Not open for further replies.
Age 46
White Male
6'1"
200 lbs.
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Hazel
Currently unshaven
Clothing - Probably wearing blue or gray collared polo with J.C.Electrical logo,
jeans,work boots, possible baseball cap

No ID, no Wallet

Last seen Friday 6/14/13 in Brooklyn, NY or Huntington Station, NY
Driving a red 2004 Pontiac GTO. Car was found in LIRR Deer Park Train station.

If any information Please contact

Suffolk County Police Second Squad
631-854-8252 or 911

http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.ning.com/forum/topics/robert-mayer-dix-hills-new-york-june-14-2013

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2013/06/missing-robert-mayer-46-dix-hills-ny.html

Race: W Sex: M

Age at Time Missing: 46

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 200 lbs

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Hazel

Other: probably wearing blue or gray collared polo w/ J.C. Electrical logo, jeans, workboots, unshaven, no i.d., no wallet.

Earlier that morning he had left his wallet behind in the garage and the family believe that was an oversight as he was running late.

Police Agency: Suffolk County Police Second Squad at 631-854-8252, or your local police

image001-790433.jpg

For some reason the police don't suspect fowl play but his wife believes soemthing isn't right. He wouldn't have missed fathers day with his kids.

His wife also believes he may be somewhere on Long Island, Huntington area. He never takes the train, I'm guessing he doesn't like them, but his car was found at a train station.

Family pleads for info on missing man Robert Mayer, of Dix Hills

DIX HILLS - A woman from Dix Hills made a tearful plea today for help finding her husband who mysteriously disappeared on Friday.

Robert Mayer, 46, drove to Brooklyn for his job as an electrician on Friday morning, but never returned home. His wife, Ida Mayer, says he should have been home by 3 p.m., but the afternoon passed without a sign of him

http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...rt-mayer-of-dix-hills-1.5499513?firstfree=yes

wife states on her FB page that his cell phone signal was last spotted around Rte 110 in Huntington while he was on his way home around 1:45.

Huntington is a ways from the train station his car was found at...

I hope police have dusted his car for prints and checked for other evidence.

He could have gone over the Rt 110 bridge in Huntington on his way home if he took the Northern State Parkway home. Many people use the NSP as an alternate to the LIE (no truck traffic).

Also, the LIRR does have a station at Rt 110 in Huntington. It's just not on the same line as the Deer Park station, where his car was found. The Deer Park station would be his "home" station. If he were to take the LIRR to work, that would be the station he would use.

It seems kind of odd to me that he would be on the Northern State (or even the LIE) and drive to the Deer Park train station. He would have to drive past his neighborhood to get there. It's probably more likely, IMO, that he took the train that day, for whatever reason.

All we really know is that his phone pinged on Rt 110 in Huntington at 1:45 PM and his car was found the next day at the Deer Park train station. Perhaps he and his phone were not in the same location?

Wife says he is normally home at 3 PM. If he were at Rt 110 at 1:45, that would get him home at about 2 PM, an hour earlier than expected.

I'm more than a little curious about his phone pings for the whole day. He left behind his wallet at home. Perhaps his phone was left on the train?

And was he at work all day?

He could have gone over the Rt 110 bridge in Huntington on his way home if he took the Northern State Parkway home. Many people use the NSP as an alternate to the LIE (no truck traffic).

Also, the LIRR does have a station at Rt 110 in Huntington. It's just not on the same line as the Deer Park station, where his car was found. The Deer Park station would be his "home" station. If he were to take the LIRR to work, that would be the station he would use.

It seems kind of odd to me that he would be on the Northern State (or even the LIE) and drive to the Deer Park train station. He would have to drive past his neighborhood to get there. It's probably more likely, IMO, that he took the train that day, for whatever reason.

All we really know is that his phone pinged on Rt 110 in Huntington at 1:45 PM and his car was found the next day at the Deer Park train station. Perhaps he and his phone were not in the same location?

Wife says he is normally home at 3 PM. If he were at Rt 110 at 1:45, that would get him home at about 2 PM, an hour earlier than expected.

I'm more than a little curious about his phone pings for the whole day. He left behind his wallet at home. Perhaps his phone was left on the train?

http://halfhollowhills.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/dix-hills-dad-missing-on-fathers-day
"Ida said that his coworkers saw him at 12:30 p.m. His phone went dead around 2:45 p.m., she said."

No news today, yet. I got some flyers put up in Huntington area. Hoping for some word!

I am sorry to read about Robert Mayer gone missing and my heart goes out to his family and friends. Best steps already taken are making a police report, setting up pages on Social media and having a missing person forum in Websleuths.
Some questions need answers (may be uncomfortable for family); but can help to try determine what has happened.
Was there any recent significant changes in the family relationships or his behavior/routine?
Any chance there was someone else he was involved with?
Have phone records, computer, etc been checked for anything?
Has he had a recent significant loss; such as best friend, close relative, job, etc.?
Has family secured phone records (via LE) or otherwise?
Has he talked about any future plans with family, friends or co-workers recently?
Has he made any "unusual" comments to same recently?
Does he have a physical or mental condition that requires meds or been getting treatment?
Anything unusual about the contents/condition of the car?
Can anyone at work confirm he drove to work on Friday (saw him in car or going to car) or to the contrary... saw him going toward train station?
Any cams at train station where car found?
Has he left his wallet at home before when in a hurry to leave? Often? If not, this aspect raises a red flag for me.

Answers to these questions may provide further insight.

I want to know if it was normal practice for him to leave his wallet at home or if he had any money, atm or credit cards with him.

Ida answered on a facebook group that the phone was a company phone so she hasn't seen the records.

Hmmm..

Ok, sorry if I'm repeating any facts!

Robert and his wife have been married 18 years.
She last spoke with him around 9 a.m. on Friday, June 14th.
Coworkers last saw him around 12:45 Friday.
His phone last tracks to Route 110 in Huntington around 1:45 p.m.
Robert's cell phone went dead around 2:45 p.m. Friday.
His wife expected him home around 3 p.m. and became worried around 5 p.m. Friday when Robert hadn't yet gotten home from work.
Robert's red 2004 Pontiac car was found at the Deer Park train station - per his wife, he would never leave his car unattended. His second love to the family was his car.

His wallet was found in the home garage. (and the family believe that was an oversight as he was running late

http://halfhollowhills.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/local-dad-still-missing_c50ef5ad
http://halfhollowhills.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/dix-hills-dad-missing-on-fathers-day
http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2013/06/missing-robert-mayer-46-dix-hills-ny.html
http://www.longislandfirearms.com/f...ills-man-missing-robert-mayer-46-father-of-2/

Anyone know how far the train station would be from both his job and home?

I want to know if it was normal practice for him to leave his wallet at home or if he had any money, atm or credit cards with him.

I put a link in my last post where family stated it may have been an oversight of him leaving his wallet, maybe he was running late.

Thanks talula, I've been reading the FB page too. Some additional points made on that page.
No cams at train station.
Seems the car was found (train sta.) about 12 miles away from location of last phone ping (near Huntington about 1:45).
No recognized signs of depression; good things happening.

Thanks talula, I've been reading the FB page too. Some additional points made on that page.
No cams at train station.
Seems the car was found (train sta.) about 12 miles away from location of last phone ping (near Huntington about 1:45).
No recognized signs of depression; good things happening.

And his friend Kevin says the patch reports are inaccurate phone went dead at 1:45 as well as last ping at 1:45

I hate to say it but I wonder if he was in any trouble with the law?

Or any gambling problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member