CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a lurker on this page and have followed this case since the morning the report was put out. I'm selecting this post as my first post because there is some confusion about Castaic. Where this shooting happened is up the Grapevine about 10-15 miles past the lake. Even though it's still considered Castaic it really isn't anywhere near it. We are all very familiar with Templin Hwy and the trailer park up in the area. As a resident and a 25+ year boater on Castaic I can assure you that Castaic is not "dangerous" Castaic even though is a small town at the bottom of the grapevine has multi-million dollar homes and is a very safe community. I'm one of those young men who have been in and around the lake past 2 am and I've seen nothing that would make me fearful of anything. No gangs no nothing. After knowing some more facts about this case I'm pretty sure he was not met with any foul play and especially at the lake. I will have more thoughts and a theory that just might make some sense. Dragz already knows my theory but I will post for other when I can get to a computer instead of my phone.

Anthony

Welcome! Looking forward to your first-hand insight and theories!:seeya:

I know. But respectfully, I'm not the one bringing politics up in the thread and when people make statements that are misleading, I respond. Brown may be the worst governor we have had in California. I don't know. But he is not responsible for the early release as he fought against it and I just kind of think we are getting far afield in this case when we are bringing up political issues to determine what happened to Bryce.

In any event, hopefully today will bring some more news and good news at that. It's odd- I did not feel hopeful about this case at first but when we learned that body wasn't Bryce's and they never found him, my feeling changed. I hope those feelings are right.

Maybe the family can do some things to get more publicity for Bruce and to make him known to all of us. That could help. It's crazy that so many people are unaware he is missing.

Oh and Riverking? Thanks for the local perspective and WELCOME to Websleuths!!! We are all Glad to have you here!

BBM I still feel like he is alive.

I am still so drawn to the Oregon sightings,especially in light of some of the sentiments Dragracerz shared. Depending on where he has been staying and what resources are available to him, his appearance may have DRASTICALLY changed by now.

My husband is involved now and has shared his flier within some communities he is involved with within the gaming world. Someone, somewhere has seen him... now, if they'll put two and two together...

@ dragracerz and/or @ caron, TIA:

Did BL have a flair for drama?
Was he known to do exaggerated/dramatic things to get attention?
Was he frequently short sighted in the thought process about consequences?

[And yes, I do mean more so than your average 19 year old!]

RE: BL's texts to and from SD

Every time I read those text exchanges, they just scream to me that BL had
a drastic change/plan in mind and that BL shared that change/plan with SD. JMO

I absolutely agree that SOMETHING significant happened to Bryce prior to that text to prompt that exchange.

"You saved my soul"....SD helped him get through something or did something for him.

I think we are missing a HUGE chunk of information on what occurred in those days leading up to his disappearance.

There is definitely more to his girlfriend taking away his keys. How was he acting? What was he saying? What was going on? How did he break up with her? (Was it a "hey let's take a break for awhile" or was it a "this is it forever" type of a thing.) That was the last place he was prior to his odd behavior in Buttonwillow. There is much more information there. MOO.

Looking forward to hearing some new and fresh theories on what happened to him at Castaic and where he might be.

Maybe the text were referring to his drug use?

Hi Guys - we are in thread 5 here, so I'm taking a short cut. Can anyone point me to the maps that you all might have pulled together for Bryce's travels? I've looked in the Media/timeline thread but I didn't see any that made their way up there.

Thanks!

Salem

Please! Let's keep politics out of this thread. How is this going to find Bryce?

And let's remember that Dragracerz is our main source of information. Let's try to not run him off. We have very little MSM at this point, and DRZ has been kind enough to check in with us and answer our questions. Let's give him every reason to want to come back and none to stay away.

Thanks.

I absolutely agree that SOMETHING significant happened to Bryce prior to that text to prompt that exchange.

"You saved my soul"....SD helped him get through something or did something for him.

I think we are missing a HUGE chunk of information on what occurred in those days leading up to his disappearance.

There is definitely more to his girlfriend taking away his keys. How was he acting? What was he saying? What was going on? How did he break up with her? (Was it a "hey let's take a break for awhile" or was it a "this is it forever" type of a thing.) That was the last place he was prior to his odd behavior in Buttonwillow. There is much more information there. MOO.

Looking forward to hearing some new and fresh theories on what happened to him at Castaic and where he might be.

I agree that the events leading up to BL leaving Chico could have a lot to do with his disappearance. If we knew what exactly (maybe not word for word but in general) it could provide us with a idea of his general state of mind. Supposedly LE cleared his friends including the roommate but we have nothing from LE on what was said in those interviews. Not sure the family does either. Dragracerz has had nothing to share on this either. Wish we had that info.

Hi Guys - we are in thread 5 here, so I'm taking a short cut. Can anyone point me to the maps that you all might have pulled together for Bryce's travels? I've looked in the Media/timeline thread but I didn't see any that made their way up there.

Thanks!

Salem

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Chico,+CA,+USA&daddr=Southbound+I-+5+Rest+Stop,+Buttonwillow,+California+93206+to:Lagoon+Drive,+Buttonwillow,+CA,+United+States+to:Lake+Hughes+Rd&hl=en&ll=34.514761,-118.591275&spn=0.024505,0.038409&sll=34.515079,-118.585396&sspn=0.024505,0.038409&geocode=FW41XgIdWui8-CmHZCP8jR-DgDE4RTp5j-uOMA%3BFTVvHAIdK7jh-Cm_z2aMrqzrgDFvRFX5wXTq_A%3BFRoxHAIdbibi-CmNUa7PIlPqgDG-exc9sNhj6Q%3BFWq0DgIdiV_u-A&oq=lake+hughes+Rd&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=3&sz=15&z=15

In a nut shell.

1. Left Chico area 11:30 Pm Wednesday night.
  2. Ran out of gas at Buttonwillow I5 South rest stop 9:00 AM Thursday morning.
  3. Hanging in the area of Buttonwillow 12:00 PM-12:00 AM
  4. 12:00 AM Friday Heading I5 South
  5. 2:08 AM - 5:00 AM Enters Antenna site off of Lake Hughes Dr. Car ends up on side, on Road below Antenna site.

They lock the gate to the lake but not the road to the gate. He was on the road leading to the gate.

His SUV ended up onto the small (unnamed on Google map) Ramp Road after rolling down the embankment from Lake Hughes Road at the tower and break in guardrail for access to the tower.

It appears from videos that he attempted to get in at both ramp road gates and when he could not, attempted egress at the break in the guardrail where the radio tower is.

There appears to be a wash with gravel near the bottom leading directly from the tower down the embankment to the Ramp Road.

The car went nose down from Lake Hughes Road and ended up rolling and ending up in the wash near or on the Ramp Road.

His announcement (to his mom, friends, etc.) that he was going to break up with his girlfriend seems very emotional to me. Something lead up to that pronouncement. Maybe he was losing it (his imagination/mental health) or he felt betrayed for some reason??? . . . don't know. Many times guys just stop contacting or answering calls/texts when they lose interest in a girlfriend. They don't make pronouncements to everyone. This leads me to believe he was very anguishedl about the situation.

JMO

His SUV ended up onto the small (unnamed on Google map) Ramp Road after rolling down the embankment from Lake Hughes Road at the tower and break in guardrail for access to the tower.

It appears from videos that he attempted to get in at both ramp road gates and when he could not, attempted egress at the break in the guardrail where the radio tower is.

There appears to be a wash with gravel near the bottom leading directly from the tower down the embankment to the Ramp Road.

The car went nose down from Lake Hughes Road and ended up rolling and ending up in the wash near or on the Ramp Road.

Trackergd, were you involved in the search and rescue at Castaic? Your above quote is not the exact way I understand it. Dragracerz said different looking for his post.

RBBM

Do you share my theory (based on the bold sentence) that Bryce attempted to get to the boat ramp by using this break in the guardrail and underestimated the grade of the slope or threw caution to the wind and went for it, and rolling the vehicle? If so, what in your opinion would have been the reason for circumnavigating the closed gates in an attempt to get to the boat ramp? I have a theory that was posted in the last thread.

And welcome to WS!

No I do not believe that at all. Actually I believe he went up there for pleasure and was there once before that's how he knew the spot. He just got in a little too deep tried to over correct and the SUV lost its center of gravity and then rolled.

I have a mind blowing nugget for you. There are pay phones in Castaic lake in the areas that Bryce could've been hanging around before the crash and if he walked down towards the ramp there are pay phones there. So what does that mean? I believe he called someone collect maybe even SD and had them do a call back on the # that shows up. I'm going to drive up there in a bit and test that theory.

I agree and I hope that friend is talking. We haven't heard much about it. There has to be some significance to those text and what happened before he left. I think the days before he left have more significance then the rest stop/buttonwillow.

His announcement (to his mom, friends, etc.) that he was going to break up with his girlfriend seems very emotional to me. Something lead up to that pronouncement. Maybe he was losing it (his imagination/mental health) or he felt betrayed for some reason??? . . . don't know. Many times guys just stop contacting or answering calls/texts when they lose interest in a girlfriend. They don't make pronouncements to everyone. This leads me to believe he was very anguishedl about the situation.

JMO

I agree, announcement to mom seemed "very emotional" and BL seemed to have been "very anguished about the situation" or something!

And, I've also wondered if "he felt betrayed for some reason" to have prompted the break up not once but twice and within two days. JMO

They lock the gate to the lake but not the road to the gate. He was on the road leading to the gate.

That would be impossible to do. That road is lake Hughes road and is a main road that leads to Antelope Valley. As you drive up the hill on Lake Hughes road there is a turn off to get to the small access road that is locked at night that leads to the launch ramp. There is noway to shut down Lake Hughes rd. I don't think the Google pics and maps really portray the area the right way. I feel that they are doing a disservice to this case and not providing accurate info about the lake and the area.

Trackergd, were you involved in the search and rescue at Castaic? Your above quote is not the exact way I understand it. Dragracerz said different looking for his post.

I was pretty careful about going back over all that was posted and looked at the Google view. There is only one tower at a break in the guardrail between the two ends of Main Ramp Road.

No, I was not there for the search. I am going by what was posted and the Google view.

I'm not sure about him but I've been up there. Bryce could not have turned onto Main ramp road from lake Hughes rd because there is a gate that is closed at night. Instead he drove up about 100 yards or so and pulled in between the gaurd rails to where the gates tower is. Whatever happened made the car roll down the hill and land on Main ramp road. Which is the road that would have let him down to the ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston