otto

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Court Time:
9:30 - 1
2:30 - 5
This live trial link should work:
http://www.wral.com/news/video/10690077/#/vid10690077

If identifying myself on the phone answering machine with family means someone (moi) has a guilty conscience, I'm in trouble. If turning off my cell phone at night means a guilty conscience, I'm in trouble. If listening to legal advice prior to speaking with police means a guilty conscience, I'm in trouble. Can we separate the innuendo from the evidence?

I wonder who the next witnesses are. The prosecution has scheduled about four weeks to present - by the looks of it. I'm guessing that the defense added on two weeks. I bet the trial will be over in four weeks and I do think that Jason has to testify to explain irregular evidence, like his head trauma searches on the computer. According to him, he came across an accident where the accident victim had head trauma. At the same time, he contemplated death and the implications ... and contacted an old flame (that's common). It all looks very bad for him, except things like the timeline, the credibility of crucial witnesses, the finnicky camera clocking, the ignored print and dna evidence ... so forth.

I wonder if one holdback question by the prosecution relates to his missing clothes and shoe purchase. Understandably his vehicle and suitcase had been seized by police within hours of his return to Raleigh ... and he needed shoes for the funeral. Was his suit in the car, did police return it in time, or did he have to buy another one? Many people commented on the fact that he wore a red tie at the funeral ... innuendo. Maybe red was their color.

Jason could clear up a lot of questions with an excuse or explanation by testifying again; possibly giving reasonable doubt, but if the prosecution asks him a question that he can't answer, he's cooked. Will he gamble and what question would cook his goose?

note from the moderator Fran/read and thank before posting in this thread:

Could I please ask you all a favor?

This is a very emotional case, I get that. Many of us saw the first trial and have our opinions already in place. Other's, didn't watch the first trial, may not have followed the case, and, or think he's innocent, they don't know yet? Take pieces of evidence differently than others.

Let's discuss the issues, the testimony. You can give your opinion, but PLEASE, respect the opposing opinions and posters. You're not going to change their mind by being snarky or angry....................you can agree to disagree and move on. If you have to, go to another forum or case until Monday when court is back in session.

I'd also like to remind you all it is against our TOS to call anyone names, demean either the victim's or accused's family. You can be angry at them, you can criticize them to an extent, but please show them some respect. AFter all, there's only one person on trial for this murder. As of now he's alleged to have murdered Michelle. We have allowed the word 'slayer' when referring to the accused, only because it was in previous legal documents on a civil matter. This is now criminal court and he's being tried. Until IF and when he's convicted, he is the defendant, or alleged killer or murderer.

The entire Young family didn't ask or plan to be put into this mess. They are just like the Fisher family, they are victims. They may show faith in their son, brother, but that is the way families often are, they can't believe their loved one would commit such a horrible crime. It's not their fault.

I'd especially like to ask all of you to please be good this weekend. This is going to probably prove to be the most difficult time in recent memory for many Websleuthers with regard to a case followed and sleuthed here. This weekend they're going to have a number of specials on the Powell family and the two children of missing Susan Powell are to be laid to rest in a televised event. We are going to have our hands full, not to mention our emotions raw. Rather than getting angry about this case, please go a light a candle for missing Susan and her two murdered little children, Bradon and Charlie. Say a special prayer now that the boys have gone to be with their mom.

Thank you for listening. Have a good weekend and we'll be back bright and early Monday. Let there be justice for Michelle.

Sincerely,
fran

Court Time:
9:30 - 1
2:30 - 5
This live trial link should work:
http://www.wral.com/news/video/10690077/#/vid10690077

If identifying myself on the phone answering machine with family means someone (moi) has a guilty conscience, I'm in trouble. If turning off my cell phone at night means a guilty conscience, I'm in trouble. If listening to legal advice prior to speaking with police means a guilty conscience, I'm in trouble. Can we separate the innuendo from the evidence?

I wonder who the next witnesses are. The prosecution has scheduled about four weeks to present - by the looks of it. I'm guessing that the defense added on two weeks. I bet the trial will be over in four weeks and I do think that Jason has to testify to explain irregular evidence, like his head trauma searches on the computer. According to him, he came across an accident where the accident victim had head trauma. At the same time, he contemplated death and the implications ... and contacted an old flame (that's common). It all looks very bad for him, except things like the timeline, the credibility of crucial witnesses, the finnicky camera clocking, the ignored print and dna evidence ... so forth.

Otto, I do believe these items you mention do shed light on a person conscious and intent of these actions. But I feel like to evaluate fairly we need to understand what was typical for JY. Did he always start his phone messages with an introduction when he called home. What is typical for me may not have been for him, and those 'out of character' expressions in words or actions do provide insight into their intent.

Otto, I do believe these items you mention do shed light on a person conscious and intent of these actions. But I feel like to evaluate fairly we need to understand what was typical for JY. Did he always start his phone messages with an introduction when he called home. What is typical for me may not have been for him, and those 'out of character' expressions in words or actions do provide insight into their intent.

Right. And if he fairly regularly cut his cell phone off at night, then there's nothing to that. If he ONLY did it the during the timeframe his wife was murdered, that's obviously worth considering. However, if there's something there the pros will introduce it - if not we could assume he did not act out of character with his phone.

Not 'family,' his wife. The one he lived with. To those of you who are married, do you announce your own name when you call your spouse? To me it would seem ridiculous. "Hi, babe, it's <insert first name of person calling>." :floorlaugh:

Not 'family,' his wife. The one he lived with. To those of you who are married, do you announce your own name when you call your spouse? To me it would seem ridiculous. "Hi, babe, it's <insert first name of person calling>." :floorlaugh:

I have a girl friend who has a habit of telling her DH "love you Honey, bye"
when she ends a call with him.

She has accidently said this me and immediately calls back embarrassed. LOL

If, as I hear he was having affairs, calling many people for sales, etc. It just may have been something he said without giving it a thought......or he was setting up an alibi of sorts. I will have to wait for more to come out.

Good Morning everyone :)

The prosecution has scheduled about four weeks to present - by the looks of it. I'm guessing that the defense added on two weeks. .

The judge said Friday the entire trial is expected to last 4 weeks.

He testified his friends loaned him clothes and shoes.
I would love to know what other clothes /shoes he bought when he decided to buy these shoes....shoes that look very similar to his missing brown Hush Puppy slip-ons.

187058-State_Exhibit_5-2-640x428.jpg

Good Morning :seeya:

Looking forward to the updates! :tyou:

I have a girl friend who has a habit of telling her DH "love you Honey, bye"
when she ends a call with him.

She has accidently said this me and immediately calls back embarrassed. LOL

If, as I hear he was having affairs, calling many people for sales, etc. It just may have been something he said without giving it a thought......or he was setting up an alibi of sorts. I will have to wait for more to come out.

Good Morning everyone :)
Good morning to you and all. I wonder how Jay identified himself when leaving a message for Meredeth? That would give us a clue..

BBM

Good morning to you and all. I wonder how Jay identified himself when leaving a message for Meredeth? That would give us a clue..

Testimony is that he hadn't called MF in about a year or so--not since she was working as their nanny. I would assume he said his name since JY calling MF was not a typical event.

And yet...3 times he called her that morning/afternoon and had his mom call too. All to get a printout about an expired auction on a leather purse, for an anniversary that had already passed by a few weeks. :rolleyes:

ETA: That may be among the strongest evidence in my mind. It's so hinky.

Testimony is that he hadn't called MF in about a year or so--not since she was working as their nanny. I would assume he said his name since JY calling MF was not a typical event.

And yet...3 times he called her that morning/afternoon and had his mom call too. All to get a printout about an expired auction on a leather purse, for an anniversary that had already passed by a few weeks. :rolleyes:

Very hinky in my eyes. Especially having his mom call MF too.

ETA: That may be among the strongest evidence in my mind. It's so hinky.

Yes, but didn't he talk to her while eating at the CB about the conversation he overheard where Michelle had said he threw the TV control at her? That was just hours before he began calling her about the printout.

Yes, but didn't he talk to her while eating at the CB about the conversation he overheard where Michelle had said he threw the TV control at her? That was just hours before he began calling her about the printout.

Good point. That started the chain of weird calls. So now that's 4 times JY called MF in less than 24 hrs. Something he had never done.

for those not able to watch:
they are doing background on the CSI detective and he is now talking about his call to the Young home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer