Regroup

I've called and had to leave a message. If I don't hear from them by Thurs or Fri - I will call again and send another email.

Salem

Wanted to bump this; has anyone tried getting a copy of the report?

As far as being able to obtain an ME report, I did some googling about it and I found this website : http://virginiamedicalexaminer.com/

In Virginia, the records of the medical examiner are deemed to be medical records and, as such, fall under statutory protection. Therefore, only the legal next of kin in the following priority may receive copies of reports: spouse, adult child, parent, adult sibling, any other relative of the deceased. In cases where criminal prosecution is anticipated, those involving unnatural death and certain other cases, copies of reports will be sent to law enforcement agencies and to the local commonwalth’s attorney. A written release from the legal next of kin is required for reports to be sent to other interested parties, such as insurance companies or private attorneys.

If this information is correct, does it apply to cases where there is no known next of kin? Does anyone know what steps were taken to obtain a copy of Tawni's/MJD's ME report? (Does Arizona have similar regulations and someone found a way around them?)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back