GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These two women had been in contact with MH "the same night" - I wonder if this was after he was "dropped home in a taxi at 12.30am"?

"An Oaks Hotel barmaid said she had been in contact with Huxley the same night but was unable to meet up with him because she was busy with university study.

Another woman who Huxley had been romantically linked with at the time said she had also been in contact with him the same night."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/huxleys-a...sources-say-20131012-2vf60.html#ixzz2iFP0oYhZ

"He was dropped home in a taxi at 12.30am, then wandered over the road to The Oaks Hotel for a beer, walking in there moments after 1am."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ty-call8217-link/story-fni0cx12-1226724417519

Respectfully snipped by me...

"An Oaks Hotel barmaid said she had been in contact with Huxley the same night but was unable to meet up with him because she was busy with university study.

I wonder if MH went to the pub because he thought the barmaid was working that night.

Towards the end of this video you can see a clear view of the Oaks Hotel on Military Road from a window of the Sydney Cooking School.

Syd Cooking School - YouTube

Good catch enzeder. At night it would be very easy to see into the pub from the school by the looks of things.

Screenshot below (from the vid)

Attachments

• VIEW FROM SCS.jpg
    VIEW FROM SCS.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 45
Good catch enzeder. At night it would be very easy to see into the pub from the school by the looks of things.

Screenshot below (from the vid)

That is a good view of the Oaks FigTree - I missed that particular view when watching the video. Thanks for the screenshot!.

(from the vid)

Amazing sleuthing Enzeder. Remember though MH was in the back bar which you can only see in to from Ben Boyd Rd (which is opened the latest) and here we are looking at the front bar on Military Rd. The Oaks is a big pub and has lots of sections.

The still and video shows that DJK could have easily seen MH walking along Military Rd to go to the Oaks at 1pm and also how close Stir Crazy (the Thai Restaurant DJK caught up to MH) is to the Oaks and the distance to the Watson St lights from the corner of the Oaks.

I reckon sarahlund's onto something, there, for sure - the timing's just too neat.. And now (thanks enzeder) we can see that DJK could well have had a very clear view of Morgan walking by on his way TO the Oaks that night, right around knock off time at the school.

Just like he had a very clear view of the back bar, from Grosvenor Lane..

(.. and all those food shops he liked to hang around in every day... )

I am now thinking, DJK may have watched Morgan go 'round the corner of the Oaks to the back bar (maybe Morgan crossed the lights right near there?) .. and then DJK left work, walked down Military, crossed the road at some point, went down the street past Vinnie's, round to Young St, and then up the Lane to get a good view into the pub from there, without being seen by anyone (or so he thunk..).

He would know what the view was from there -- being that he spent a great deal of time at that section of shops.

Wish I knew which way he went past Vinnie's. :\

I reckon sarahlund's onto something, there, for sure - the timing's just too neat.. And now (thanks enzeder) we can see that DJK could well have had a very clear view of Morgan walking by on his way TO the Oaks that night, right around knock off time at the school.

Just like he had a very clear view of the back bar, from Grosvenor Lane..

(.. and all those food shops he liked to hang around in every day... )

I am now thinking, DJK may have watched Morgan go 'round the corner of the Oaks to the back bar (maybe Morgan crossed the lights right near there?) .. and then DJK left work, walked down Military, crossed the road at some point, went down the street past Vinnie's, round to Young St, and then up the Lane to get a good view into the pub from there, without being seen by anyone (or so he thunk..).

He would know what the view was from there -- being that he spent a great deal of time at that section of shops.

Wish I knew which way he went past Vinnie's. :\

Me too Ausgirl. I had a wander, via Google :p, along Cheal Lane - (rear entrance to Cooking School) - When you get to the corner of Cheal Lane/Bydown Street and look directly ahead onto Military Road you'll see Vinnie's.

Cheal La/Bydown St Cnr
http://goo.gl/maps/HhEfL

Attachments

• Cheal to Grosvenor2.jpg
    Cheal to Grosvenor2.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 27
This sounds more and more (to me) like a deeply infatuated boy/man who waited around for Morgan fairly regularly. If there was an indication from Morgan (pacing/waiting/whatever) then DJK would catch up with him and spend some time with him. If there was no indication or if Morgan left the pub with friends .. then this deeply infatuated boy/man would go home disappointed.

I had always assumed Watson St was DJK’s way home, but since sarahlund suggested that the way home for him would be Ben Boyd Road, and also considering the footage of DJK in the laneway, the picture has altered (a little) for me.

Of course, there could be any number of other scenarios, but this is my current theory.

This sounds more and more (to me) like a deeply infatuated boy/man who waited around for Morgan fairly regularly. If there was an indication from Morgan (pacing/waiting/whatever) then DJK would catch up with him and spend some time with him. If there was no indication or if Morgan left the pub with friends .. then this deeply infatuated boy/man would go home disappointed.

I had always assumed Watson St was DJK’s way home, but since sarahlund suggested that the way home for him would be Ben Boyd Road, and also considering the footage of DJK in the laneway, the picture has altered (a little) for me.

Of course, there could be any number of other scenarios, but this is my current theory.

BBM

I agree SouthAussie - "deeply infatuated" imo.

From DJK's work Ben Boyd Road would appear to me to be the quickest route home to Spruson Street. Still puzzled as to why why DJK would be apparently seen over in Clark Road though?. Unless of course he was in Anderson Park for whatever reason?.

Ben Boyd Road to Spruson Street
http://goo.gl/maps/egrxE

"It is understood police have information that the killer fled towards the Clark Rd shops and a local park after leaving Mr Huxley bleeding to death on his bedroom floor."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...of-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226727243494

"A staff member at the Clark Rd newsagent said detectives were interested in all the vision from the night Mr Huxley was brutally murdered, sometime in the early hours of September 8.

“They wanted the footage from the whole night … they looked at it in my shop on the television, and then they took it away,” he said."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...of-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226727243494

I know Anderson Park was searched but what about that water at the bottom of the park?. Looks pretty deep to me.

Anderson Park Clark Rd. Kurraba Rd & Spruson St
http://goo.gl/maps/6sJN2

"The set of shops is in the same area where up to 30 public order and riot squad officers carried out an evidence search last week. It is across the road from Anderson Park where officers spent hours last Thursday scouring through bushes and in public rubbish bins.

Police would not comment on why they were focusing on the shops or that area of the upmarket north shore suburb, other than to say it was “part of the investigation”."

With more than a dozen women on the hop, including the two he contacted that night, I reckon it would have been a rare thing indeed for Morgan to have been alone on a weekend night..

So IMO DJK (who I agree probably was infatuated) saw an opportunity via a very drunk and very alone Morgan, in which to live out his pent up fantasies - and took it.

Only to be vastly disappointed, which made him very angry.

We’ll probably disagree about the nature of their time spent together till the cows come home Ausgirl, or at least till the matter goes to court.

But at least we’re agreeing on infatuation … that’s a start! :lol:

Then, to add to the confusion DJK was apparently seen outside a butcher shop in the Big Bear Shopping Centre on Military Road at 7.30am, later on, the same day. There's only one butcher shop in that complex - Naturally Organic Meat & Poultry - and it opens at 6.00am Monday through Sunday. The entrance to the Big Bear Shopping Centre is practically right at the lights that MH was waiting at when DJK caught up with him just a few hours earlier.

Naturally Organic Meat & Poultry - Big Bear Shopping Centre
https://www.google.co.nz/maps?q=Nat...utral+Bay&t=h&cbll=-33.829811,151.218282&z=17

"One local business owner said Mr Kelsall was seen at 7.30am the same day, outside a butcher shop in the Big Bear Shopping Centre on Military Road."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/stabbing-...l-says-boss-20131014-2vix7.html#ixzz2iLioDcuY

We’ll probably disagree about the nature of their time spent together till the cows come home Ausgirl, or at least till the matter goes to court.

But at least we’re agreeing on infatuation … that’s a start! :lol:

But.. but.. I want me a big ole :pillowfight2: !!!!!

For which I would not dream of charging Steely an admission fee, I promissse.

ps: :hug:

Then, to add to the confusion DJK was apparently seen outside a butcher shop in the Big Bear Shopping Centre on Military Road at 7.30am, later on, the same day.

enzeder, thank goodness for you and your linky awesome.

Bizarre, isn't it? I wonder if he even went home at all.. Or went home and then came all the way back a couple hours later. Maybe sneaking about, checking to see what sort of cop activity was happening in Watson St (which would be visible from there, I think? Outside the Bear centre, anyhow..)

Media Watch tonight had a go at the Daily Telegraph for their coverage of this case. In particular, the way in which they sensationalised Morgan's reputation as being a "Ladies man", "Cassanova" etc. Morgan's family made a statement to Media Watch that they have been very distressed by the way he's been depicted in the media. Media Watch also criticised the way DJK has been portrayed and the potential to bias a jury. It's probably on ABC iView if you want to watch.

enzeder, thank goodness for you and your linky awesome.

Bizarre, isn't it? I wonder if he even went home at all.. Or went home and then came all the way back a couple hours later. Maybe sneaking about, checking to see what sort of cop activity was happening in Watson St (which would be visible from there, I think? Outside the Bear centre, anyhow..)

Well, he was apparently seen down in the Clark Road area, which is quite close to where he lives in Spruson St, but whether he actually went home is another question. Change of clothes perhaps?. Oh yes, a perfect view of the Watson St area from front entrance of Big Bear. I'd say he'd be keeping his ear to the ground and his finger on the pulse so to speak. imo. How creepy!

HOW THE TELE TRASHED A VICTIM'S REPUTATION

The murder of 31 year old businessman Morgan Huxley has hogged the Tele’s front page for much of the last month.

Becoming more and more lurid as days pass by.

Huxley was found lying in the bedroom of his apartment on 8th September. He was naked from the waist down and had been stabbed more than a dozen times.

Yet despite the fury of the attack, the Telegraph was soon reporting that police suspected a woman had killed him.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s3873710.htm

Well, he was apparently seen down in the Clark Road area, which is quite close to where he lives in Spruson St, but whether he actually went home is another question. Change of clothes perhaps?. Oh yes, a perfect view of the Watson St area from front entrance of Big Bear. I'd say he'd be keeping his ear to the ground and his finger on the pulse so to speak. imo. How creepy!

Well, creepy's one word for it.

Just thinking about this.. he's seen lurking in a lane with a view of where Morgan is drinking .. seen chasing Morgan down the street to the lights... we know he probably then murdered Morgan (blood evidence is a pretty great indication of that) and then he's seen heading toward home.. and THEN he comes the heck BACK to get a jolly good butcher's (no pun intended) at the chaos he's caused.

With every fact that turns up, I see this less as a crime of passion and more something far colder and more calculated. Who comes back to watch the street? Really?

It's the sort of thing killers do when they kill to feed their brittle but massive egos. I even see him contacting police later on as an attempt to cleverly explain away any evidence he might have left behind rather than an act of remorse.

Only yeah.. getting rid of the glasses, satchel and trophy money woulda been good, too. :propeller:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back