shows on Erica Parsons is a pain, and takes far too much needless time. So, for your convenience, here's a concise list.

If you copy this info to any other place, please include the list compilation credit line: "The following list was compiled by Peeralot Sherlock (websleuths.com)."

I'm also including the url for the simple timeline provided online by WSOC-TV in Charlotte, NC:

Missing since 2011: Erica Lynn Parsons (b. 2/24/1998, Caucasian, petite, severely learning disabled) - Salisbury, NC
Reported missing: 7/30/2013
Adoptive Parents: Sandy & Casey (Stone) Parsons, 218 Miller Chapel Rd., Salisbury, NC

WSOC-TV Timeline (Charlotte): http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/missing-erica-parsons-timeline/nZNG3/

The following list was compiled by Peeralot Sherlock (websleuths.com).

Dr. Phil Show Videos 8/20/2013 & 8/21/2013
(Part 1 - Videos 1-12; 42' 52")
Pt 1 Vid 1: (04:57) www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzaU4s8PzEU
Pt 1 Vid 2: (03:18) www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJLsv6vhb8o
Pt 1 Vid 3: (04:51) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyWhY1M0Fi4
Pt 1 Vid 4: (01:56) www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC4NjyIFG0
Pt 1 Vid 5: (04:58) www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdTmrBUKkMA
Pt 1 Vid 6: (04:50) www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_TjiptGRoY
Pt 1 Vid 7: (01:55) www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFz-77G4Zos
Pt 1 Vid 8: (04:57) www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvZ7m_cS_gA
Pt 1 Vid 9: (00:51) www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XcgC2Y6jbc
Pt 1 Vid 10: (04:54) www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOFtz1Lmnw
Pt 1 Vid 11: (03:04) www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT1irmeWFi0
Pt 1 Vid 12: (02:21) www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9pVz4mrPVQ

(Part 2 - Videos 1-11; 42' 17")
Pt 2 Vid 1: (04:55) www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs-2ru5cino
Pt 2 Vid 2: (01:50) www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvt5IlwEg1E
Pt 2 Vid 3: (04:59) www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSM1_YLyj0E
Pt 2 Vid 4: (01:30) www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hzqaJCgYBs
Pt 2 Vid 5: (04:51) www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCFf6qaWjY
Pt 2 Vid 6: (04:58) www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xh7Io_CyIw
Pt 2 Vid 7: (02:31) www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OvD1Hq2S78
Pt 2 Vid 8: (04:57) www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns5mrw-JtGE
Pt 2 Vid 9: (04:54) www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyqD9iMdjg4
Pt 2 Vid 10: (04:58) www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezt7GyIIxok
Pt 2 Vid 11: (01:54) www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2a7e5o5QS8

... if she qualified for SSI they could have been receiving monthly adoption subsidies plus an SSI check. They also would have gotten a large adoption tax credit when they adopted her and children adopted from foster care typically get a state medical card until they are 18. So basically they had to pay for nothing to care of Erica and I'm sure made money off of her. I'm actually surprised they didn't adopt more children. Especially ones with special needs.

I always thought that people adopted special needs children for unselfish reasons but if it's possible to make a profit by doing this then that is yet another way for evil people to exploit children - ugh.

I'm getting ready to make my will and I have no children but two pet birds that probably won't outlive me but it's possible that they could. I plan to see if I can put instructions in the will to find a good home for the birds first then after they are in the new adopted home the person finds out there is an account with some money in it to help pay for vet expenses. I don't want them to know about the money beforehand, I want them to want the birds for themselves. It won't be a huge amount of money but it would be enough to tempt some people to do the wrong thing. Vet bills are not cheap and so far they have not needed anything except checkups but I want them to be able to get vet care if they need it and they would need it more when they are older. I've thought about seeing if I can create an account at the vet just for that purpose. Am I nuts or does my thinking make sense?

From the first time I saw the Dr. Phil interview and Casey say Erica is find she is with Nan' I thought she was trying to make a truthful statement by omitting the truth of Erica being dead. I too thought Erica is with Nan = Erica is dead just like Nan. I also wondered if she was making statements like this thinking she could beat a lie detector test if she had to take one.

Is anyone sure what house Erica resided in? I have heard and read varied information. Did the Parsons live in THAT residence when Erica was last seen or was it a prior address?

Reason I ask is, I agree with the above. Casey is cagey with her lies - Erica is with bio gramma Nan. Truth, she is with her real bio gramma :( Dead.

Something that has stuck in my craw since the interview with the Parsons:

CP says something to the effect of she told LE they were welcome to search the yard, because Erica is not buried in THIS yard.

That statement struck me as a true lie as well. I think she is dead, I think she is buried somewhere, but I think CP was being truthful and a bit cocky when she said Erica was not buried in THAT yard.

snip, snip, snipped... sorry if I mangled it...

This has bothered me all night. I woke up and read it again, it still bothers me.
Her tone implies, "See? Even the detective agrees that these people exist!"

but! We all research and she probally did too!!! The computer will have alot of stuff on it! moo and its a small town, she knows whats going on! moo

Is anyone sure what house Erica resided in? I have heard and read varied information. Did the Parsons live in THAT residence when Erica was last seen or was it a prior address?

Reason I ask is, I agree with the above. Casey is cagey with her lies - Erica is with bio gramma Nan. Truth, she is with her real bio gramma :( Dead.

Something that has stuck in my craw since the interview with the Parsons:

CP says something to the effect of she told LE they were welcome to search the yard, because Erica is not buried in THIS yard.

That statement struck me as a true lie as well. I think she is dead, I think she is buried somewhere, but I think CP was being truthful and a bit cocky when she said Erica was not buried in THAT yard.

The neighbors never knew about erica! I dont think she lived in that house with them! Thats my own opinion! They lived at 2xx trexlar loop before. moo

I always thought that people adopted special needs children for unselfish reasons but if it's possible to make a profit by doing this then that is yet another way for evil people to exploit children - ugh.

I'm getting ready to make my will and I have no children but two pet birds that probably won't outlive me but it's possible that they could. I plan to see if I can put instructions in the will to find a good home for the birds first then after they are in the new adopted home the person finds out there is an account with some money in it to help pay for vet expenses. I don't want them to know about the money beforehand, I want them to want the birds for themselves. It won't be a huge amount of money but it would be enough to tempt some people to do the wrong thing. Vet bills are not cheap and so far they have not needed anything except checkups but I want them to be able to get vet care if they need it and they would need it more when they are older. I've thought about seeing if I can create an account at the vet just for that purpose. Am I nuts or does my thinking make sense?

U make perfect sense!!!! moo

RSBM

.....Am I nuts or does my thinking make sense?

Makes total sense..

People also exploit animals especially DOGS for example...there are people that truly think all you need is a male and a female of most any animal and you are looking at easy money...

And here we are.

I wonder how many litters of puppies some folks have put on the ground...the idea of that pains me as much as Erica being unaccounted for and for so long .!!!!!

:'(

GO AHEAD and call me crazy...!!!

I must stop now....boooooooo hisssssss grrrrrrr.

Looking for the 23 Dr. Phil Show YouTube videos from the 8/20-21/2013 shows on Erica Parsons is a pain, and takes far too much needless time. So, for your convenience, here's a concise list.
Great list, Peeralot. I've taken the liberty of copying the post in its entirety to the media thread.

NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 15 -- Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BTW, the media thread is open to members for posting. I entered the first ones to get it up to date, and I'll continue to maintain it, but everyone is welcome to contribute. Beside links and snips of news articles, compilations, transcripts, and any work pertaining to the media coverage of the case can be posted in the media thread. Just remember, no comments, please.

Was casey a registered surrogate? I would like to know about that!!!

I know I heard the "five years ago" term from multiple news stories and even the Dr. Phil show. I'm just trying to figure out why family members would tell anyone she died 5 years ago when it's proven she died in 2005, 8 years ago. ... I'm just trying to figure out how so many people have the death of Cloie Goodman off by 3 years.

Hi, Solariis. My knee-jerk reaction to this (you actually did the math?!) was that you had noticed something important in this 3-year discrepancy.

My reaction a few seconds later was to recall my reaction to seeing Carolyn Parsons speak at the vigil. She may have been simply overwhelmed by the situation and by the TV cameras, waiting for someone to cue her, but it seemed that she is/was maybe learning disabled herself (deer in the headlights, at a loss for words). Watch her at 00:55-01:02 in this video:

http://www.wsoctv.com/videos/news/biological-mother-of-erica-parsons-speaks-at-vigil/v9qss/

With all due respect to Carolyn and her extended family members, including Casey Parsons, who wrote "Theeth" instead of "teeth," I think there may be many family members who have difficulties with memory and with information processing (some of this may be from sleep disorders, hypothyroidism, or similar conditions). Those who don't have those problems are probably "kept in check" by the family culture of those who do. This has nothing to do with lack of intelligence (or the tiresome charge of Southern inbreeding and cretinism). Very brilliant people can have learning disabilities and medical conditions that affect their mental alertness at times. Even diet can be a factor, and that's something that is very social (ever heard of hush puppies, pigs-in-a-blanket, or 3+ helpings of dessert at a family reunion or church dinner on the grounds?).

Within that particular family and their community in Salisbury, I can so easily imagine that anyone who would dare to actually do the math as if it mattered might be ostracized by some for being "nit-picky" about what for most of them is a good-enough round figure. So five years is to them an acceptable ballpark figure for what became eight years while they weren't thinking about it.

And it's important that the police seem to have been the first to float the "dead 5 years" phrase, followed by Dr. Phil McGraw himself on TV. And when somebody with credibility (like the police or Dr. Phil or even a family member) says "five years," it's immediately quoted by everyone. No one might think, or at least take the time out, to look for Grandma Goodman's death date. Why should they? An authority figure (family or not) said "five," and why would he/she lie or be mistaken? This is admittedly a response that is more like a child than an adult ...

Here's an idea: WHAT IF the police AND Dr. Phil said "dead 5 years" to Casey to elicit some sort of "lie-detector-test" type of inner response in her? Like maybe she could flinch at the number if she knew the grandmother had actually been dead for 8 years instead of 5. Casey's response, though, wasn't to express surprise and say, "How can that be? I saw the woman two years ago!" Nor did she rise to the bait and try to correct the (likely intentional) misinformation. She just remained calm and repeated her story. Of course, she *had* heard it from the police before the Dr. Phil show was taped.

Which of these angles best explains the "dead 5 years" error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow