Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ELO Soul
I agree with everything you said except the Wetterlings being "in" on the conspiracy against DR to further their Wetterling foundation. To me that is an outrageous statement. I think it is plausible the police and/or DR may be covering for someone they know but the Wetterlings have no knowledge of who did it and or why. They have been nothing but cooperative. The sheriffs dept have not been so cooperative.

Exactly. It is outrageous to think the Wetterlings would be in on the conspiracy, therefore I do not believe such a conspiracy exists.

However the statements that were made about LE and the Wetterlings, claiming they know the identity of the Perp, would imply that, if "C" were true.

Is there any chance that the perp did NOT intend to use Jacob in a sexual manner? Or does the fact that he asked their ages imply that it was pedophilia? What if he just wanted a boy that age to raise as his own ??

It's not really realistic that someone abducted Jacob to just raise him as his son. Would Jacob would be treated like a normal kid...go to school, play outside, hang out with friends? How would the abductor get an 11-year-old boy to be perfectly okay with never seeing his family again? There would have to be some kind of abuse to keep him compliant.

From what my experts and my Google skills tell me, this could either be a truck/trailer tire or more likely a non-aggressive agricultural tractor/farm tire pattern.

That sort of hexagonal pattern is not too common on auto tires.

What does that tell us?

Kevin's tracks were identified finally. They probably are not these tracks.

These are probably the tracks of a vehicle owned by the farm.

Yes, they did match Kevin's tires up with the tire tracks in the driveway, I remember reading that, not sure where link is at the moment. That does look like a strange wider tire track. I'll have to go back and view that video...

Yes, they did match Kevin's tires up with the tire tracks in the driveway, I remember reading that, not sure where link is at the moment. That does look like a strange wider tire track. I'll have to go back and view that video...

The tracks must be the key. That is why the tide turned and DR became a POI.

So, is he the one or is he a coconspirator.?

I saw that DR has run races in Canada, I wonder if he ever goes to foreign countries?

ELO Soul
I agree with everything you said except the Wetterlings being "in" on the conspiracy against DR to further their Wetterling foundation. To me that is an outrageous statement. I think it is plausible the police and/or DR may be covering for someone they know but the Wetterlings have no knowledge of who did it and or why. They have been nothing but cooperative. The sheriffs dept have not been so cooperative.

Jbrown324320....could you elaborate on your last sentence?

^^^ WOW!!! Great blog post from Joy, and great sleuthing on her part. I hope they can track down the 5 young men from 1987!!!!

The tracks must be the key. That is why the tide turned and DR became a POI.

So, is he the one or is he a coconspirator.?

Didn't the tracks only go 40 feet or so up the driveway? If it were a farm vehicle from DR's farm, I would think the path would have gone all the way up and around to the farm/house area....?

Didn't the tracks only go 40 feet or so up the driveway? If it were a farm vehicle from DR's farm, I would think the path would have gone all the way up and around to the farm/house area....?

Or to the barn/equipment storage area.

Didn't the Paynesville police keep records?

I am beyond astounded. It is beyond belief.

The ads, the pleas, the billboards. And the Paynesville police said nothing? Are you kidding me!

DAH was found from the pleas. Boys came forward. What 's up with this?

First Kevin. Now this. Who else has info they are sitting on and WHY?

Remember that we are talking about podunk police departments who did not (and in some cases still don't) share information.

The ads, the pleas, the billboards. And the Paynesville police said nothing? Are you kidding me!

Where did DAH perform his assults? Wasn't he the turkey farmer or whatnot who was assulting boys? Maybe it's the same guy? Didn't DAH have a bunch of charges against him and supposedly that's why they didn't charge him in Jared's case?

I'm confused. How many different perverted people could have been in this one general area at the same time?!

Remember we were talking about these 1987 incidents on here a few weeks ago. I'm anxious to see what developments come out of this possible break in the case!

^^^ WOW!!! Great blog post from Joy, and great sleuthing on her part. I hope they can track down the 5 young men from 1987!!!!

Where did DAH perform his assults? Wasn't he the turkey farmer or whatnot who was assulting boys? Maybe it's the same guy? Didn't DAH have a bunch of charges against him and supposedly that's why they didn't charge him in Jared's case?

I'm confused. How many different perverted people could have been in this one general area at the same time?!

He was a laborer on a turkey farm. I had remembered this from an article I had read years ago when it happened.

I remember because when DAH was announced, I thought finally it was going to be over. Then, it came out that he was not a suspect in Jacob's case. I only could remember that he was a laborer on a turkey farm and I believed it was in Paynesville. I searched for a couple of years using different terms.

Finally, JBrown found him! Maybe she would be kind enough to review any information that she has. I am unclear as to where the assaults took place.

Tracker, if you had been here during the time, I think you would find it more that astounding that the Paynesville LE did not respond.

I cannot tell you how much media, billboards, newspaper ads. The free shopper had an entire one page ad asking for help

From memory, DAH was discovered because a boy or perhaps it was a young man or even a man came forward and said he had been abused by DAH. From that revelation, it was found even more boys had been abused by DAH.

Why LE dismissed him I do not know.

It is hard to imagine that so many people kept the attacks under wraps. Because not only would LE know, but the community and those around them would know.

Someone posted above that there were 15,000 tips. I cannot believe in there that someone did not mention the attacks.

I am helping a friend who is trying to get some information on a robbery/murder of his relatives in a very wealthy town in California.

This was almost 50 years ago. It has not been solved. This was a tiny town with little crime back then.

I contacted the cold case detective and he told me it was still active. He could not give me any information.

My friend is concerned that his father may have been involved. The detective did tell me that they never considered the father a viable suspect.

Many of the involved people are dead, but yet he would not give out information. The family was very prominent so maybe that is why the reticence? Still, most are deceased.

I wonder if any info would be given to a citizen on Jacob's case?

Tracker with his credentials did not get a warm welcome

So, ELOC, you posted about this back on Aug. 22 on here. (link and post below) So did you give this info to Joy back then, and then she went searching through 1987 papers in Paynesville to find more info? I'm trying to understand the delay from August to October. You said in your post in August "let's not forget there were several boys assaulted in the Paynesville area in 1987" like it was common knowledge. Has this been posted about previously on this board? I think at the time we all assumed you were talking about DAH's numerous assaults.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215905&page=23

post 574 From ELOCsoul:

"Regarding the masked man - let's not forget there were several boys assaulted in the Paynesville area in 1987, by a man who either wore a mask or hid his face. This, in the Paynesville Press, 1/30/90:

So far, Hart has not been connected to the five different incidents of a man accosting Paynesville boys in 1987, Kleinhuizen said. The boys assaulted in those incidents ranged from 12 to 16 years of age. The man doing the accosting in those incidents was reported by Paynesville Police to be about 5' 10" tall, not fat, but chunky. He always wore dark or black clothing and none of the boys accosted were able to see the man's face. In some instances, the man wore a ski mask.

Remember that Duane Allen Hart's MO, that we know of, was less mysterious. He allegedly assaulted several boys repeatedly, and tended to lure them rather than abduct or surprise them.

Note also that the (physical) description of the 1987 perp is virtually identical to Jared's abductor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova