FL FL - Tiffany Heaven Daniels, 25, Pensacola State College, 12 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Past the parking area where the car was found, is there a gate on Fort Pickens Road that is closed by the Park Rangers at night? If so, at what time? Is there an entrance fee?

I posted upthread about the times of operation. Basically, that means the entrance on the road is closed with a gate (I believe), but AFAIK, you can still walk up the beach to get in. There is an entrance fee, but I couldn't find it on-line. I think it's a few dollars for bikers/pedestrians and ~6 for a car. Or, you can get an annual pass for $35-40.

I posted upthread about hours of operation and then read on another page at the National Park Service.

Fort Pickens is open from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. daily. http://www.nps.gov/guis/florida.htm

It makes sense for them to be open later since they have a campground.

I posted upthread about the times of operation. Basically, that means the entrance on the road is closed with a gate (I believe), but AFAIK, you can still walk up the beach to get in. There is an entrance fee, but I couldn't find it on-line. I think it's a few dollars for bikers/pedestrians and ~6 for a car. Or, you can get an annual pass for $35-40.

I posted upthread about hours of operation and then read on another page at the National Park Service.

Fort Pickens is open from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. daily. http://www.nps.gov/guis/florida.htm

It makes sense for them to be open later since they have a campground.

Makes you wonder if she met up with or into a transient staying at the campground.

Let's sleuth the rest room option a bit...

Guys carry cell phones and wallet in their pockets for the most part. Ladies carry stuff in a purse or in their hand.

I doubt she would want to put her wallet and cell phone on a public rest room floor....so she leaves them in her car.

If you make a drive for anything over a half hour or so, park with the intent of going hiking/swimming/bike ride...and there is a rest room right where you park....and you are a lady and don't want to risk having to squat and pee where you could be seen...you would use the rest room.

Above is assuming she did not go missing on her own accord.

I wonder if LE has had reports of or have seen someone "hanging around" the ladies rest room? It would be a crime of opportunity as the actor would have to stake out the restroom (from a parked car?) and wait until a lady went in that met his/her criteria and then ensure no one else was around before going in after the victim.

This option would not present the actor with having to dispose of a car and personal effects....just load up and drive away...

Of course, the other nagging possibility that you brought up, Tracker, is that the car is a complete red herring, was driven there by someone else after the fact who then simply walked away or took the trolley...

So many beach cams, so many people around, would be nice if someone saw something... or if she'd mentioned to anyone what she was doing after work. Frustrating case.

Back to the restrooms, I looked in Google street view, and the restrooms (if I'm in the right spot) seem so exposed - they're on the gulf side, not the sound side, so not really near the condos unless you cross the road. There are a lot of covered picnic tables there. The restroom complex itself seems fairly big, and high raised. Still, not knowing exactly when she was there, but this seems like a fairly busy stretch of beach - was it different at the time she disappeared because of rains and what not? I know someone mentioned recent rains/flooding. I am having trouble getting a simple link from Google Earth but the location I'm looking from is 30°19'32.41" N 87°10'51.39" W.

The only other disturbing thing about the location is that there appears to be a large green dumpster on the opposite side of the road from the restrooms, one of those that sits fairly low to the ground for easy access and is likely picked up by a truck bringing in a replacement.

Of course, the other nagging possibility that you brought up, Tracker, is that the car is a complete red herring, was driven there by someone else after the fact who then simply walked away or took the trolley...

So many beach cams, so many people around, would be nice if someone saw something... or if she'd mentioned to anyone what she was doing after work. Frustrating case.

Back to the restrooms, I looked in Google street view, and the restrooms (if I'm in the right spot) seem so exposed - they're on the gulf side, not the sound side, so not really near the condos unless you cross the road. There are a lot of covered picnic tables there. The restroom complex itself seems fairly big, and high raised. Still, not knowing exactly when she was there, but this seems like a fairly busy stretch of beach - was it different at the time she disappeared because of rains and what not? I know someone mentioned recent rains/flooding. I am having trouble getting a simple link from Google Earth but the location I'm looking from is 30°19'32.41" N 87°10'51.39" W.

The only other disturbing thing about the location is that there appears to be a large green dumpster on the opposite side of the road from the restrooms, one of those that sits fairly low to the ground for easy access and is likely picked up by a truck bringing in a replacement.

One would "assume" LE has looked at that and has done a check where the dumpster was emptied. Even if it is dumped at sea, there is a dock where it is dumped before it goes on the garbage scow. Very good catch!

One would "assume" LE has looked at that and has done a check where the dumpster was emptied. Even if it is dumped at sea, there is a dock where it is dumped before it goes on the garbage scow. Very good catch!

Thanks. I am fairly new to WS, was drawn here mainly by the Lori Ruff case but I happened to have a facebook friend post a flyer for Tiffany and it just caught my eye for some reason.

Google Street View is amazing - of course, that image is old so the dumpster may not even be there now, but the ability of street view to sort of drop you into the area to look around is pretty amazing.

Looking at the location of the school / drama department, the route from school to the beach seems to be a fairly straight shot through downtown, if I'm looking at it correctly.

I'm sure that LE is thinking about it, but other than the pensacola beach toll booth license plate photo the evening of the 12th, I don't know what direct evidence we have that the car was parked there for 8 days. Around here, if you parked at the beach more than overnight or so, you'd likely get tagged for an abandoned vehicle. Don't know how often this parking lot was patrolled or by who, but seems odd the vehicle was there for 8 days. Still, that seems to be the going theory.

