GUILTY LA - Jimmie Dixon stabs ex-wife & 2yo daughter on I-110, 22 Sept 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

A man repeatedly stabbed his toddler and estranged wife along an interstate while horrified people watched from their cars in rush-hour traffic Friday night, police and witnesses said.

The 2-year-old girl was in a car with her parents when her father started stabbing his wife with a kitchen knife along Interstate 110 near the Governor's Mansion, said Cpl. L'Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge Police spokesman.

When the 26-year-old woman got out and ran for help from an East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputy in squad car just ahead of them, her husband stabbed his daughter, McKneely said.

'He kept stabbing her until the knife was stuck in her head,' witness Gloria Spears told WAFB-TV.

Thank you posting this DK. The stories just keep getting worse and worse. Everyday there is a new one. My prayers are with this mother and her child.

Yet another case where you just have to ask 'what is the world coming too'?There are so many angry , violent people around.What is causing these things to happen?

kazzbar said:
Yet another case where you just have to ask 'what is the world coming too'?There are so many angry , violent people around.What is causing these things to happen?
Scary isn't it?

Shadow205 said:
Scary isn't it?
It is. You know it just seems to me that people are getting angrier and angrier. Very stressed out and short fused.Could it be to do with the 'pace' of life today and the constant need to have everything we want ? Without thinking of consequences. Or maybe it is the price of a society where drugs and alcohol are so easily gotten.people miss out on s the small joys of life. Just a theory!:confused: :confused:

And he was apologizing and shouting for help from the overturned car? Well, I'd have let him "hang around" awhile...probably until that cold day in h--- comes.

There was a time in my life when I'd hear people going on about "the end of the world" and think it wouldn't happen in my lifetime. Now I tend to think we're hurtling toward something catastrophic.

Malapoo said:
There was a time in my life when I'd hear people going on about "the end of the world" and think it wouldn't happen in my lifetime. Now I tend to think we're hurtling toward something catastrophic.
Yes, I often feel the same way. But then all of a sudden you hear a story that restores faith in humanity or you see someone being kind and things do not seem so bad. The world needs something 'good' to happen.

julianne said:
OMG.

Is there no love left in this world?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have a feeling this one was because she left him...that's often the case.

kazzbar said:
I know, i am getting to the point that i don't even want to visit WS anymore, i can't take anymore of these stories. I waould like to stick my head in the sand. But WS is what helps me be aware and better mother. It lets me know how thing really are. Stabbing the daughter in the head, punching a child in the face b/c of a video game malfunction. It scares me so much that i never want to send my children out into the world.

kazzbar said:
Yes, I often feel the same way. But then all of a sudden you hear a story that restores faith in humanity or you see someone being kind and things do not seem so bad. The world needs something 'good' to happen.
Kazzbar-
thanks for that comment- just when I start thing how rotten people can be- you are right- something good does happen, and as we have said a million times- the good outways the bad I hope in my heart--it just doesnt make the news like the horrific stuff does-

2sisters said:
I know, i am getting to the point that i don't even want to visit WS anymore, i can't take anymore of these stories. I waould like to stick my head in the sand. But WS is what helps me be aware and better mother. It lets me know how thing really are. Stabbing the daughter in the head, punching a child in the face b/c of a video game malfunction. It scares me so much that i never want to send my children out into the world.
2s-- I know what you mean! there are alot of links i just cant bting myself to read- sometimes i wont even open the thread..

kazzbar said:
Always, always, always remember, that the news, and in particular the Internet, and even this site, means we are hearing the worst of the worst of what happens from all around the world. Many billions of people, almost all of them living in peace, good parents, good husbands, good people - but the news doesn't report about them (not enough space in the newspapers even if they were expanded several thousand times!). They report about the bad stuff, as they are supposed to do - but remember how many other people there are.

Sad, horrible cases, and we need to always work to have fewer of them, to find out why, and try to prevent them from happening - but when it gets you down, remember that these people are not the majority, not anything more than a slender edge of a percent of all the wonderful people out there.

We probably need to bounce back & forth between sad stories and the news that makes you smile:) Yes, thank goodness there are still Angels walking this earth.

This is one reason I don't mind the celeb threads.

After reading all of the very serious heartbreaking things..
Reading of Brittany's latest moronic move or Jessica's idiot father seems like light handed fluff. Its a nice mindless break from the real issues of the day.
The cooking, pet, game and Jury room forums also usually have a little lift.

I don't think that people are more violent now then in the past.
I think there are more people and more access to world events and more laws about violence then there ever was in the past.

People have treated each other like crap since the beginning of time.

Details said:
Always, always, always remember, that the news, and in particular the Internet, and even this site, means we are hearing the worst of the worst of what happens from all around the world. Many billions of people, almost all of them living in peace, good parents, good husbands, good people - but the news doesn't report about them (not enough space in the newspapers even if they were expanded several thousand times!). They report about the bad stuff, as they are supposed to do - but remember how many other people there are.

Sad, horrible cases, and we need to always work to have fewer of them, to find out why, and try to prevent them from happening - but when it gets you down, remember that these people are not the majority, not anything more than a slender edge of a percent of all the wonderful people out there.
fabulous post------------:blowkiss:

Amraann said:
This is one reason I don't mind the celeb threads.

After reading all of the very serious heartbreaking things..
Reading of Brittany's latest moronic move or Jessica's idiot father seems like light handed fluff. Its a nice mindless break from the real issues of the day.
The cooking, pet, game and Jury room forums also usually have a little lift.

I don't think that people are more violent now then in the past.
I think there are more people and more access to world events and more laws about violence then there ever was in the past.

People have treated each other like crap since the beginning of time.
Ditto!

Details said:

Excellent post. Reminds me of this quote:

"I know that even though it feels like we`re surrounded by these creeps. I`ve got a message for them. We`re not surrounded. You`re surrounded by us. And we`ve had enough of you. The country is finally waking up to the fact that you`re in our community with us, and we want it to stop now. " Glenn Beck

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back