CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the long stay in Buttonwillow, it appears that there are several hours unaccounted for from leaving his gf's Wed night at 11:30pm to running out of gas in Buttonwillow at 9am Thurs morning. Where did he stop in between? His apartment? Friends from Sierra? Who saw him then?

@ dragracerz: Where in the timeline did Bryce's mom talk to his friends asking them to give him his keys back?

That was earlier I only posted from when he left. Here is the earlier events from Aug 26 to 10:30 PM Wednesday:

Aug. 26 - Bryce attends his speech class and web design class at Sierra College and has a “good normal conversation” with his mother, according to her. The family has a photo taken that afternoon of a “happy” Bryce posing with a Madden sports video game.

Aug. 27 - Bryce admits to his girlfriend he took at least one pill described as medication for attention deficit disorder, according to conversations relayed by the girlfriend to Bryce’s mother.

“He was acting strange and he admitted he took that pill,” she said quoting the girlfriend.

10 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

10:30 p.m. Wednesday - Karen Laspisa tells the friends, by phone, to return the keys to her son after she speaks to him. He tells her: “I have a lot to talk to you about.”

I was told there were 2 trips to the crash site not three
There is IMO a key piece of evidence on the surveillance tapes. His car is seen going toward the crash site at 2:30 AM (guessing on time - don't remember) Then it is eeen again going toward the crash site at 4:20 AM but this time a second car is following a minute behind.
LASD needs to find the second car and see why they were going in there at 4:21 and you would think that driver would have seen the crash ??????
A worker found the crash at 5:30 AM

This just gets weirder. So there is almost a 2 hour delay between loops on this road (based on guessing). But why? Could he actually have been waiting for someone? The loop is only a few miles.

4:30am would be a bit too early for a fisherman maybe by 30 or 60 minutes. It could have been an employee at the boat launch going to work early. Whomever it was must have seen the vehicle, even if not the crash. I am curious if there are any intersections or pull-outs where this vehicle may have gone such that they wouldn't see the crash further down the road.

So...did he only have classes on Monday? Who took the pic of a happy Bryce or was it a selfie?

I'm really interested in the surveillance tapes. Do you know where the surveillance tapes came from? I know once you pass the intersection at Lake Hughes Rd and Ridge Route Rd there are no stores or anywhere that would have surveillance cameras.

I know there was a tape from a 7-11 Wherever the tape was from it only shows cars going in - not out

@ dragracerz: Does Bryce have siblings? If so, is Bryce the eldest, middle, youngest?
Does Bryce get along well with his mother or have they had a difficult relationship? TIA

This just gets weirder. So there is almost a 2 hour delay between loops on this road (based on guessing). But why? Could he actually have been waiting for someone? The loop is only a few miles.

4:30am would be a bit too early for a fisherman maybe by 30 or 60 minutes. It could have been an employee at the boat launch going to work early. Whomever it was must have seen the vehicle, even if not the crash. I am curious if there are any intersections or pull-outs where this vehicle may have gone such that they wouldn't see the crash further down the road.

I don't know. I have looked at aerial photos of the area and think that is someone was behind him , they would have seen something.
It crossed my mind that he might have been meeting someone at Buttonwillow because he was there so long. We don't think he knows anyone in that area though.
Another speculation I had was what if something bad happened at buttonwillow and it wasn't even Bryce driving either time at Castaic lake?

I could go on and on about the scenerios that have gone through my head but nothing make sense. That is why I was not offended by anyones posts.

Besides the long stay in Buttonwillow, it appears that there are several hours unaccounted for from leaving his gf's Wed night at 11:30pm to running out of gas in Buttonwillow at 9am Thurs morning. Where did he stop in between? His apartment? Friends from Sierra? Who saw him then?

dragracerz, what would be your theory as to why Bryce would spend upward to 10 hours at the Buttonwillow truck stop??? Unless he got a room there, he wouldn't have been able to sleep in his car as the temperatures have been miserably hot there, over 100 each day. Not unless he slept in his car with the engine running and the a/c on.

What would he be doing there? The weekend was so short for such a drive, why waste some of his precious time kicking around an area he didn't know?? TIA.

Thinking further... 5-1/2 hrs from Chico to Buttonwillow. Driving nonstop would put him in Buttonwillow @5am. Maybe he did stop to sleep there with the car running to keep the air on & ran out of gas that way?

@ dragracerz: Does Bryce have siblings? If so, is Bryce the eldest, middle, youngest?
Does Bryce get along well with his mother or have they had a difficult relationship? TIA

Bryce is my sisters only son. He gets along with Karen and Mike very well and is open with them on everything. We have a very loving family.
I don't know what he "had a lot to tell her" I could only guess ?

I don't know. I have looked at aerial photos of the area and think that is someone was behind him , they would have seen something.
It crossed my mind that he might have been meeting someone at Buttonwillow because he was there so long. We don't think he knows anyone in that area though.
Another speculation I had was what if something bad happened at buttonwillow and it wasn't even Bryce driving either time at Castaic lake?

I could go on and on about the scenerios that have gone through my head but nothing make sense. That is why I was not offended by anyones posts.

Some people have thought the same thing. Though, if the 2:20 time is correct and he spoke to his mother at 2:08, I'd imagine he was still with his vehicle at 2:08 and somewhere near Castaic. Had something happened after 2:08 it definitely wouldn't have been in Buttonwillow because there is no way his vehicle would have gotten to Castaic Lake in 12 mins. 2:08 was when he said he was going to pull off to sleep, so that seems consistent even if he was actually doing something else (who knows what at this point).

Thinking further... 5-1/2 hrs from Chico to Buttonwillow. Driving nonstop would put him in Buttonwillow @5am. Maybe he did stop to sleep there with the car running to keep the air on & ran out of gas that way?

It's been VERY hot in SoCal lately so I think that is a valid explanation. That area is a lot warmer than most of SoCal. He may not have realized that AC eats up gasoline.

Could be ? I don't know if it is in the timeline or not, but the road service driver showed up with gas and Bryce wasn't by his car, the driver left and Bryce called back immediately requesting gas, the driver turned around and brought him 3 gallons of gas.

My sister was notified of the road service via text (survey on service) and called and actually talked to the driver while he was with Bryce. He said he didn't see him when he first got there and maybe Bryce was sleeping, Bryce was listening to the conversation and butted in, "Yeah, I was sleeping"

Okay, I don't know if the driver looked in the car when he first got there and left OR if he did and Bryce wasn't in the car ???

Oh, and about the car key thing, Karen told the friends to give back the keys only after she talked to Bryce AND a few friends that she know and trusts their judgement.
I don't think giving him the keys back has any real relevance on what followed

Public info from FB/Instagram shows BL having a gaming username that is a chemical compound for extinguishing fires - Purple K (not the exact user name). This just struck me as disturbing after yesterday's body found burned & I hope he really didn't self-burn as some have speculated. :(

Except the word 'fire' is also part of the user name. But it could be related to the supplement as well. Just struck me as a possible fascination with fire related subject matter.

Both of these posts are deeply troubling. It indicates that Bryce may indeed have had a fascination with fire.

Listening to the radio interview and my heart is breaking. I hope they positively or negatively ID the body soon. If they have the dental records and he has a permanent retainer it should be pretty quick, right? Hoping so

I didn't see it was public about the retainer but yes, it was a permanent retainer and there are spaces for it to fit, that was one of the "key" pieces of info the coroner had therefore I would think if the body found was him the coroner could've identified it quickly

Both of these posts are deeply troubling. It indicates that Bryce may indeed have had a fascination with fire.

sincerely doubt it. He knew one of my friends that was burned and scarred

Naperville Sun: Friends pray for safe return of missing NCHS grad

... “I have faith that he is safe somewhere out there.”

"... It is totally out of the ordinary, and not in his character to (go missing).” ...

... “We are all on the lookout here (in Naperville), in case he shows up,” he said. “I heard he was missing Naperville and his friends a lot.” ...

... “If by chance he sees any of this, just say that all of us friends and family miss him a lot and just want him to get home safe so everyone can be able to see him and have him around,” [friend] said. ...

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/n...urn_of_missing_nchs_grad-NAP-09052013:article

Mental illness is such a touchy subject for many. The stigma attached is something I wish would just vanish! It's a subject near and dear to me though. So if I say something that seems insensitive, please know I am NOT attaching any stigma! Only concern! Having several family members with severe mental illnesses, it affects me greatly.

The actions leading up Bryce leaving the college area, as well as some of the statements, and actions during this trip bother me, and frankly send up red flags with regards to mental illness. Bryce was at a prime age that mental illnesses will show up in boys. It is what it is.

Does any of his family or friends know of any illnesses? Particularly schizophrenia, major depressive disorder, etc.?

One prior roommate stated he 'partied harder' than others, and was kicked out of the college dormitories last semester. Current roommate...was this a prior friend he knew, or someone he just met?

Could Bryce have wanted to leave the college setting? Feel overwhelmed with classes, and attempting to find a job? Sadly there is so much pressure on teenagers to excel, and do their best. Parents with successful careers of course only want the best for their kids. I personally feel that each generations would like to see our children do bigger and better than we did. To go further, be more. But other parents might not feel the same. How disappointing would it have been to Bryce's parents if he had quit college or wanted time away to gather himself and decide where he wanted his life to go? What career goals does Bryce have?

He appears to be a typical young guy, doing his best to get things going in his life, and as most, just to survive the rat race.

Did Bryce have two Instagram accounts? I found one under his name and the pics are definitely him, but the account name did not have fire or purple K in it.

Another thought is perhaps he wanted to be a firefighter rather than being obsessed with fire.

sincerely doubt it. He knew one of my friends that was burned and scarred

I hope it's just a coincidence. Do you happen to know offhand what games - or what kinds of games - he was generally drawn to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298