MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

rubon672d03a.png
rubon672d03a.png
rubon672d03a.png
rubon672d03a.png

To follow up, here is something from Crutchfield (from Monroe News)... they KNOW who did it. They just cannot prove it yet.

The man who doesn’t smoke, drink or swear certainly gets angry, but he doesn’t lose his temper. Because, he says, when you lose your temper, you lose control. And he insists on control.
“When you get excited, you make mistakes,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “You just have to focus.”
That focus has been on public display often during his tenure and might be misconstrued by some as uncaring. But, in addition to his family, he cares deeply about the community where he was born and raised. And when something horrific occurs, such as the Nevaeh Buchanan murder, it bothers him. In 2009, the 5-year-old girl was kidnapped, murdered and buried in a shallow grave. The sheriff came across in public as stoic, but he was troubled.
“It was very personal,” he said. “She was a child of our community. Certainly it was tragic.”
Sheriff Crutchfield maintains that he is confident he knows who the killer is and was hoping an arrest would be made before he left office. However, he said investigators still are developing information.
“We know who the perpetrator is,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “I thought we could have resolved this before the end of the year.”
The sheriff insists if an arrest is made, it would not be to end his career with a bang. He said that the case has taken so long to resolve because he wants to make certain that a conviction follows the arrest.
We never quit,” he said.
http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/dec/31/cool-calm-crutchfield-hangs-sheriffs-hat/

Who is at risk if this person is revealed? How much evidence do they need?

Wonder if this is connected in anyway to the narcotic officer Luke Davis' trial that is going on? Who is at risk if they convict him on his 24 charges instead of 1? Seems everyone is getting off the hook on that pretty easily. Must be some pretty high up people at risk.

It's been a LONG time since I've posted here on WS. But that certainly doesn't mean we've given up on Nevaeh! We just finished hosting our Fifth Annual Justice for Nevaeh Christmas Party! We had a blast. Over 170 kids attended along with their families and friends. We provided a free hot meal for everyone (turkey, ham, mostaciolli, salad, breadsticks, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, desserts!), free games, prizes, caroling, Santa! We also proudly offered Nevaeh's Secret Santa Shop- a place where financially challenged families can "shop" for free Christmas Presents for their kids. Our goal is to make sure every child has a few presents under the tree on Christmas morning.

We still sponsor 4-5 parties each year. Each party has a safety message for kids. This time we were joined by the Law Enforcement Education Program who provided free Child Identification kits for all kids in attendance. It's a fantastic program. You can read about it here: http://www.leepusa.com/kids-fingerprinting-program/

Monroe News did a nice story on our Christmas Party. If you're interested, you can read about it here: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/dec/22/memory-nevaeh-buchanan-kept-alive-christmas-party/

As I said long ago, we will never give up on Nevaeh. It's going on 5 years, and we are still going strong-- and growing stronger and stronger, and bigger and bigger, every year.

God Bless all of you, and Merry Christmas!

Thinking of Neveah as the anniversary draws near....

5 years later: Neveah Buchanan's murder still a mystery

Published On: May 24 2014 03:06:10 AM EDT

MONROE, Mich. -
It's been five years since Neveah Buchanan was last seen playing outside an apartment complex in Monroe, Mich.

An Amber Alert was issued for the 5-year-old on May 24, 2009 -- but her body was found just days later on June 4, buried near the River Raisin. She was encased in concrete.

Early on, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department had named two persons of interest – James Easter and George Kennedy. Both convicted sex offenders who had previous relationships with Jennifer Buchanan.

But the two men were never charged...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/5-years-later-neveah-buchanans-murder-still-a-mystery/26138578

I remember this case so well. So very sad when they found her that way. I always think pf her.

Police Say They're Closer To Arrest In Nevaeh Killing
By Ray Kisonas As of Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Although he did not use the word “suspect,” Sheriff Crutchfield said that the focus of the ongoing investigation has narrowed. In his most candid public comments since the incident, the sheriff said that the community is not in danger from the person or persons he believes may be involved with the crime. That may mean the killer, believed to be a local person, is in prison or that he or she is dead or disabled.

“We have an eye on a person or persons,” the sheriff said. “We have significantly narrowed our focus.”
Cool, Calm Crutchfield Hangs Up Sheriff’S Hat
By Ray Kisonas As of Monday, December 31, 2012

Sheriff Crutchfield maintains that he is confident he knows who the killer is and was hoping an arrest would be made before he left office. However, he said investigators still are developing information.

“We know who the perpetrator is,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “I thought we could have resolved this before the end of the year.”
Nevaeh: Unnamed Suspect Had Troubled Past
By Ray Kisonas As of Saturday, May 24, 2014

The man in prison believed to be responsible for the brutal crime was born and raised in Monroe. He is now in his 30s and is a convicted wife beater. He is in prison on felony charges. According to court records, he was a problem teen who was suspended from school, had bad grades and fought with his family.

He was interviewed at length during the investigation but did not confess. Investigators, however, have strong reason to believe that he was involved.

“I’m 99.999 percent sure it was him,” said one investigator, who declined to be named.
Two years ago we read that LE was closing in on a suspect. Now they're "99.999 percent sure" they've ID'd the right guy. Will another year pass before we read of an arrest? That would be okay if we could be confident it will happen. The above articles are reminiscent of reports in other cases, like Kathy Jones for example, where LE has a strong suspect, yet fails to make an arrest after 20, 30, 40 years and longer. On the other hand, I know that a LEO who is as certain as the investigator quoted in the article won't rest easily until a resolution is reached. So I'll add another candle and a prayer with a dusting of hope, and continue to wait.

May 24, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Family continues to seek justice in 2009 death of Nevaeh in Monroe

Lauren Abdel-Razzaq/The Detroit News

Monroe— It’s been five years since Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared from outside her apartment building. Five years since her body was found buried under concrete on the banks of the River Raisin. And for the family members and friends who mourned her death, it hasn’t gotten any easier.

“We as a community, we need to get mad. This is five years now, five years too long,” Carla Nash told a crowd at a memorial for her granddaughter on Saturday at St. Mary’s Park in downtown Monroe.

“We need justice,” she said.

Dozens of people, including many who were part of the original search party, gathered at the park to launch balloons in Nevaeh’s honor, speak about their memories of her and make sure her story is not forgotten...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140524/METRO08/305240051#ixzz32jkuBJ2n

Justice Still Sought Five Years After Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Found In Shallow Grave

May 25, 2014 11:14 AM

MONROE (WWJ) It’s been five years since a five-year-old Monroe girl, Nevaeh Buchanan, disappeared with her body found two weeks later in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

A group of friends and family remembered her with a balloon release and memorial service Saturday in St. Mary’s Park in Monroe, and they’re upset her killer hasn’t been found.

Even though Risa Smith, vice president of Justice For Nevaeh, says some investigators have reportedly said they know who kidnapped Nevaeh from the parking lot of her apartment complex and killed her, they don’t have enough evidence to charge them...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/05...ter-nevaeh-buchanan-5-found-in-shallow-grave/

Fisherman Who Found Nevaeh’S Body Finds Way To Cope With Memories

“I can’t drive down Macomb St. without thinking about her. I look over at the apartments and see the swing set and slide they set up out back and …” Immediately Guy’s voice trails off and I remember how often visual memories interrupted his vocal narrative the last time we delved into this heart-wrenching subject.

“I think — as it is with most things good and bad — we tend to break away and go on with our lives,” he begins again. “But, I have a personal investment in her. And, I don’t feel much different today than I did then, tell you the truth.”

Guy’s voice — and hackles — begins to rise as suddenly he’s back in the middle of the heartbreak. “I still get very emotional; very upset that someone hasn’t been brought to justice for such a horrible thing! It ticks me off and I get mad because I know good and well it’s somebody real close, but we don’t have a lick to go on."

Still waiting for justice for Neveah.

Sending thoughts and prayers to family and friends of Nevaeh. Please remember that many people share your heartbreak waiting for answers. The love and light of Nevaeh lives on forever in many hearts. You are never alone.

Six years without answers is inexcusable. The time for justice is long past due. Let us never forget Neveah!

xE7jFGl.jpg

W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg

W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg

Bumping.

I've always wondered if Nevaeh was killed by a younger person(s) meaning a teenager or even younger. Something about her being abducted but not beaten or sexually assaulted and instead just buried alive seems juvenile to me--experimental and non-commital. They abducted/lured her yet didn't really do anything (that we know of) except bury her, which don't get me wrong is unimaginable and terrible just not a normal child predators M.O.
They went as far as to abduct her. Why not go all the way? What was holding them back?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back