Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who posted those yearbook pics from the original thread? I think it was from an Arizona school? Really those pics looked more like FLEK than any others we have posted. Can someone link me or send me a pm to that info?

Sidekick

To me the comparison is very close! I don't know how everyone else feels about it! I think it's worth a closer look.

I'm not really sure why some people seem to be "stuck" on this one person. She has several real differences to her face that LEK does NOT have. I've pointed them out before.

1. The "non-hooded" eyelids

2. The distinctive naso-labial folds

3. The nose is totally different

Now, I'm sure I'll hear that LEK could have gotten surgery on her face, but who gets surgery to GET "hooded eyelids"??? I don't think ANYBODY does this and it would take a special surgeon to be able to 'reverse' non hooded eyelids into hooded ones.

Lori2_zps47a0e672.jpg

I'm not really sure why some people seem to be "stuck" on this one person. She has several real differences to her face that LEK does NOT have. I've pointed them out before.

1. The "non-hooded" eyelids

2. The distinctive naso-labial folds

3. The nose is totally different

Now, I'm sure I'll hear that LEK could have gotten surgery on her face, but who gets surgery to GET "hooded eyelids"??? I don't think ANYBODY does this and it would take a special surgeon to be able to 'reverse' non hooded eyelids into hooded ones.

Lori2_zps47a0e672.jpg

Hi Angela :)

I see what you mean, as I pointed out when I posted it ... there are similarities. The nose bothers me (HOLD ON!... she could have had a nose job) but you pointed the eye lids are different, which I can see too. I can't see anyone having them 'done' either. I think what grabs the attention to her is her face structure, lack of dimples or lines...a flatter face (so to speak).

Hi Angela :)

I see what you mean, as I pointed out when I posted it ... there are similarities. The nose bothers me (HOLD ON!... she could have had a nose job) but you pointed the eye lids are different, which I can see too. I can't see anyone having them 'done' either. I think what grabs the attention to her is her face structure, lack of dimples or lines...a flatter face (so to speak).

I agree. LEK's face is actually flat in the mid-area, where most people have something of naso-labial folds when they smile. Even when she smiles, she doesn't get those folds.

This is not the person I was talking about... The person I was talking about was not a missing person, but the pic was happened across during a random yearbook search of towns we had associated FLEK with..
Someone said, that looks like every girl I went to high school from the 80's with...
Who posted that? I want to see that pic again.

The girl above looks nothing like FLEK in my opinion

I believe the moderators deleted the post due to privacy concerns. Whoever posted it please send me a link.

Linda, not that my memory is the greatest, but I think that was in the original thread, and there wasn't a link posted when I saw it. I think the person said to pm them if anyone wanted to look at it.

The pics were posted... I should have screen shot them :(

This drew my attention because of the age of the girl, the fact the father relocated to California, the demeanor of the family and particularly of the father, and the fact that the Father was tall.

AK AK - Scott Fandel, 13, & Amy Fandel, 8, Sterling, 5 Sept 1978 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Off Topic, but stories like this just make me so sad. Children need to be allowed to live out their lives. :( I saw a movie about the Green River Killer too that made me feel the same way. Those women were too young to have their lives cut short.

Okay, back to the subject at hand.

Off Topic, but stories like this just make me so sad. Children need to be allowed to live out their lives. :( I saw a movie about the Green River Killer too that made me feel the same way. Those women were too young to have their lives cut short.

Okay, back to the subject at hand.

Not off topic. This girl and her brother are still missing to my knowledge. The girl was 5 or so when she disappeared. Too difficult to tell from the one pic they have of her whether she looks like LEK. The father and mother were separated and father went to California. The kids came up missing. Father had not been ruled out as a suspect to my knowledge. If he took the children and they are not found dead somewhere, he would have had to change their identities when they were children or keep them under the radar and out of school their entire lives. The boy was a stepson to him. Someone in that thread said to tread lightly because father is a dangerous man. LEK was hiding from something or someone. So, I thought the facts might fit and we shouldn't rule out possible family abduction scenarios when looking for FLEK.

This is what I have found:

California and Nevada connections:

http://www.instantcheckmate.com/search/resultsAPI/CA/Fandel/Roger

There is also a Nevada address for this man, a straight shot 6 hours or so shot south to Las Vegas and Boulder City.

http://www.mapquest.com/#c48078cc9df8b46ecab94a74

This article says father went to Arizona at the time of the parties' separation and at least one relative believes the girl is alive and the boy is dead. The boy is her half-brother but their is a facial structure resemblance to FLEK in my opinion:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fandel_scott.html

This link gives an idea of what years he resided where:

http://www.mylife.com/rogerfandel

Depending on whether I found the right one, there may be a biker connection; which makes me think of the police gang telephone number on the notes page for FLEK. curiously, and probably coincidentally, there was a missing young lady in oroville, CA some time later, with a biker connection.

Linda, I'm not understanding the side by side or news blurb. Can you explain?

Sherri Lynn Johnson was submitted as a possible match quite some time ago.

I (as well as several others) thought the resemblance was remarkable. But, other people disagreed.

Attachments

• johnson_sheri_ap.jpg
    johnson_sheri_ap.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 2021230766.jpg
    2021230766.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 2021230770.jpg
    2021230770.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 48
Just because some disagree... Lol
I do think they look alike. I mean who's to say she wasn't her had a crappy life with whoever she ended up with and left. It's entirely possible several theories are correct at the same time. Pretty close match IMO. So she was submitted to law enforcement?

OMG, now it makes sense. FLEK does look like this man, particularly the shape of the mouth and the earlobes. Phew! I thought we were back to the sex change thing. LOL.

Just because some disagree... Lol
I do think they look alike. I mean who's to say she wasn't her had a crappy life with whoever she ended up with and left. It's entirely possible several theories are correct at the same time. Pretty close match IMO. So she was submitted to law enforcement?

Here's ClaireNC's post re: submitted/discussed, etc.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

Also, you will find additional posts/discussion regarding SLJ in the original thread.

I got an email back from Joe Velling regarding Kim Mallon as a match:

Thank you for your tip. The results of the requested DNA comparison did not match our JANE DOE (see attached).

Again – thank you for sending us your possible identification for JANE DOE.

Joe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back