Becky Sue Turner and related

Email to Fire Dept.

For some reason I am a bit stuck on what to ask them, mention to them...
Can you please advise.
Instinct tells me not to mention FLEK...but what is the reason for my inquiry? Research?
Am I asking 'what more can you tell me about the fire' otherthan what is on the attached news clip?

Thanks!!

SK

Email to Fire Dept.

Can you please advise.
Instinct tells me not to mention FLEK...but what is the reason for my inquiry? Research?
Am I asking 'what more can you tell me about the fire' otherthan what is on the attached news clip?

Thanks!!

SK

Hi SK,
I'm not sure if Linda and HerStory are still reading the boards, but you could possibly try private messaging them for some help or ideas. They are quite helpful and knowledgeable.

You could also ask the FD if they have a separate archives department with information from late 1971 and early 1972. You can also ask about their chaplaincy department as that began in 1971 and if so, I'm sure they would have at least offered some type of help or assistance for the victim's family.

There might also be police archives that they could connect you with as FD and PD usually go hand-in-hand.

Hope this gives a little bit more ideas. I would help you out further, but school and work prevents me from spending too much time searching for information.

Email to Fire Dept.

Can you please advise.

Thanks!!

SK
Do they know what at what time the fire occurred? What was the cause? Were the children's body's retrieved or were they destroyed beyond retrieval? Was the house completely destroyed or was the family able to move back in? etc…There must be a detailed report about the event and the ensuing investigation. Is that publicly available?

Email to Fire Dept.

Can you please advise.

Thanks!!

SK

I agree not to immediately link this to FLEK. General research sounds odd to these LE types, so I would suggest saying you are working on something for school. If you have kids or could borrow one, pretend it is their school project. LOL, folks are usually so happy to help kids, especially if you show up in person with a particularly charming kid.

Awesome suggestions!! Woot!
I will start the email draft today, explaining I am a mother (true ;) and assisting with projects involving house fires/family lost in fires....
Thanks a lot everyone, Happy Friday :)
SK

Awesome suggestions!! Woot!

I will start the email draft today, explaining I am a mother (true ;) and assisting with projects involving house fires/family lost in fires....

Thanks a lot everyone, Happy Friday :)

SK

It just occurred to me that I have a friend who is a fireman. Would you like me to send him an email tomorrow if you haven't already asked your questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just occurred to me that I have a friend who is a fireman. Would you like me to send him an email tomorrow if you haven't already asked your questions?

EmiLove,
Which State does he work in? I have sent the email but if I don't back, perhaps he can assist!
Thanks!

EmiLove,
Which State does he work in? I have sent the email but if I don't back, perhaps he can assist!
Thanks!

California.

I went ahead and emailed him last night, so hopefully he gets back to me today.

Well I got ahold of my friend but he really wasn't able to help much. I had it in my mind the questions were more fire related and not so specific to this fire, silly me.

I asked him at that the time of the fire if they would have had to recover the bodies or if they would've taken the parents word that the two girls were inside. He said that he doesn't believe they would have had to recover the bodies.

I keep thinking back to the Sodder family though, what if there were no bodies to recover.

I hope you get answers soon Sidekick!

Here's hoping you get something/some sort of information for us to work with Sidekick!

I get this weird feeling, I won't hear back from the Fire Dept. I don't want to pour negative energy here, but it's just a feeling.
I am surprised EmiLove your friend doesn't believe they would 'have' to recover the bodies.
I don't know anything about bodies and fires but wow...really? Just leave the ashes in the fire?
Thanks for asking him!!

I get this weird feeling, I won't hear back from the Fire Dept. I don't want to pour negative energy here, but it's just a feeling.

I am surprised EmiLove your friend doesn't believe they would 'have' to recover the bodies.

I don't know anything about bodies and fires but wow...really? Just leave the ashes in the fire?

Thanks for asking him!!

Oops! That was a mistake on my part I didn't realize I wrote doesn't. He said he DOES believe they would've recovered the bodies.

Sorry! That's what I get for typing on my phone.

Sidekick - Any updates? Did you call?

Morning PinkP!

I am not calling as I am in Canada... I did email them and haven't heard a word...I keep checking my email throughout the day/s

If anyone wants to call, please do so...perhaps this will be much easier as emails sent, tend to sit and fade away sometimes.

Hi!
Just this minute I received an email from the fire dept.
" I'm sorry, but we were unable to locate any records "

Best Regards....

Name
TFD

Thanks for asking him!!

((groan)) Thanks for trying, SK. That took some effort and guts - you are awesome! :loveyou:

A blunt response, for sure. Does that mean that old records were purged/destroyed? That the Turner fire record was specifically unable to be located among the old records? That there was never a record of the fire in the first place? :tantrum:

I too was perturbed when I read the short yet blunt email. As if! As if, there were no other resources the Fire Dept could steer me too. Ok, 1971 is a long time ago, but records are eventually microfiched are they not? The other possibility I can come up with is to contact LE in the area, they have to have had records kept. Quite frankly, that gives me more of a nervous stomach contacting them, but... it's just info we need so why not?

400 E 56th St, Tacoma, WA 98404, United States
+1 253-594-7947
Non-emergency number (253) 798-4721
http://www.cityoftacoma.org/government/city_departments/police/

http://www.tpl.lib.wa.us/Default.aspx
I will email the library 'ask a librarian' to see if they can find more information.

Anyone interested in contacting LE? Remember, it's just a project! lol

SK

I asked the librarian online and she sent me the same articles we have now.
I did a search on the address, 1404 Tidehaven Road, Fife WA to see when the house was built, who owned it.... thru the library, no info came up. Was this a real house? It is all industrial and surely does not look like at any time a family home was there....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back