It seems to me another possibility is that a third party drove the vehicle through that toll bridge the evening of the 12th, and then turned left and went down towards Navarre beach on to 399 and to parts unknown - there's no toll booth on 399 in that direction. Then at some later point, if they returned via the same route and parked the car in the Fort Pickens lot, you'd be none the wiser.

Hopefully word is getting out and business owners, people with cameras and what not, are thinking back. I don't want to over think this, I still think a strong possibility is she went there to go swimming and had an unfortunate accident in the strong currents, but I just have trouble with the idea that the car was there in one spot for 8 days without attracting the attention of LE / beach patrol. Maybe patrols there are different than TX.

Have been having a look around at tourist things around the Fort Pickens area....I came across an amateur star gazing group who had an event on the 18th August at the Battery Worth picnic area...Am wondering whether anyone from that group may be able to recall seeing anything out of the ordinary or if in fact her car was there before it was reported on the 20th...

This is the link to the group
http://www.visitpensacola.com/articles/pensacola-outdoors-stargazing

Just a thought.

My Theories:

1. The car is a diversion carefully placed to throw off LE and SAR.
a) By an unknown actor - To gain time and distance.
b) By Tiffany for reasons unknown - Left by trolley or other vehicle/boat.
c) A disposal of convenience rather than planned.
d) Possibly moved from another hotel/condo or park lot after abduction

2. Tiffany went swimming and met with an accident.

3. Tiffany decided to opt out of life and her remains have yet to be found.

4. Tiffany was going for a hike/swim/bike ride and stopped at the rest rooms.
a) Was abducted from the rest room.
b) Was abducted after leaving the rest room.
c) Was dumped in a trash dumpster.
d) Was removed from the beach area.

If I missed something, please feel free to add to the list with your own theory.

Have been having a look around at tourist things around the Fort Pickens area....I came across an amateur star gazing group who had an event on the 18th August at the Battery Worth picnic area...Am wondering whether anyone from that group may be able to recall seeing anything out of the ordinary or if in fact her car was there before it was reported on the 20th...

This is the link to the group
http://www.visitpensacola.com/articles/pensacola-outdoors-stargazing

Just a thought.

Not a bad idea. Wonder if a local WS member could reach out to them with a copy of the missing poster?

I am booking marking the page and will follow up with them to see if they saw anything out there

PLUS last night on the local news I saw a short piece on a guy who offered a woman from the boardwalk a ride then took her to a empty house and sexually attacked her. He was arrested. Today I cant find it on their website. Could I have dreamed that they actually reported something local? IDK! When I get out of work I will look a lot more.

Could be what happened and she is in one of the vacation homes on the beach

I am booking marking the page and will follow up with them to see if they saw anything out there

PLUS last night on the local news I saw a short piece on a guy who offered a woman from the boardwalk a ride then took her to a empty house and sexually attacked her. He was arrested. Today I cant find it on their website. Could I have dreamed that they actually reported something local? IDK! When I get out of work I will look a lot more.

Good point! Got me thinking - hope LE has checked into all reports in weeks/months prior to Tiffany disappearing of women being bothered/accosted in the area, even robbery attempts. Often a makes initial attempts that fail before finally perfecting method or victim selection.

I've been thinking about this overnight. I was going back over the https://www.facebook.com/findtiffany website, and I found this post: https://www.facebook.com/findtiffany/posts/162544963936550.

Long story short, her boyfriend's roommate thinks she picked up some clothes from their (the BF/roommate's) house between 9am-5:30pm either Monday (the day she left work early / disappeared afterwards) or the following Tuesday, he can't remember which. I also saw it on a "timeline" online (can't find the URL now) as "unconfirmed", but it ads the possibility that she left work early to go pick up these clothes and something happened on her way there / afterwards.

Based upon the time frames given and the way it is presented, I am assuming it was a case of there being clothes for her to pick up, and the roommate realizing they were picked up while he was at work during that two day time frame, but not really knowing which day (ie. they were there on Sunday, I noticed they were gone Tuesday night). Believe the BF had left to go to graduate school in Texas. No mention of any new roommates or anything like that. I'm new and still trying to decipher the TOS in terms of allowable speculation.

Another point made on the Find Tiffany FB was that the car was found unlocked. Hard to decipher that as either forgetfulness, something happened before she could lock it, or someone left it unlocked hoping the phone / bike / car might be stolen and further befuddle LE efforts. No word of where the keys were...

Also had a picture of a bike supposedly similar to hers, to me it looks more like a dedicated road bike than a hybrid / mountain bike, for whatever it's worth. There were also several comments about how cavernous Fort Pickens is, with a lot of closed and locked areas with possible cut locks and people / transients using them for parties / living / etc. I would assume LE/SAR has been all over that Fort.

That's all for now... I thought the detail about the clothes is potentially important.

Reactions: Hap
Other obvious point I didn't mention - LE made no mention of a box of clothes in the car when it was found...

Reactions: Hap

Nice catch. I can't find it on the news websites either but someone did post a link to an arrest report on the Find Tiffany facebook, and I checked and it is actually an RSO who has been discussed on WS before for failure to register. Very scary. Hopefully no connection... Maybe the news will put something back up.

Ok, here is the information on the individual sophiafox mentioned, who was also mentioned by a poster today on Find Tiffany FB page. This person has no known connection to the Tiffany Daniels case at this time, but he was arrested for a recent abduction / assault in the beach area, I cannot find the news report but according to the original poster he offered a woman a ride on the boardwalk area, then took her someplace (vacant beach house??) to assault her. He is a RSO and has been discussed on WS before:

http://www.mugshotsworld.com/bret-randall-may-2

FL RSO Model Agent Life Coach Liar - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9