IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8

Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

Btown's map with truck added at 10th and Morton
aahggg1.jpg

I guess I missed this part of this news article. Ruining their life?

"Confronted outside their apartment Sunday, Corey Rossman and Mike Beth denied their identities to Fox59 News, then complained that media coverage of the investigation was ruining their life. Rossman complained that while his vehicle was parked in a public parking that Fox59 News was violating his privacy and Beth threatened to call Bloomington police. Rossman then drove away."

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Considering that the OD/hide the body scenario is still on the table...

I’d like to see an investigative reporter examine the use of cocaine and other hard drugs amongst students at IU. I think that could be a big, interesting story and could potentially shed light on this case. The local Bloomington paper wouldn’t do this... I think they have a vested interest in presenting anything having to do with the University or IU students in a positive light.

Obviously, we don’t know if any of these kids did coke or if drugs are involved with Lauren’s disappearance but the rumor and circumstantial evidence is strong. And unlike a lot of students, these folks had the money and probably the opportunity to get cocaine if they wanted to.

And think about this: Given the speculation, if I was a lawyer for one of the P.O.I. (particularly JR or CR) I’d eagerly announce that my client was not taking any sort of hard drugs the night of Lauren’s disappearance – if he could pass a drug test (so I’m guessing they can’t).

There haven’t been a lot of stories about “what is (was) Lauren like,” I know one came around a few days ago, but have you seen anyone close to this circle say something like “Lauren wouldn’t do coke or narcotics” or “these people weren’t into drugs?”

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81967

"June 8 — day 6
11:30 a.m. — Police confirm that they obtained security video from Smallwood during the search. The BPD wanted the footage as evidence, but Smallwood administrators asked them to obtain an official search warrant first. Lt. Parker says they were denied access into the rooms they needed to enter even after getting the warrant, so they had to force their way in."

This article is older but I had not heard that LE had to break in to security room even after a requested search warrent was produced. This was on day 6. I hope LE can determine if anything had been erased. Everything must be on those security video's, the coming and goings and the fight.

A question....Has any source every confirmed the fight at Smallwood was because they thought LS was cheating/shouldn't talk to other guys? It seems there are so many theories out there based on that being why the fight occured.
When I was in college I had tons of male friends that I'd hang out with and when I had boyfriends they never were worried by them.

I feel like the answer is from an entirely different angle. I know I have my own thoughts and that is the perspective that I view things from. I really like to see the posts that are "removed" if that makes sense.
This is just so scary for me as a parent and as someone who has lived life changing in a instant by crime...but I was blessed to survive. I hope that Lauren is out there somewhere and has that chance as well.

phantomthought said:
. . .was my response to docwho.That was not part of his/her comment.
Once again my apology's docwho.
Warm smiles to you. No problem.

I can't keep up from last night. Too much going on but I pray LS's parents will get some answers. The thought of no answer is worse than the worst answer.

I just really wish that LE would release the info on which POI passed the lie detector test... i think this case lies on the info that Lauren was last seen at 4:30 a.m. and if that can be proved or disproved would be a big deal...

i also think that LE feels that CR and MB are "accurate" in the infor they have given. Both have given DNA and both have presumably answered questions and cooperated with police

I just noticed that Lauren is wearing a bracelet or watch on her right wrist. Was this one of the objects found at Kilroy's or the alley?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that was one of the objects found.

I'm noodling the likely reason that certain PsOI were asked for DNA samples and how that plays into what we know about this sad, sad case.

It strikes me that one of LE's interview questions must have been whether or not the PsOI had sex with LS that night/morning of her disappearance. I wonder how each of them responded?

DNA samples from POIs is not going to answer that question because LE doesn't have a body.

DNA samples from POIs is not going to answer that question because LE doesn't have a body.

Yes, of course, this is true at the present.

But it seems that LE would take DNA samples in anticipation of eventually finding a body so they could then utilize those samples, along with interview answers to impeach a possible perp. No?

Are there other reasons they would take DNA samples?

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81967

"June 8 — day 6
11:30 a.m. — Police confirm that they obtained security video from Smallwood during the search. The BPD wanted the footage as evidence, but Smallwood administrators asked them to obtain an official search warrant first. Lt. Parker says they were denied access into the rooms they needed to enter even after getting the warrant, so they had to force their way in."

This article is older but I had not heard that LE had to break in to security room even after a requested search warrent was produced. This was on day 6. I hope LE can determine if anything had been erased. Everything must be on those security video's, the coming and goings and the fight.

MSM reported that Smallwood was not trying to impede the investigation but that the manager on dudy did not have the key to the room in question. Smallwood said that the person with the key was in route when the police forced their way in the room.

I just really wish that LE would release the info on which POI passed the lie detector test... i think this case lies on the info that Lauren was last seen at 4:30 a.m. and if that can be proved or disproved would be a big deal...

i also think that LE feels that CR and MB are "accurate" in the infor they have given. Both have given DNA and both have presumably answered questions and cooperated with police

I dont think LE would release such info. LE has not even released the name of the person she was seen with in the alley where she lost her keys after she left Smallwood, but I think in the report there was mention of some "activity". Right? That must be the last recorded and documented presence of LS and must hold the key to the whole case. If LE has a suspect (s) they would not want to jeopardize the case by releasing unnecessary information. They would only do so if they have enough evidence against someone.

About the watch, or bracelet - I am pretty sure I remember that during the early searches, people were being specifically asked to cover the ground inch by inch looking for jewelry- which leads me to believe that they haven't recovered the object from her wrist.

About the Lie detector result - we were told that one POI had passed. I have a strong feeling it is JR- but we have never been told who that person was. Now that is strange, because all these kids are "lawyered up" and usually the lawyer for the one who passed would be getting that info about his client out there in the public. It could be that that POI or his family is being extremely reticent to be mentioned at all in the press, but I don't think so. I think it is possible that LE does not want the rest of the POI's to know who it is so they have requested that the POI and his lawyer refrain from making their IDs public.

The reason I believe that it may be JR who passed is that if it were, then the primary suspect would have a good idea that he is indeed the primary suspect. I don't think it would matter if any of the others passed, and then we would have been told who it was.

I believe there really are only a few possibilities here - JR or JW, alone, or together, or either one with another unnamed associated POI. Either that, or a stranger.

Honestly, I have such a hard time believing that any of these kids did anything violent. And to think that unsophisticated kids like this could get their ***** together enough to dispose of a body, to not be seen on NUMEROUS surveillance cameras, and for that body to be so well hidden that no one has discovered it.... it all sounds so difficult to imagine.

But I do believe that at the very least, JW knows something or was involved, if it wasn't a stranger abduction. I think, given that JR and JW are buddies, we would have seen fireworks between them if JW believed that JR had something to do with this and was not involved himself. (like the stroy about his confrontation with CR)

As far as a stranger goes, my thinking is that LS could have collapsed and passed out, and it would have been easy pickings to scoop her up off the street. And not even look guilty doing so.

And that 3:38 Bar Manager eyewitness testimony makes me very uncomfortable since it doesn't fit the nice little time line package we have been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni