Identified! Short Sleeve Blue Shirt & White Pants Woman

kz6ijj-kz6id30188.jpg

attachment.php

Putting pics , just for more of a visual.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alcala-238877-photos-beach.html

it is a brand new outfit, i agree, and it wasn't cheap. i was her age, and really would've loved to afford an outfit like that. i think those rayon blends were relatively new in the late 70's and they were great to wear, but expensive.

I guess all our imaginations work differently. I see the blouse as ordinary cotton knit like I wear all the time. To me it looks nice enough and tapered enough to have a skirt or pair of pants to match. So I imagine that she took those off and put on pants she didn't mind getting dirty. They could be "wheat jeans" like we wore in the 70's. Everything had to be matchy matchy in those days.

I just got back from having my teeth cleaned, and realized that what this really looks like is the kind of outfit a good dental assistant to a high-end dentist would wear. Or maybe the receptionist/assistant in a cosmetic surgeon's office.

As i remember the 70's, platform shoes were a big deal. And if, like me, you didn't wear platforms, I had to re-hem at least half the pants I bought. And as I am above average in height, I can imagine that shorter women had to re-hem everything. I can't guess how short or tall this young woman is, but re-hemming would not be uncommon. She's wearing sandals with a bit of a heel, but not enough to overcome the platform era, even if she is average or slightly above average in height.

The scenario I imagined for these two pictures is that she was happy and friendly in the beginning. Then he asked her to take her top off and she was not amused, maybe a little afraid of him.

Just thinking. Her platform shoes would date this picture as before Aug 12, 1971 or between Aug. 3, 1974 and Oct. 16, 1974. By the time RA got out of prison in June of 1977 they were no longer in style.

Just thinking. Her platform shoes would date this picture as before Aug 12, 1971 or between Aug. 3, 1974 and Oct. 16, 1974. By the time RA got out of prison in June of 1977 they were no longer in style.

Good point. I had been trying to remember when I wore shoes like that -- the ripple soles weren't in style in the late sixties/early seventies. But '74 sounds right.

I'm seeing the wavy sole on these sandals and thinking they are Famolares or a knock-off of those, and they were launched in 1974. They were very popular with workers who had navigate slippery floor--nurses or grocery store cashiers. Stylish safety shoes!
But, the hair? She has it feathered back ala Farrah and that started in 1976 what with Charlies Angels and the famous red bathing suit poster.

I'm seeing the wavy sole on these sandals and thinking they are Famolares or a knock-off of those, and they were launched in 1974. They were very popular with workers who had navigate slippery floor--nurses or grocery store cashiers. Stylish safety shoes!
But, the hair? She has it feathered back ala Farrah and that started in 1976 what with Charlies Angels and the famous red bathing suit poster.

Basic shags like this one were popular for both sexes from around 1972; Farrah's was more layered and more extreme.

The second photo looks as though she has been crying. The eyleline is smudges and mascara clumped. I looked at both pictures. I don't notice the white line in the first but I do in the second. To me it looks as if she had something tight around her neck therefore the disturbing look on her face in the second picture. She may have realized she was in deep trouble.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back