Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited to hear the results!!

In November 2003, the 14- to 20-year-old girl remained unidentified. The Clark County Coroner’s Office had exhausted all techniques available at the time. Except one: the Internet.

“Some people came up with the idea of putting dead people’s photos on the World Wide Web,” Murphy said. “I said, ‘We’ve done everything else. Why not this?’ ” The initial reaction was not positive.

“I was convinced I had made a big blunder, and I thought I would lose my job,” he said.

“Within 24 hours, we had identified our first decedent,” Murphy said. “The response that we got was amazing. That started to kind of give us a boost. Within 72 hours, we had identified another one. A week later, another, and we were off the ground running.”
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/resolving-cold-cases-important-clark-county-coroner

I get a gut feeling about Mary Ann Wesolowski.

Her brother was on Craigslist awhile back asking if anyone had any pictures of her and pleading for anyone with info to email him because he is still searching for her...

I was in Henderson Nevada today, visiting a friend. While I was there, I visited AGJD's grave at the Palms Cemetery on Boulder Highway.

2870704900045078242S500x500Q851.jpg

2887182230045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

It's good to see that someone is leaving flowers on her grave.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Palm...enderson+NV&cid=16424774888380571683&t=h&z=19

I was looking at the Google Map of the Palm Boulder Highway Cemetery, and realized that I can see the actual headstone where AGJD is buried. The Google watermark on the overhead image appears directly above the headstone. And her headstone is a little brighter than those around it.

0d9905f6-0d31-457d-a028-51f39b0ecbc4.jpg

ArroyoGrandeJDGraveCloser.jpg

While I'm at it, I am posting my umpteenth revision of my AGJD recon. I made her hair a little longer, and made her smile look a little more natural, emphasizing her slightly curled lower lip.

6579c7d8-5eaa-4dc9-b8e7-2a93a8c129d2.jpg

I was asking about the pregnancy because she reminds me of Helen Claire Frost from British Columbia, but maybe too much time has passed between the time she went missing to when she was found in Henderson, NV.
RCMP0515259c1.jpg

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=0515259&orgPrefix=RCMP&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_CA&searchLang=en_X1
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/254dfbc.html

Hi Ambercat --
Based on my conversations with Clark County Coroner's Detectives 'no previous pregnancies/births' is noted on the autopsy report. Maybe this is why there is a strong opinion at Clark County that AGJD was as young as 14. Know that Rick is open to comparing any possible that we send to him -- he has said to me again and again that he prefers that science determine results.
Helen does have the same coloring (but, at 5'6" she might be too tall)...We are seeing with the recent Texas' cases that geography shouldn't limit our searches.

Hi Ambercat --
Based on my conversations with Clark County Coroner's Detectives 'no previous pregnancies/births' is noted on the autopsy report. Maybe this is why there is a strong opinion at Clark County that AGJD was as young as 14. Know that Rick is open to comparing any possible that we send to him -- he has said to me again and again that he prefers that science determine results.
Helen does have the same coloring (but, at 5'6" she might be too tall)...We are seeing with the recent Texas' cases that geography shouldn't limit our searches.

That's good to know that they don't think that she was pregnant before. Some of the websites say that Helen was 5'4" but most say she was 5'6" when she disappeared.

I don't think Arroyo Grande Jane Doe is Mary Ann Wesolowski; Mary Ann's teeth are extremely crooked. I think she might be Janet Kramer if Janet's nose is swollen in the photo (which I really think it is). I really wish that we had more photos of her, but from how sad things were for her, I sort of doubt that there are that many photos of her out there.

That's good to know that they don't think that she was pregnant before. Some of the websites say that Helen was 5'4" but most say she was 5'6" when she disappeared.

I don't think Arroyo Grande Jane Doe is Mary Ann Wesolowski; Mary Ann's teeth are extremely crooked. I think she might be Janet Kramer if Janet's nose is swollen in the photo (which I really think it is). I really wish that we had more photos of her, but from how sad things were for her, I sort of doubt that there are that many photos of her out there.

I sent an e-mail to my friend at CC to see if he knows and can share anything more about Janet's case --her story i.e. why she was in the Wilmar, MN group home -- what makes the sister believe (per article) that AGJD is her sister -- and whether or not Janet's family recalled the dental spacing that we know AGJD had. Not sure if he can share -- but, if he does, I will let you all know what I learn.

Just as a side note: Rick told me the first time I met him that AGJD was very likely a runaway from a group home who had never been reported to the authorities as missing. DNA has been submitted -- so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Janet's birthday is June 3rd...maybe we will know by then.

Update: I learned from Rick that the sister comment was not from Janet's sister. His office received a tip submitted by the sister of a Somona, CA missing girl Kerry Ann Graham - DOB 11/12/1963. Kerry left home with a female friend in Dec. 1979 and was classified as a runaway. She was never listed as a missing person in any data base until recently (Nov 2013). Kerry was last seen on December 24, 1979, in Forestville. Her parents are still living and are giving DNA samples for testing.
Report Type: Runaway Juvenile
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Height: 4 ft. 11 in.
Weight: 95 lbs.
Date of Birth: 11/12/1963
Scars/Marks/Tattoos: Glasses
Dental X-rays Available: No
Age in photo 14

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=5651331600149
Photo is really distorted...
image.aspx

Update: I learned from Rick that the sister comment was not from Janet's sister. His office received a tip submitted by the sister of a Somona, CA missing girl Kerry Ann Graham - DOB 11/12/1963. Kerry left home with a female friend in Dec. 1979 and was classified as a runaway. She was never listed as a missing person in any data base until recently (Nov 2013). Kerry was last seen on December 24, 1979, in Forestville. Her parents are still living and are giving DNA samples for testing.
Age in photo 14

image.aspx

I'm not seeing Arroyo Grande in Kerry's face.

The vital stats aren't particularly close and I don't see the #7-#8 gap either.

She looks like Walker County JD IMO.

I sent an e-mail to my friend at CC to see if he knows and can share anything more about Janet's case --her story i.e. why she was in the Wilmar, MN group home -- what makes the sister believe (per article) that AGJD is her sister -- and whether or not Janet's family recalled the dental spacing that we know AGJD had. Not sure if he can share -- but, if he does, I will let you all know what I learn.

Just as a side note: Rick told me the first time I met him that AGJD was very likely a runaway from a group home who had never been reported to the authorities as missing. DNA has been submitted -- so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Janet's birthday is June 3rd...maybe we will know by then.

Age in photo 14

image.aspx

It would be quite shocking if it turned out to be her. Forestville isn't that far from were the Santa Rosa hitchhiker murder's took place. http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com/ CA CA - Nipton - WhtFem 778UFCA, 18-30, In Mineshaft, May'76 - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hey Carl,
Your comments are similar to Rick's. He tends to think that Janet Kramer is a better possible. And I so love your new revision of Arroyo Grande Jane...just beautiful! :tyou:

I'll check out the Walker County JD case.

Clark County has received the info they need for DNA testing on Janet Kramer. They are making an official request to UNT/CODIS. Rick will let me know as soon as he learns the result.

Rick says, "THANK YOU FOR KEEPING Jane Arroya Grande Doe in front".

ETA: This comparison will be made manually so it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.

BTW...Janet Kramer as a possible for Arroya Grande Jane Doe was AMBERCAT's suggestion!!!

images
images

Charley Project just created a new casefile for Kerry Graham, and included a better photo.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/graham_kerry.html

7eb4e88c-08ed-439b-a486-441431c66a5e.jpg
images
42332eb1-dacb-4143-b0f6-b238ab886f50.jpg

She does have a 7-8 gap. Now I see why they are interested in her as an Arroyo Grande possible, though her resemblance to AGJD is kind of iffy. And if her listed height is correct, she would be too short.

Charley Project just created a new casefile for Kerry Graham, and included a better photo.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/graham_kerry.html

7eb4e88c-08ed-439b-a486-441431c66a5e.jpg
images
42332eb1-dacb-4143-b0f6-b238ab886f50.jpg

She does have a 7-8 gap. Now I see why they are interested in her as an Arroyo Grande possible, though her resemblance to AGJD is kind of iffy. And if her listed height is correct, she would be too short.

Very interesting, especially the spacing. The date on the photo for KAG is circa 1979, the year she disappeared. The two photos of Kerry look quite different, imo. Might be becasue of the quality of the first one. If you read Kerry's discription (Native American), you would never connect to a blonde/red headed/blue or green eyed Jane Doe. So glad that a new photo was added to her profile.

BTW, I keep checking for an update from Clark County...nothing yet. Thanks for sharing this Carl.

Searching for more details about Kerry Ann Graham...

Seems it is thought that she left on her on accord with a female friend. But no information is available about the friend - except to say that neither of the two girls have been seen since. Wonder who this other girl is -- can't find any other female reported missing from Forestville, CA. hmmmm....

Both girls had ties to New Jersey and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

In her M&EC Prolife it states...
Kerry was last seen on December 24, 1979. She may be with a female companion. They may have traveled to New Jersey. When Kerry was last seen she had blonde highlights in her hair. She has freckles, pierced ears, and a scar on her left arm from the removal of a cancerous growth. It also states that Kerry was a smoker in 1979.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1225186/1
Hair color is listed as auburn and eyes are listed as green. It would be great to see Kerry with her natural hair color, auburn. I have to admit that there are quite a few similarities, IMO.

Apologies if this person has already been mentioned as a possible AGJD.
Her link is here:
www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24532/1/
Her name is Mary Weekly and she was just added to NAMUS very recently. She went missing from St. Louis City-County Missouri on March 3, 1978.
"No fingerprints, no dentals, and DNA collection is in process. She has red/auburn shoulder length hair and blue eyes-try to imagine her without the yellow tinted glasses. Mary's NAMUS page refers to her as "victim"-which sounds like an involuntary forced disappearance.

I flipped the computer upside down and compared her to AGJD-they look similar to me. Just MOO, but AGJD's face looks slightly swollen.
Nye County is not very far from Henderson. Las Vegas and Boulder City are also short drives away. What do others think about Mary as a possible AGJD?

Apologies if this person has already been mentioned as a possible AGJD.
Her link is here:
www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24532/1/
Her name is Mary Weekly and she was just added to NAMUS very recently. She went missing from St. Louis City-County Missouri on March 3, 1978.
"No fingerprints, no dentals, and DNA collection is in process. She has red/auburn shoulder length hair and blue eyes-try to imagine her without the yellow tinted glasses. Mary's NAMUS page refers to her as "victim"-which sounds like an involuntary forced disappearance.

I flipped the computer upside down and compared her to AGJD-they look similar to me. Just MOO, but AGJD's face looks slightly swollen.
Nye County is not very far from Henderson. Las Vegas and Boulder City are also short drives away. What do others think about Mary as a possible AGJD?

My first thought when I saw Mary Weekly was Buckskin Girl. But I don't think she is either BG or AGJD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member