GUILTY ME - Christopher, 42, Carol, 42, & Joshua Bolduc, 15, murdered, 20 Feb 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Twenty two year old Matt Cushing of Old Orchard, Maine was angry. You see, Matt wanted to backpack through Europe instead of continuing with his college studies. Matt's poor parents apparently refused to finance his trip. So, what does he do? Murders his mother, step-father and his fifteen year old brother. 15 years old! Oh and for good measure Matty set the house on fire before returning to school which no doubt his parents helped finance.http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=81302

Oh no, not another one..

Honestly Meow ain't it too much? It's either some parents murdering their babies or some spoiled rotten teen or young adult murdering the parents.

Is it just we're hearing more about these cases or have there always been so many? It's said there are around 300 cases a year so are we just hearing about it since we're in our online "criminal field"? I wonder how much the statistics on this have changed a decade ago, and the one before.

"In the United States, about 300 children a year are charged with killing one or both parents, Mones said. Cases where a child kills the entire family, known as "familicide," are less frequent."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/06/family.killed.ap/

Sidenote: (The above link is only to quote the 300 a year number of parenticides; the link is in relation to a different case than the one that is topic of this thread)

Here we go again. he felt entitled to have what he wanted and then was enraged when the people in his world didn't see it like that. thank goodness he's not coming to Europe! :eek:

300? I don't know Meow, but 3 is too much for me. 300! That'd be interesting if I can find the stats from the 50's-70's. Is it the video games? Oh and yo, KatK I am just repeating what half the free world is repeating. Video games plus single parenting families? I am being sarcastic there. Maybe it's all this environmental poison these kids breathe in and ingest. Yepper, here's me looking for excuses. Could it be the overuse of the naughty chair and time outs? I don't know.

Is it just we're hearing more about these cases or have there always been so many? It's said there are around 300 cases a year so are we just hearing about it since we're in our online "criminal field"? I wonder how much the statistics on this have changed a decade ago, and the one before.

"In the United States, about 300 children a year are charged with killing one or both parents, Mones said. Cases where a child kills the entire family, known as "familicide," are less frequent."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/06/family.killed.ap/

Sidenote: (The above link is only to quote the 300 a year number of parenticides; the link is in relation to a different case than the one that is topic of this thread)

How terrible. My opinion is that we - particularly as a WS community - hear more about these things and have more access to details given the global nature of communications today. I fear there has always been a homicide within families - ever since Cain killed Abel.

300? I don't know Meow, but 3 is too much for me. 300! That'd be interesting if I can find the stats from the 50's-70's. Is it the video games? Oh and yo, KatK I am just repeating what half the free world is repeating. Video games plus single parenting families? I am being sarcastic there. Maybe it's all this environmental poison these kids breathe in and ingest. Yepper, here's me looking for excuses. Could it be the overuse of the naughty chair and time outs? I don't know.
Ok, first of all::crazy: :blowkiss:

Or not enough use of the word "NO" combined with actually teaching your child important coping skills in dealing with others, like teaching the child that: they can't always get what they want, this is a fact of life that *everyone* deals with and it is best to move on if it happens that you don't get your way, for one thing? :confused: ;)

Just curious... does this garbage happen in Europe or is it mostly an American crime? Seems like it's our spoiled kids in the US.

It seems to me that more kids are murdering their whole families now days. Seems to happen all of the time.

In most of the cases that have been on here it seems that the kids felt entitled to have what they wanted and when the parents or a parent said "no" then the whole family is wiped out. It seems to be happening at younger ages too. Like the boy who murdered his whole family and LE found a bloody report card in the kitchen where it seems the father was murdered and then the mother and two siblings in other parts of the house. Maybe I'm getting the cases mixed up there have been so many but I think a lot of it is because the killer didn't get what he wanted. Also seems that boys murder familys more often then girls. The only female I can even think of right off hand is Sarah Johnson (?) who murdered her mom and dad because they were going to turn her boyfriend in to LE as he was older and they didn't approve of him. I don't think her brother was home at the time.

It would be interesting to see just how much of this was going on in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

This guy won't have to worry about going anywhere much less to Europe from now on. I wonder why he murdered his younger brother? Just because he was at home at the time or would it have made a difference. Sounds like he had thought about going after his bio dad too.

I remember one story when I was young of a guy murdering his whole family, and that was the Amityville Horror. Apparently that was a true story. But I don't recal hearing many other stories. But as someone pointed out, I pay more attention to crime and news stories now and didn't back then, so perhaps it's just being more aware of this.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=81395

Coulombe says Cushing was very close to his family, particularly his younger brother, Josh.

"They were his world. His little brother was everything to him, he always talked about him. He had actually recently gotten a tattoo of his name on him."

Peter Chillemi had talked with Cushing about the disagreement he had with his parents over his plans to travel rather than go back to college.

"He said that his parents weren't very keen on him doing that," Chillemi said. "And I said 'Well you've got to look at it from their point of view, they're spending a lot of money on college.' And he was like 'Yeah I understand.' So he didn't see like he was very angry at it or anything like that."

golfmom,

I wonder if he is just a sociopath and able to fool his friends since image is everything to them.

I had a thought about the tatoo of his brother. That could have been planned, knowing he was going to do this, just to make him appear to be the loving brother when this all came about.

From February 2013:

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/sun_ch...cle_0b5a246a-7b8e-11e2-ba47-0019bb2963f4.html

By pleading guilty to the killings of his mother, brother and stepfather, Matthew Cushing avoided a trial... Cushing, 26, is serving a life sentence at the Maine State Prison in Warren...

In 2009, Marchese said interviews with an employee of Chris Bolduc’s at Blustery Day Flags, William Huntington, revealed that Bolduc was gay and intended to divorce his wife and move to South Carolina to live with another man. Cushing, she said, was purportedly angry about that revelation, and worried that his mother would have trouble supporting herself if the divorce happened...

Vincent said his client may have been experiencing abandonment issues from not knowing for much of his childhood that Bolduc was not his biological father.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back