State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question before the haggling over DNA begins!

Much has been made of JY's legal counsel to remain silent at all costs.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether JY giving up his child in order to maintain his ongoing silence was also done at the behest of his counsel? I don't know how attorneys work in this sort of a situation. Are they generally in the business of advising such extreme measures?

It's not that extreme a measure. Any crimes between parents typically have to be resolved before any sort of permanent custody decision can be made. The worse the crime, the longer it takes.

Temporary arrangements in custody matters are generally a nightmare unless both parents are in a agreement. Throw in the accusation of murder and it gets worse. Any judge worth their time on the family court bench would react with caution to the accusations. Obviously, the same can't be said for the wrongful death suit and defaulting on that.

Recent Local Example would be: The Cooper trial.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether JY giving up his child in order to maintain his ongoing silence was also done at the behest of his counsel? I don't know how attorneys work in this sort of a situation. Are they generally in the business of advising such extreme measures?

Jay said his family spent $10000 and they could not spend more for custody....yep that is what he said, LOL

We are hoping to get a lawyer verified and start a q and a thread to answer these sorts of questions.

Thank you for the new thread otto :)

Jay said his family spent $10000 and they could not spend more for custody....yep that is what he said, LOL

did this come out at the last trial? is there a link to this information (I did a search and couldn't find anything on this)

did this come out at the last trial? is there a link to this information (I did a search and couldn't find anything on this)

If jay said it, it had to come from the first trial....and it did.

If jay said it, it had to come from the first trial....and it did.

thanks jtf :).

My reason for asking is that if you state something as a fact it is best to back it up with a link or say where it came from (re: testimony from last trial).

thanks again.

All this discussion on the hotel room being fixed to not close, and why didn't the hotel clerk who put the bill under the door notice? It seems to me these types of questions are pointless.

Q:Why would someone configure the door to not need keypad entry
A: To camouflage ins and outs

q: Why would someone camouflage their hotel room door entries and exits
A: They have something to hide.

Q; what did he have to hide the night of 11/2
A: Drugs?? Adultery??? Murder????

It is a fact that was testified to that there was no record of the key being used to open the door between check-in and the maid opening the door. And we know JY testified to "propping' the door open so he would need to use the key to re-enter.

It's not that extreme a measure. Any crimes between parents typically have to be resolved before any sort of permanent custody decision can be made. The worse the crime, the longer it takes.

Temporary arrangements in custody matters are generally a nightmare unless both parents are in a agreement. Throw in the accusation of murder and it gets worse. Any judge worth their time on the family court bench would react with caution to the accusations. Obviously, the same can't be said for the wrongful death suit and defaulting on that.

Recent Local Example would be: The Cooper trial.

Good points, and there's an example where the surviving parent did contest the custody.

The only people who really know what was said between JY and his attorney are those two people (hopefully). I doubt, and this is just an opinion, a lawyer would say simply don't try to get or keep custody of your child, but they should discuss the ramifications and dangers of testifying in that matter and the client makes the decision of course.

I don't have any idea if the lawyer said, "I strongly advise you not to contest this" or if he said, "it's your choice but if you challenge and testify that can be used against you so keep that in mind." It's just something that can't be answered without having been there.

I have a question. I thought I had this straight, but yesterday I got confused, all the back and forth... JY arrived at HI around 11p, he left just before midnight, when did he unplug the camera in the stairwell? When he 1st arrived did he scope out the stairwell, the camera locations, etc. and then go back to disconnect the camera before he left at midnight or did he do it when he was leaving? Someone mentioned 11:20p several times yesterday, and that is what threw me off. Could you walk me through your theory from when he 1st arrived to when he left the hotel just before midnight? TIA

One telling thing about the custody issue is it was moved to Transylvania County at his request, even though his attorney was Alice Stubbs of Raleigh. Alice told him a deposition and psychological evaluation was required. That's all he needed to hear...not happening, so he just signed over primary custody.

"some of the women"

Wonder if we will hear from someone else, in addition to CAS and MM?
Reckon they found yet another?

"some of the women"

Wonder if we will hear from someone else, in addition to CAS and MM?
Reckon they found yet another?

Is CAS the one who was attacked by him for the ring? I hope they get that back in, along with the punching of the windshield with the woman behind it.

I think MM only saw the good side, if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni