CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that my posts were helpful. I have to go to sleep and I have school and work tomorrow so I will log on again sometime soon when I have time. I appreciate all of your help to try and find Bryce. :tyou: I hope we find him soon because I really miss him. :(

Thank you so much for coming and talking to us, it's great to have so many things cleared up. There isn't much I can offer in the way of help as I'm in the UK, but I want you to know how far word of Bryce has spread and how many want to help and support you and Bryce's family.

Sleep well and I hope school/work are going as good as they can. :hug:

Continuining to pray and hope Bryce is found.

I agree with some others that it would be good to try and check with any Hospitals and any Phsychiatric faciliities even if they may have been checked with already. From past experience in trying to find just the basic information about a relative in a hospital, I found it extremely difficult to even get the hospitals to tell me if they were even admitted there. And that was with knowing the person's name and having a pretty good idea where they may have been admitted.

If Bryce was injured or confused due to a certain drug, he may not have been able to communicate his name, and then it may be extremely difficult to find out if he has been admitted anywhere. We have to remember it probably took awhile before he became listed as a missing person, so if he got admitted to a facility shortly after the accident, the facility may not have known anything about a person gone missing. He could have been and maybe still is a John Doe to them.

O/T---IMO, I dont think the intent of the HIPAA law was ever meant to stop honest family members from getting basic information about loved ones in hospitals, but it seems like too many times, that is exactly what is happening. It seems the HIPAA law is used as a general excuse to not answer the simplest of quesions from honest family members that can prove their relation and their honest motives when inquiring about loved ones. IMO, something needs to change because too many times it hinders honest relatives from getting basic critical needed information regarding loved ones.

From the Mayo Clinic website, the "less common" side effects of Vyvanse seem to connect with some behaviors Bryce was exhibiting:
Less common:
Crying
Depersonalization
Dry mouth
Dysphoria
Euphoria
Fever
Paranoia
Quick to react or overreact emotionally
Rapidly changing moods
Rash
Sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
In addition, it is recommended that one "stop using Vyvanse and call your doctor at once if you have: confusion, paranoia, unusual thoughts or behavior, hallucinations;" BBM

It sounds like a very bad effect from Vyvanse. But effects usually wear off once a person stops taking the drug. Bryce did take another dose on Wednesday, later in the day, is that correct. Do we know the strength of the dose? You can distinguish by the color of the pill:
Capsules 20 mg: ivory body/ivory cap (imprinted with S489 and 20 mg)
Capsules 30 mg: white body/orange cap (imprinted with S489 and 30 mg)
Capsules 40 mg: white body/blue green cap (imprinted with S489 and 40 mg)
Capsules 50 mg: white body/blue cap (imprinted with S489 and 50 mg)
Capsules 60 mg: aqua blue body/aqua blue cap (imprinted with S489 and 60 mg)
Capsules 70 mg: blue body/orange cap (imprinted with S489 and 70 mg)

Starting at 30 mg is recommended, then, dosage may be adjusted in increments of 10 mg or 20 mg at approximately weekly intervals up to maximum dose of 70 mg/day. . according to this medical site.
But what if these were 70 mg capsule, and someone took two, without having built up a tolerance?

Overdose symptoms may include restlessness, tremor, muscle twitches, rapid breathing, confusion, hallucinations, panic, aggressiveness, muscle pain or tenderness, muscle weakness, fever or flu symptoms, and dark colored urine. These symptoms may be followed by depression and tiredness. Other overdose symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, uneven heartbeats, feeling light-headed, fainting, seizure (convulsions), or coma.

Were any of those other symptoms of overdose apparent, beyond the change in behavior? And then there is the memory loss (which is a strange one - missing time). IMO there is a clue in the "loss of memory of break up" that occurred. I haven't found any literature about Vyvanse that describes lost time. Maybe something else caused that, another chemical in the system? Someone slipped him something? So scared for Bryce, and praying for peace and strength for you Kslyfoxy and for all of the family.

From the Mayo Clinic website, the "less common" side effects of Vyvanse seem to connect with some behaviors Bryce was exhibiting:
Less common:
Crying
Depersonalization
Dry mouth
Dysphoria
Euphoria
Fever
Paranoia
Quick to react or overreact emotionally
Rapidly changing moods
Rash
Sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
In addition, it is recommended that one "stop using Vyvanse and call your doctor at once if you have: confusion, paranoia, unusual thoughts or behavior, hallucinations;" BBM

It sounds like a very bad effect from Vyvanse. But effects usually wear off once a person stops taking the drug. Bryce did take another dose on Wednesday, later in the day, is that correct. Do we know the strength of the dose? You can distinguish by the color of the pill:
Capsules 20 mg: ivory body/ivory cap (imprinted with S489 and 20 mg)
Capsules 30 mg: white body/orange cap (imprinted with S489 and 30 mg)
Capsules 40 mg: white body/blue green cap (imprinted with S489 and 40 mg)
Capsules 50 mg: white body/blue cap (imprinted with S489 and 50 mg)
Capsules 60 mg: aqua blue body/aqua blue cap (imprinted with S489 and 60 mg)
Capsules 70 mg: blue body/orange cap (imprinted with S489 and 70 mg)

Starting at 30 mg is recommended, then, dosage may be adjusted in increments of 10 mg or 20 mg at approximately weekly intervals up to maximum dose of 70 mg/day. . according to this medical site.
But what if these were 70 mg capsule, and someone took two, without having built up a tolerance?

Overdose symptoms may include restlessness, tremor, muscle twitches, rapid breathing, confusion, hallucinations, panic, aggressiveness, muscle pain or tenderness, muscle weakness, fever or flu symptoms, and dark colored urine. These symptoms may be followed by depression and tiredness. Other overdose symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, uneven heartbeats, feeling light-headed, fainting, seizure (convulsions), or coma.

Were any of those other symptoms of overdose apparent, beyond the change in behavior? And then there is the memory loss (which is a strange one - missing time). IMO there is a clue in the "loss of memory of break up" that occurred. I haven't found any literature about Vyvanse that describes lost time. Maybe something else caused that, another chemical in the system? Someone slipped him something? So scared for Bryce, and praying for peace and strength for you Kslyfoxy and for all of the family.

You also have to remember Bryce was not prescribed these by a physician. A whole different ball game. If you truly have ADD or ADHD it will help you focus and be calm. For others without ADD or ADHD it can have adverse side effects making you more manic, moody, with racing thoughts etc...........depending on how many he actually may had taken. It would be similar to taking speed, cocaine or crystal meth, or lots of caffeine. Mixed with red bull can be very bad which speeds up your heart. Had he had any Alcohol too? mixed with alcohol can make side affects much worse as well.

Everybody's brain is different this is why you need to be monitored by a Dr when taking RX drugs to adjust medication if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know everyone wants to know what happened about the break up and the last time I saw Bryce. This is obviously a difficult thing for me to talk about and I do not feel comfortable giving more details as to what his strange behavior involved, so just please know that he was not acting like himself and that’s all that I really want to say at this point.

At the time of Bryce's disappearance, everything with Bryce and I had been perfect and we had just spent the few weeks since he had moved back up North spending every moment together being so happy. The Tuesday morning before his disappearance he called me and told me he had taken Vyvanse and he didn't sound like himself and broke up with me out of the blue without really giving any explanation why. I drove to his apartment to see him later that day to find out what was going on, and he was acting very strange again and still said he wanted to break up and I was confused so I left and went to my friend's house nearby. He later showed up at my friend's house saying he wanted me back. He was acting more unlike himself than before. I went with him back to his apartment and stayed the night and when I woke up the next morning (Wednesday) he was acting better and didn't remember breaking up with me. I was concerned about all of this but went back to Chico because I had class. I talked to Bryce a few times during the day and he told me he loved me and he wanted to be together forever and was even talking about marrying me. Later that day I called him again and asked what he was doing and he said he was sitting outside my apartment in Chico. I went outside to meet him and he said he was breaking up with me again. When I questioned him as to what was going on he said that he had taken Vyvanse and I could tell by his eyes that this was true. I asked him for his keys because I didn't think he should be driving based on the way he was acting and the fact that he told me he had taken the Vyvanse which I could tell by his eyes. He handed the keys over to me and I called Sean (his roommate ) and told him what was happening because he had been there the night before when Bryce was acting strange and we agreed we should call his mom. Long story short, his mom thought he was ok to drive so my roommate and I gave him back the keys. He said good bye to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and drove away. That was the last time that I saw him.

Sounds like this drug didn't last that long - ?? Unfortunately he took that second one and started to "act strange" again. I'm wondering if his 12 hours in Buttonwillow was to "come down" from the drug. And as he was already that far south might as well continue to his parents house - ?? and couldn't drive anymore as he was getting sleepy and pulled over in Castaic area to sleep a few hours - when he talked to his mom at 2:08am - just thinking out loud.

I hope that my posts were helpful. I have to go to sleep and I have school and work tomorrow so I will log on again sometime soon when I have time. I appreciate all of your help to try and find Bryce. :tyou: I hope we find him soon because I really miss him. :(

Thank you so much, kslyfoxy for coming here and giving us some more insight into Bryce. Look forward to your posting later today! Hope you can keep your mind on your school and work! Websleuths has some GREAT people here and we are all here to try and help FIND BRYCE!! And we are very "nosy"! LOL!

Your posts were so helpful. I just want you to know how much my thoughts are with you. My husband committed suicide 2 years ago. I am so very hopeful that your story ends differently, but I can so relate to what you are going through right now even though it is different. How this person who you thought you would be together with forever and have a family with is just suddenly gone and you don't understand what was going through his head and why. My heart breaks for you. I go and hike by Castaic every week looking for him or some kind of clue. I just want him home for his loved ones. So much love and support to you. Please take care of yourself. <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi tamrabbit! re bold - have to checked around where he was last at per the dogs? by the parking lots? And thank you for doing this!
:seeya:

Hi tamrabbit! re bold - have you checked around where he was last at per the dogs? by the parking lots? And thank you for doing this!
:seeya:

Yes I checked on the north side of the lake near the exit and all the parking lots and a bunch of trails over there too. I didn't see anything, but I'm glad to check it out again. There was a weird mound of dirt that seemed out of place over there on the side of the parking lot on the way to the exit that I would like to go back and check out.

Yes I checked on the north side of the lake near the exit and all the parking lots and a bunch of trails over there too. I didn't see anything, but I'm glad to check it out again. There was a weird mound of dirt that seemed out of place over there on the side of the parking lot on the way to the exit that I would like to go back and check out.

Hello Tamrabbit. I have a question if you happen to know.

I believe the water in that lake is fairly clear from what I remember reading. From where the vehicle was wrecked and heading straight down to the water where the 1st SAR dog supposedly tracked him, can you visually tell how steep the water slopes out?

Like can you see into the water and see if the water gets real deep really fast? I know you probably dont want to carry a fishing pole the next time you are there, but one really quick way to tell how steep a slope of the water is would be tying on a heavy sinker and casting out and watching when the sinker finally hits the bottom, you can then look at your line and if the line is angled severely downwards, that would mean it is very steep slope.

I dont mean to task you with this or anything, but even without a fishing pole, if you had a long ball of string and a heavy sinker, you could almost do the same thing if you could throw the sinker out and kept hold of the other end. You would want to get the sinker out at least 20-30 yards if you could to get a better idea of the slope and then hold your end up as high as you could to look at the line angle. Once it stopped and you check the angle, you could even slowly retrieve it and you may be able to tell where it drops off the fastest and how far out the drop off is if there is one.

Ive been so curious how steep that water slope is right at the spot of the vehicle area. From the Topo map, that area just seems really steep, but it is hard to tell.

Ive been on certain lakes where only 20 feet out from bank, it had already dropped to like 20 feet deep. And from the bank, you would have never guessed it was that steep a slope. So just curious if the slope was considered a steep sloped lake at that area.

ksly, what do you think happened to Bryce? You don't have to tell us why or risk not honoring his parents wishes, or give us any insider information, or wait to be a verified insider. I'm interesting IN YOUR OPINION as to what you think happened.

Do you feel comfortable sharing that with us??? TIA.

What happened to Bryce? That is the question that no one knows the answer to except for Bryce. As far as my opinion goes I can honestly say I have no idea. I was the closest person to Bryce and I definitely knew him the best and I have spent hours and hours of my life speculating about it and thinking about every possible scenario. I can only imagine 3 outcomes(in no particular order)-- he is in some kind of medical place, he is hiding, or he is dead.

First option is he could be in a medical place. If he is, he could be there because of amnesia or being held under a 5150 like AmandaFast has mentioned. I feel like it is possible that he might have checked himself into a rehab place or something like that. Bryce was NOT a drug addict, but his reactions to the Vyvanse might have scared him and he might have gone there seeking help. These places are confidential and HIPPA laws might prevent anyone from telling his family unless he gave permission. But it has now been over 2 months and that's a long time to be in a medical place somewhere, so I don't know.

Second option is he could be hiding. One of Bryce's best qualities is that he makes friends easily. Almost everyone who has met Bryce has instantly liked him and he has many many friends. He could have befriended homeless people and might be surviving with them, and as many people have said on here the homeless people tend to stick together and take care of each other. Or he could be staying with someone who is hiding him. It seems strange that Bryce would give up his life to live this kind of life, but maybe Bryce wanted a break from reality. I know that everyone feels that urge to escape sometimes, and maybe after he took the Vyvanse he decided to do that. If he hiding I think he is probably very embarrassed and thinks that everyone is mad at him for taking the Vyvanse and crashing the car. This is not the case at all because we all love him unconditionally, but I can understand how he would be afraid to face everyone after that. Personally I think that if Bryce is hiding, he is waiting for the hype of his disappearance to die down before he returns. Right now the Find Bryce Facebook page has over 13,000 likes, so if Bryce comes back now he has to explain to over 13,000 people where he has been and what he has been doing. That's extremely intimidating. Everyone is saying "how could he do this to his family/gf/friends, and put them all through this if he is just hiding?" Sometimes we don't realize how much our lives impact those around us and he might not think that disappearing would cause that much of a problem. Has anyone seen the movie "It's a Wonderful Life"? The main character thought everyone would be better off without him and it wasn't until the angel showed him what life was like without him that he realized how many people he affected.

The last option is that Bryce is dead. This is obviously the most horrible outcome and I pray every day that this is not the case. I personally think that this is the least likely outcome. I very much think Bryce is alive and NO this is not because I am in some kind of denial or because I am naive because believe me I have seen more than my fair share of proof that the world isn't fair and bad things happen. I saw this happen with my mother and my friend Linnea Lomax who both killed themselves so I know that this is a possibility. But I know Bryce better than anyone else and he and I were the closest people to each other. I do not believe at all that Bryce was suicidal and I do not think he would have killed or harmed himself. I do not think that the car crash was an attempt at suicide because there were far steeper places where Bryce could have crashed the car if he really was trying to die. Bryce was in fantastic physical shape so I think that he walked away from that car accident ok. As I said before, Bryce could run 7 miles without stopping and lift incredibly heavy weights so I think he could survive a car crash.
I know that the "foul play" option is also possible and someone could have tried to kill Bryce. I sincerely hope that this is not the case, and I honestly don't know of any enemies that Bryce had. Like I said, Bryce was liked by almost everyone he met, so he would have had to do something pretty bad in order to make someone want to kill him. But he was acting strangely so I guess anything is possible.

In the end I honestly don't know where Bryce is. These are just my ideas, but ultimately anything is possible.

@ kslyfoxy

Like everyone else here, I also want to thank you for your valuable insight to finding Bryce. I must say I'm awestruck at how you present yourself and your thoughts at this most difficult time. I simply want to say you are an inspiration and Bryce is very lucky to have you and his family fighting to find him day and night. Hugs to you!!!

Girl, can I just say if I didn't know better I would think you are much older than you actually are. You are wise beyond your years and very insightful. Once again, thank you for sharing this with us.

IMO the second scenario you laid out is very probable and I too feel like he's not going to want to come back until things die down a bit. I just hope this happens sooner rather than later.

What happened to Bryce? That is the question that no one knows the answer to except for Bryce. As far as my opinion goes I can honestly say I have no idea. I was the closest person to Bryce and I definitely knew him the best and I have spent hours and hours of my life speculating about it and thinking about every possible scenario. I can only imagine 3 outcomes(in no particular order)-- he is in some kind of medical place, he is hiding, or he is dead.

First option is he could be in a medical place. If he is, he could be there because of amnesia or being held under a 5150 like AmandaFast has mentioned. I feel like it is possible that he might have checked himself into a rehab place or something like that. Bryce was NOT a drug addict, but his reactions to the Vyvanse might have scared him and he might have gone there seeking help. These places are confidential and HIPPA laws might prevent anyone from telling his family unless he gave permission. But it has now been over 2 months and that's a long time to be in a medical place somewhere, so I don't know.

Second option is he could be hiding. One of Bryce's best qualities is that he makes friends easily. Almost everyone who has met Bryce has instantly liked him and he has many many friends. He could have befriended homeless people and might be surviving with them, and as many people have said on here the homeless people tend to stick together and take care of each other. Or he could be staying with someone who is hiding him. It seems strange that Bryce would give up his life to live this kind of life, but maybe Bryce wanted a break from reality. I know that everyone feels that urge to escape sometimes, and maybe after he took the Vyvanse he decided to do that. If he hiding I think he is probably very embarrassed and thinks that everyone is mad at him for taking the Vyvanse and crashing the car. This is not the case at all because we all love him unconditionally, but I can understand how he would be afraid to face everyone after that. Personally I think that if Bryce is hiding, he is waiting for the hype of his disappearance to die down before he returns. Right now the Find Bryce Facebook page has over 13,000 likes, so if Bryce comes back now he has to explain to over 13,000 people where he has been and what he has been doing. That's extremely intimidating. Everyone is saying "how could he do this to his family/gf/friends, and put them all through this if he is just hiding?" Sometimes we don't realize how much our lives impact those around us and he might not think that disappearing would cause that much of a problem. Has anyone seen the movie "It's a Wonderful Life"? The main character thought everyone would be better off without him and it wasn't until the angel showed him what life was like without him that he realized how many people he affected.

The last option is that Bryce is dead. This is obviously the most horrible outcome and I pray every day that this is not the case. I personally think that this is the least likely outcome. I very much think Bryce is alive and NO this is not because I am in some kind of denial or because I am naive because believe me I have seen more than my fair share of proof that the world isn't fair and bad things happen. I saw this happen with my mother and my friend Linnea Lomax who both killed themselves so I know that this is a possibility. But I know Bryce better than anyone else and he and I were the closest people to each other. I do not believe at all that Bryce was suicidal and I do not think he would have killed or harmed himself. I do not think that the car crash was an attempt at suicide because there were far steeper places where Bryce could have crashed the car if he really was trying to die. Bryce was in fantastic physical shape so I think that he walked away from that car accident ok. As I said before, Bryce could run 7 miles without stopping and lift incredibly heavy weights so I think he could survive a car crash.
I know that the "foul play" option is also possible and someone could have tried to kill Bryce. I sincerely hope that this is not the case, and I honestly don't know of any enemies that Bryce had. Like I said, Bryce was liked by almost everyone he met, so he would have had to do something pretty bad in order to make someone want to kill him. But he was acting strangely so I guess anything is possible.

In the end I honestly don't know where Bryce is. These are just my ideas, but ultimately anything is possible.

@ kslyfoxy

Like everyone else here, I also want to thank you for your valuable insight to finding Bryce. I must say I'm awestruck at how you present yourself and your thoughts at this most difficult time. I simply want to say you are an inspiration and Bryce is very lucky to have you and his family fighting to find him day and night. Hugs to you!!!

Totally agree. We all sincerely hope Bryce can be found soon. You both sound like amazing people that anyone would be glad to meet.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm going to pray for you tonight you have been through so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I echo what WhiteOrchids said.

The grace with which you are handling everything is remarkable, and I will continue to pray for strength for you.

Bryce has a tremendous blessing in you and all you're doing to try to help bring him home!

Bryce is very unlucky to be among the missing, but very, very lucky in the people he has speaking on his behalf. If only all our missing people had such eloquent, graceful people to speak out for them - I am sure many more would be found.

So, so, so true!

When Amanda went to Buttonwillow, she said that someone told her that Bryce had been seen talking with another person (homeless??) - I wonder if the police can't follow up on that and find the kid he was talking to, to get some clues on 'where' he might be!

Was there a search this last weekend, Nov 2&3?

If so, results? TIA

@kslyfoxy

I hope you had a good day at school. I know it's hard right now but time heals.

You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day today. Since you have signed on you have become like a real person who is a victim of this too. I think we get so wrapped up in finding the victims we sometimes forget the pain of the loved ones who are the victims too. I'm sorry for this.

I was wondering how you feel the investigation with LE is going? Are you happy with the job they are doing or do you feel they aren't doing enough? Are they actively communicating with the family? Did they ever get the AT&T cell phone records?

Thank you, sorry for so many questions.

Kim..you are such an amazing person!!! Bryce is lucky to have you in his life :) thank you so very much for being so open and brave for sharing! Stay strong!

@kslyfoxy - Did you and Bryce talk much about Linnea's case? TIA

Kim, you don't know how much I appreciate you answering this question. I know it had to be hard. Because you are the closest one to him, it's important to know what you think he's capable of. You have answered eloquently and with class and grace.

You are where I am in this. I don't think Bryce committed suicide, I don't think Bryce is dead.

Like you, I think one of the other two options. I don't believe he crashed the SUV intentionally. I think that was an accident.

I have also thought about a rehab. Usually, when someone checks themselves into an in patient rehab, they are in lock down for 30 days, then they are allowed privileges, like phone calls, and day trips. It depends on the type of rehab.

I also believe that he is embarrassed and that's the reason he's staying away. He doesn't know how to come back without an embarrasing fuss. He really doesn't owe any of us an explanation for his absence, just his parents, you and LE. Maybe he doesn't realize that. I've been on enough cases here to know that several times, after the missing are found, we never know why they left to start with or what they were doing while they were gone. That comes with the territory, we are not entitled to explanations.

As someone else has asked, if there is anything we can do for you, for Bryce's family, please let us know. I'm in So. Cal. I live in Los Angeles County at the other end of it. Not too far.

Take care Kim. We do care, we really do. I don't think you are in denial about anything, you are a girlfriend who is looking for your lost love.

@kslyfox - It might seem redundant, but Kim..you are a phenomenally graceful, insightful, and poised young lady. Bryce is so, so very lucky to have a woman like you in his life. I'm only about 3 years older than you and I don't think I could be anywhere near as calm and collected as you're being if I was in your situation. You seem to think like a lot of us here. You're very optimistic, although realistic and not naive at all..I think that's the best way to be given your difficult situation.

Most cases don't have me feeling very optimistic, but something about Bryce..I don't know what it is..but something about this case just really makes me feel deep down inside that he is alive somewhere. We can only all hope this is the case! Just know that you're heavily on all of our minds and in all of our thoughts here at WS. And wherever Bryce is, he's thinking about you and still loves you, I'm sure of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone