Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

There was a Woolworth's in Merced before I was born (1960s) and the old Woolworth's building in Sacramento was built in 1956. So they were in Central California long before Annie was found.

Every town in Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho large enough to be taken seriously, and some that weren't, had a Woolworth's when I was growing up in the 60's. Most of them had been there since the depression. They were fun to shop at because they all had those wonderful old creaking oiled hardwood floors, and a lunch counter

From what the locals have told me, there were quite a few commune type places in So OR and No CA around that time period.

Milepost 35- Cave Junction is near the CA border so my guess is that it is 35 mi away from the border. I know on I-5 here in OR that is how it is done, so I am guessing it is the same with Redwood hwy.

Taking the Redwood Hwy in that area- well, it is more of a scenic road. Or for people going from the coast inland to Medford or Grants Pass, OR (or surrounding towns), Yreka or Redding CA area. It is not the fastest way by far for traveling between the major western cities.

Looks like there were also young people living in situations described in this blog. I wonder if the writer was there around the time of Annie's death, like maybe she might remember seeing her around? Long, long shot, I know.

http://eveningstarjilly.wordpress.com/2012/07/30/cave-junction-oregon/

I wonder if people in communes dressed like she did? It might be a pointless question- but I always imagine communes in 71 to be more hippy-ish. We had some nudie ones up here though :)

I mentioned this upthread at some point- but Joesphine county is under a horrible horrible budget cut right now. It is BAD- IIRC because there are really no LE around anymore except emergencies, shoplifting has gone way up and small time cases just get dismissed with no real punishment. Also they are asking for VOLUNTEERS to process evidence and work in the department.

So, I am not sure if Annie is ever going to get ID'd by LE.

I wonder if people in communes dressed like she did? It might be a pointless question- but I always imagine communes in 71 to be more hippy-ish. We had some nudie ones up here though :)

I would say no, she's dressed like a young housewife heading to town for groceries, or getting ready for a day's travel on a vacation, or possibly a casual job (bookkeeper in a small business comes to mind).

There were all kinds of communes, though. I was peripherally involved in one that was a back-to-simplicity Christian commune where the women all dressed modestly, in long dark skirts, and the men grew beards. We were sort of non-Amish Amish :p But the farm the core group bought in Idaho was only a mile from another farm that was bought by a coven of lesbian witches. Anybody could have dressed nicely like this for a trip in to town or whatever.

And since I'm here: the current Namus exlusions list:

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Niki Britten 1953 Oregon
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Martha Shelton 1944 Kentucky

Here's an Oregon female MP who fits the age and timeline parameters perfectly. But if her height is correct, she's probably too short.

Barbara Ann Bryson
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25245/0

Date LKA: July 29, 1971 - Annie Doe Found August 19, 1971
Age LKA: 19 - Annie Doe Estimate: 14-25
Loc LKA: Stayton OR. - Annie Doe Loc: Near Grant's Pass OR (About 200 miles)

BAB's Height: 59 inches (4'11") - Annie Doe's Height: 64 inches (5'4")

Here's an Oregon female MP who fits the age and timeline parameters perfectly. But if her height is correct, she's probably too short.

Barbara Ann Bryson
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25245/0

Date LKA: July 29, 1971 - Annie Doe Found August 19, 1971
Age LKA: 19 - Annie Doe Estimate: 14-25
Loc LKA: Stayton OR. - Annie Doe Loc: Near Grant's Pass OR (About 200 miles)

BAB's Height: 59 inches (4'11") - Annie Doe's Height: 64 inches (5'4")

Barbara's brother's note in the DoeNetwork Guestbook indicates that she was 5'2". That's a little bit closer.

But he also indicates a different Date LKA: Jul'72

http://users3.smartgb.com/g/g.php?a=s&i=g36-12917-47&m=10&p=2

#595 | 4/18/2014, 2:34 PM, PDT | Don R Bryson 71.34.93.35 | Location United States United States
Barbara Ann Bryson missing July 1972 from Stayton, Oregon . 18, 5'2",115 lbs. loved and missed by her Family! No body ever found!

I don't know if she has been looked at for this case, but what about Kathy Anne Lulloff? Age, height, and weight are similar, she could've dyed her hair, and she could've been going by her middle name, making her initials "AL". She was said to have been hitchhiking to Canada, but maybe she was actually headed to California?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/lulloff_kathy.html

I don't know if she has been looked at for this case, but what about Kathy Anne Lulloff? Age, height, and weight are similar, she could've dyed her hair, and she could've been going by her middle name, making her initials "AL". She was said to have been hitchhiking to Canada, but maybe she was actually headed to California?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/lulloff_kathy.html

I don't know the time frame for decomp, but could she have become almost completely skeletonized in less than a month? That seems quick, even in summer.

I'm not sure about the decomposition. You are probably right, though.

Thought I'd also post the ruleout list per Namus (https://identifyus.org/cases/10929):

Niki Britten 1953 Oregon
Babara Bryson 1951 Oregon
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Martha Shelton 1944 Kentucky

Hello, I wanted to pop in and say I like it. It's very nice. Thank you. I hope she eventually gets identified. It has been way too long. Someone somewhere has got to be wondering about her after all these years.

Thank you. Still Seek Answers & I run the page. Our primary focus is sharing older missing and unidentified cases to make sure their out in the public being seen to help get them home. Sometimes a story just grabs our hearts and we feature it. We also feature newer missing persons cases when a request comes in.

Annie's NamUs case worker asked me to share her on Monday. She knew I had a page; she was curious how we picked cases to feature. I don't follow many cases but I had come here last year when the new sketch came out; so I made sure to read over the thread Tuesday when I realized Kari was here. I should have known SSA was posting in the thread lol

Once Kari gets back to me; I will upload her on NJ for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law since the ring found by her was possibly made here. I'll also tag the OR Billy's Law page

Time runs away from me lately. I feel like i have let Annie down by not really being on here looking for answers for her. Now i find her on page 13. Posting to bring her back to the front after far too long unidentified.

This woman, who was just added to NamUs, was LKA in 1971. It seems to me that she should be looked at as a possible Annie Doe.

Denise Kathleen Anderson
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27540/7/
835be3e9-ef56-4905-bea4-2d9d30bbf2d7.jpg
ed8e4610-e145-4333-adf4-97c284ffe56f.jpg

The timeline looks good. Her height is good. Her age is good.

Not an extremely strong match, but I would say she should be compared nevertheless.

She looks alot like the Alcala girl with the grey fur coat. But not enough so to say I think they are the same person.
She also kind of looks like the 1974 Long Beach (Shoreline Drive) Jane Doe (DoeNet 700UFCA) Jane Doe, but again, not close enough to get excited about.

I don't see Denise's Namus profile. Did she go missing from the Oregon area?

Janet already got back to me. As to the California lady and Annie, both have DNA in CODIS so the computer should have hit if there was a matc

I always keep an eye open for a match to Annie...sad that this didn't pan out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back