MI MI - Patricia Spencer, 16, & Pamela Hobley, 15, Oscoda, 31 Oct 1969

Is it possible the two girls were going to the same area and hooked up to hitchhike together, safety in numbers.

That would explain why they may have been traveling together even though they didn't really know each other.

If picked up hitchhiking, anything could have happened. And it wouldn't have mattered if they were last on the road east of school or at the gas station.

Before I read about them possibly being dropped off at a gas station, I was wondering if they were out on some lonely road, that they may have just been hit by car where the driver panicked and got rid of the evidence.

I was just talking with my aunt from MI today, and she brought up this story. She was in school (same class) with these girls. According to her, they were friends and she forged a note for them to get out of school early. According to her, they were going to party before meeting up with Pam's boyfriend... supposedly he was going to propose? He was going into the military or was in the military.

I will say IMO, I was shocked to find this story on WS when she started talking about it.

I was just talking with my aunt from MI today, and she brought up this story. She was in school (same class) with these girls. According to her, they were friends and she forged a note for them to get out of school early. According to her, they were going to party before meeting up with Pam's boyfriend... supposedly he was going to propose? He was going into the military or was in the military.

I will say IMO, I was shocked to find this story on WS when she started talking about it.

Does your aunt have any idea where they were going to party or if anyone else was meeting them?

In light of these revelations. Is there any possibility that http://doenetwork.org/cases/404ufor.html could be one of the girls.. Time frame, plaid,(faded or otherwise) thick shoes,. It could be either girl..Tried to see if they have been ruled out, and I do not see them on the list..
Maybe that is why she has never been ID . When we think of the girls we assume they will be found together.

I just started following this thread closely. I had a feeling they were friends or were working on becoming friends. Skipping school/leaving school early can be a good way to get to know an acquaintance.

Nevertheless, they were friends. This clears it up. Thanks.

Okay, so the boyfriend... who was he? Any other students or anyone from Pam's family meet him?

I just started following this thread closely. I had a feeling they were friends or were working on becoming friends. Skipping school/leaving school early can be a good way to get to know an acquaintance.

Nevertheless, they were friends. This clears it up. Thanks.

Okay, so the boyfriend... who was he? Any other students or anyone from Pam's family meet him?
this pam sister and yes we knew the boyfriend

I think the reference is to what the sheriff did back in '11, hiring equipment to dig through a dilapidated barn in the region. Longstanding, persistent rumors said the girls had been buried there. From Page One, post 7:

WILBER TWP. – For more than four decades, a story has persisted that two missing Oscoda teenagers were buried in a Wilber
Township barn. There have been many variations over the years, including the location of the barn. Oscoda Township Police Chief Mark David said he recalls hearing the story as a teen and, later, as a new police officer. He took action last week after locating a tip in the file on the girls’ disappearance...

Does your aunt have any idea where they were going to party or if anyone else was meeting them?
Just saw this... I don't know but I should see her this weekend and will ask. Like I said, I found this thread after she was telling me the story. So, I haven't asked her any questions since reading here. I will see what else I can find out.

Does anyone know what leg Patricia's dog bite was on? I read she had one in one of the news articles.

Also, and much less likely, what blood type Patricia was?

This case reminds me of those 2 girls that went missing from S Dakota and were later found to have drowned in a car.

Articles today in the Daily Mail, on CBS and other media outlets

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anished-way-Halloween-party-45-years-ago.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hallowe...ho-vanished-from-oscoda-michigan-45-years-ago

"Initially, the girls were last reported seen walking away from Oscoda High School. In May of 2013, however, a witness came forward saying he picked up the girls as they were walking along River Road, which runs alongside the Au Sable River, and dropped the two off in downtown Oscoda. The man said he came forward to police with the information years ago.

Chief David has other information to indicate the girls were seen downtown that day. He doesn't believe the man who came forward is involved, he says, nor does he believe Pamela's boyfriend had anything to do with the disappearances."

Someone out there knows what happened to these girls.

I'm the same age, those were fun times. These girls and their loved ones should have been able to enjoy their lives and good times together for years to come.

Great work by the families and local LE in keeping their story alive.

I just came here from all the publicity this has got being Halloween. I was originally going to ask if they were friends, but that seems to have been clarified in the comments. Did your aunt ever tell you more information? Has she spoked to the police?
I also dont think the guy who picked them up and dropped them off had anything to do with it, because WHY come forward, he never would have been caught so he had no reason to not come forward if he was truthful, plus wasnt there sightings of them around the place he dropped them off
Im guessing they were trying to hitchhike back and the wrong person stopped and kidnapped them. OR they met up with someone they planned to but he had ulterior motives and killed them.

I just came here from all the publicity this has got being Halloween. I was originally going to ask if they were friends, but that seems to have been clarified in the comments. Did your aunt ever tell you more information? Has she spoked to the police?
I also dont think the guy who picked them up and dropped them off had anything to do with it, because WHY come forward, he never would have been caught so he had no reason to not come forward if he was truthful, plus wasnt there sightings of them around the place he dropped them off
Im guessing they were trying to hitchhike back and the wrong person stopped and kidnapped them. OR they met up with someone they planned to but he had ulterior motives and killed them.
I did put my aunt in touch with the investigator on this case. I think she might have given them some additional information. She gave me a detail about them meeting up with someone specifically and a pretty specific description of one of them. We'll see if it helps. Praying these families get some closure.

Just found this case, bumping. Surprised to see several guests visiting this thread right now too!

I did put my aunt in touch with the investigator on this case. I think she might have given them some additional information. She gave me a detail about them meeting up with someone specifically and a pretty specific description of one of them. We'll see if it helps. Praying these families get some closure.
That sounds like an intriguing lead. Do you have any more details to share?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back