CA CA - Mark Wilson, 13, Quincy, 4 Nov 1967

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
I am starting a thread for Mark. I know he is a long shot, but I have submitted him to the local LE and they are looking into it. I received an email from the detective this morning that says they are still looking at the DNA and doing some research. If the detective gives me permission I will post his entire update.

I have trouble keeping up with Mark because he doesn't have a thread and I always have to go find him :crazy:

I will try to move the previous posts to this thread if I can figure out how :confused:

Salem

"I have sent an email to NCMEC regarding Mark. Basically, I asked if Mark had DNA in the database and if so, when it was entered.

<modsnip> As Mark went missing in 1967, any DNA will be from his mother or siblings, so not an exact match. <modsnip>?

AND - I called the Plumas Co. Sheriff's Office to check on the status of Mark's DNA. The detective is going to look into it and email me about what he finds. <modsnip>.

I am sorry to have taken so long to get up the nerve to get this done. All is owed to Christine - who gives me confidence :)

Thanks,

Salem"

<modsnip>

What a sad and tragic situation. Has LE detailed the theater that Mark was supposed to go to? The movie he went to see? Did he meet up with friends or leave alone? Any unusual behaviors in the days, weeks, months, before his disappearance? What kind of student was he? Sociable or withdrawn? Any behavior issues, or personality assessments? All of these things could help!

Never give up hope! Thank you for posting about Mark's case!

Satch

I should contact LE again. The last time I talked with them, they did not seem very willing to give out much info. :(

But there has to be something. Quincy and Plumas County are small and very rural. There is a lot of hunting, logging, partying and camping in the area. I would think if something bad happened and Mark was discarded somewhere, he would have been found by now. But there must be something......

Salem

Here is Mark's NCMEC Link: http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

And iirc, Mark's family has entered DNA.

Also, Mark's family did live in Meadow Valley, a small community west of Quincy on the way to Buck's Lake, it's about 10 miles, I think. It is not really even considered a town. Just some houses, a restrauant, a small mom and pop grocery. Last time I was there, there was not even a gas station.

It is possible Mark hitchhiked or caught a ride into town (Quincy) to go to the movies.

Who from Mark's family is still living? It would be interesting if they are still around to theorize what happened to Mark on that tragic day in 1967.

Satch

Mark has 3 sisters and I believe his mother is still alive.

Salem

Also, Mark's family did live in Meadow Valley, a small community west of Quincy on the way to Buck's Lake, it's about 10 miles, I think. It is not really even considered a town. Just some houses, a restrauant, a small mom and pop grocery. Last time I was there, there was not even a gas station.

It is possible Mark hitchhiked or caught a ride into town (Quincy) to go to the movies.

This is what I'm thinking too. The town was rural and small. He was probably a trusting small town kid. Hitchhiking was probably a way of life, because someone you knew usually gave you a ride. I wonder how far the theater was from his home and if the parents knew how he was going to get there.

Well this is depressing -- a handsome young man goes missing in 1967 and I never even heard about him. And -- it seems there's very little detail about his case online. Seems he disappeared, period, the end. Wow.

Well this is depressing -- a handsome young man goes missing in 1967 and I never even heard about him. And -- it seems there's very little detail about his case online. Seems he disappeared, period, the end. Wow.

An investigative Journalist needs to write an article or blog about this case to get it out and in the open. Someone who knows something may come forward, because of it.

Kinda off subject a bit but I'm from Southern California and I have never hear of Quincy... Just looked it up and boy is it beautiful! I would love to visit some day.

It seems sad that something like a missing child could happen someplace like there.
It being such a small town I'm sure that someone in the area knows something about what happened to this handsome young boy. 1967 was not all that long ago, I'm sure most people are still around and my be willing to talk at this point.

Is it me or do a lot of these boys that go missing have very similar features?

Bumping up for any updates on Mark's case.

Satch

Which case was he submitted for and was there any resolution? It was closed and not him?

Which case was he submitted for and was there any resolution? It was closed and not him?

There is such little information on Mark's case. If there was no evidence that Mark planned to run away, he may have hitched a ride with the wrong person and could have suffered a terrible fate.

Still would be interested to know if Mark went by himself or with a group of friends? The theater he attended? The movie he saw, or had planned to see? Any mood or behavior changes in Mark leading up to the day he went to the movies and never returned?

What actions did LE take following Mark's disappearance? Family and friends interviews? Were their any leads in the investigation?

Satch

Hey All,

ProjectJason.org has some new information for us on Mark's case! Apparently he hitch-hiked to a matinee show seven miles away. He had asked his Mother for money out of his savings account, but she would not give it to him. It is believed that he only had a few dollars with him. More about Mark here. Be sure to click on each of the tabs:

http://markwilson.projectjason.org/

Satch

Hey All,

ProjectJason.org has some new information for us on Mark's case! Apparently he hitchhiked to a matinee show seven miles away. He had asked his Mother for money out of his savings account, but she would not give it to him. It is believed that he only had a few dollars with him. More about Mark here. Be sure to click on each of the tabs:

http://markwilson.projectjason.org/

Satch

If the report from Project Jason is true and Mark indeed hitchhiked, I am horrified, thinking that he met with foul play.

Satch

If the report from Project Jason is true and Mark indeed hitchhiked, I am horrified, thinking that he met with foul play.

Satch

I found out that LE interviewed people at the theater, to which Mark said he was going, but no one saw him there, and it is assumed that he tragically may have gotten a "bad ride."

I am going to try to find the name of the theater.

Satch

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back