NY NY - Cynthia Constantine, 15, Oakdale, 11 July 1969

OggLurker

Reaction score
CDConstantine.jpg

Cynthia Dawn Constantine

Endangered Missing from Oakdale, New York since July 11, 1969

Age: 15 -- Height: 5'3" -- Weight: 117 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Blue

Cynthia has a mole on her throat and a discolored front tooth. She may wear eyeglasses.

Cynthia was last seen in Oakdale, New York on July 11, 1969. She took her dog for a walk along the railroad tracks. The dog later returned home without her. She has never been heard from again.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2193dfny.html

--------------------------------------

I took the above information from a profile featured on this site.

This case has a special place in my heart because I know the area she was last seen in very well. Apparently she left home and headed west on the Montauk branch train tracks of the LIRR. She was last seen near the Montauk Highway overpass. Back in 1969 this area was undeveloped but not quite rural.

I believe her brother (who's name I don't know) is still looking for her.

I came across her case by chance. Almost 20 years ago a friend of mine was approached by a transient in the area of Cynthia's disappearance and was told how back in the early 70's (1969 isn't too far off) a young girl had been abducted and murdered, left in the woods and never found. For 20 years my friend sat on this story, thinking it to be the rambling of a homeless man (which it may be) but what if it wasn't?

Does anyone know anything further about this case?

Not a problem SWMNBN,

I haven't had much luck finding out anything further that what is already on the various MP sites. I will be taking a trip to my local library to go through their microfilm collection to gather any newspaper articles that may have been written. This should have been a big story locally when it happened.

I am also going to be going back to the location she was last seen and post some photographs from the area.

I am a local Licensed Private Investigator. several years ago a friend mentioned this case to me but shortly after (1988) left the state and I wasn't able to reconnect with him until 2009. The case was always on my mind and in 2008~2009 I couldn't stop thinking about it. When I finally re established communication with my friend he's aid that he was also thinking about this case constantly. He was a local and filled me in on the whole cast of characters, including who he thought committed the crime concerning this girl. I spoke to some of her near peers so to speak. I interviewed people who were geographically near the railroad tracks and came up with a person of interest who had not only a place of business o trace. very near where th abduction may have happened but also of being a sexual predator and part of an illegal (at the time) abortion ring. A person who purchased the building formerly ownedprove anything by my person of interest had found abortion tools and *advertiser censored* hidden in the walls! This person moved to MEXICO and was difficult to trace howevere last October, and here comes the tragic part,caught up with him THE DAY OF HIS FUNERAL...I knew of course that I couldn't prove anything 31 years later but I just wanted to have the pleasure of alluding to the Constantine girl and seeing his reaction. I will not name this for obvious reasons. He actually may be innocent and out of respect to his family I never will. I do get some satisfaction however to know that if there is a hell he's burning in it

Emailed this possible but unlikely match in to the Suffolk County PD, so much of it fits, but then again some doesn't. Would be interested to know what you think:

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on April 2, 1978 in East Islip, Suffolk County, New York .
Estimated Date of Death: 1968-1975.
State of Remains: Skeletal.
Cause and Manner of Death: Homicide.
Vital Statistics

Estimated Age: 15-23 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" to 5'8" and unknown weight.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown hair and eye color.
Clothing: A woman's clog shoe was located nearby. It may or may not be related to the decedent.
Jewelry: A gold ring with the initials DEC was found nearby. It may or may not be related to the decedent.
Medical: Probable well healed fracture of the right clavicle (collar bone).
Dentals: Available. Ten teeth with amalgams. Impaction of maxillary right third molar.
DNA: Not available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
Case History
The victim was found in a grave on a sandy beach in Heckscher State Park in East Islip, New York, on April 2, 1978.

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2403.html

I was a friend of Cynthia's. We were in the same class at Connetquot HS and took the same bus. Her parents owned the bike shop in town, opposite the Oakdale train tracks. Her brother's name is William. The body that was found at Hecksher in 1978 was not Cynthia's, although the community had hoped it would be for the sake of closure for the family. Oddly, if I remember correctly, the body turned out to be that of Dean Martin's niece.

I was a friend of Cynthia's. We were in the same class at Connetquot HS and took the same bus. Her parents owned the bike shop in town, opposite the Oakdale train tracks. Her brother's name is William. The body that was found at Hecksher in 1978 was not Cynthia's, although the community had hoped it would be for the sake of closure for the family. Oddly, if I remember correctly, the body turned out to be that of Dean Martin's niece.

Thank you so much for sharing. Does the family still live in Oakdale? Have you kept in touch with any of them? I wonder if her brother William would ever come to websleuths.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

u don't mention what you think happened to her. As a friend did you or do you have any idea what happened to her? If foul play you have any idea who and why?

not crazy----she does look a little like Jodie Foster----------was the LIRR an active line where Cynthia was walking??????? Maybe someone on the train saw something???
What about people her folks came in contact with at their shop ? Anyone unusual, was there maybe a BBQ, parade or party for July 4th ? Maybe Cynthia met someone there and that individual "knew" where to find her outside of her home ?

re: her eye-glasses........what was her scrip ? Would she have been able to see well without them ?

Such a sad case-wasn't there something similar that happened in Baltimore?

I also grew up in this area, although this case happened before my time. I'm confused on something, Cynthia's friend mentioned that the body found at heckscher park wasn't Cynthia but may have been Dean Martin's niece.

However, the case is still listed as an unidentified person, and there's no mention of Cynthia being ruled out, only Sylvia Lwowski. Sallust submitted Cynthia as a possible match but it doesn't look like she got a response. It doesn't seem likely to be Cynthia, as the UID had a healed clavicle fracture and there's no mention of Cynthia having had one but I think it's worth a shot to compare.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back