PA PA - Tinicum Marsh Murders in Chester, early 1970s

Wow! I am from this area of PA and never heard of the Warlocks, but I am familiar with the Johnsons. I grew up in the town they terrorized and my uncle went to school with Robin, Bruce's gf. To this day, they have no idea where that girl is buried. And even though Bruce is in witness protection, it is common knowledge where he is living.

Anyway, are the warlocks still active? Why did they end up becoming a mainstay in that area? How many girls were killed?

Thanks for the Wiki link. Odd that they don't mention the Chester kiillings

A 21-Mar-1982 article in the Delaware County Sunday Times details the disappearance of Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone, and indicates that she is believed to have been murdered by members of the Warlocks. According to police informants, her body was buried in Tinicum Marsh.

Her Charley Project page is at the following link:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/i/iacovone_cheryl.html

The Delaware County Sunday Times article is not available online. It can only be accessed on microfilm at the Widener University Library.

In addition to Iacovone, the article cites five young women murdered by members of the Warlocks during the 1970's.

* Elizabeth Lande, 21, of Overbrook, who disappeared in Dec'71 and whose body has never been found. Warlocks official Robert Nauss Jr. of Aston was convicted of Lande's murder. Her Charley Project page is at the following link:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lande_elizabeth.html

* Jean Delozier, 19, of Collingdale, who disappeared Aug'75 and found dead in the Tinicum Marsh in Jan'76.

* Denise Seaman, 17, of Colwyn, who disappeared Apr'75 and found dead in the Tinicum Marsh in Oct'75.

* Mary Ann Lees , 15, and Dorothy Spicer, 16, of Upper Darby, who were both shot to death in Mar'75 and found in the Schuylkill River.

A 21-Mar-1982 article in the Delaware County Sunday Times details the disappearance of Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone, and indicates that she is believed to have been murdered by members of the Warlocks. According to police informants, her body was buried in Tinicum Marsh.

Her Charley Project page is at the following link:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/i/iacovone_cheryl.html

The Delaware County Sunday Times article is not available online. It can only be accessed on microfilm at the Widener University Library.

In addition to Iacovone, the article cites five young women murdered by members of the Warlocks during the 1970's.

* Elizabeth Lande, 21, of Overbrook, who disappeared in Dec'71 and whose body has never been found. Warlocks official Robert Nauss Jr. of Aston was convicted of Lande's murder. Her Charley Project page is at the following link:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lande_elizabeth.html

* Jean Delozier, 19, of Collingdale, who disappeared Aug'75 and found dead in the Tinicum Marsh in Jan'76.

* Denise Seaman, 17, of Colwyn, who disappeared Apr'75 and found dead in the Tinicum Marsh in Oct'75.

* Mary Ann Lees , 15, and Dorothy Spicer, 16, of Upper Darby, who were both shot to death in Mar'75 and found in the Schuylkill River.

I placed a comment a little while ago on thread Case 485ufpda. I did-not post her name but Elizabeth Lande is the person I was referring to. I wanted to see if the place where the photos were found in the hanger in 69 was known to be a hangout for the Warlocks.

I am from near this area, and remember when I lived in Philly, not far from Tinicum, how the Warlocks were rumored to hang around the local cemetery. As kids, we were scared to go near the cemetery. I haven't heard much about the Warlocks for years.

Wrote magazine article about that case for True Detective magazine back in the '90s. Article you posted named Paul Schneider & Bill Davis working on the case. Paul & Bill are key characters in my book Born to Be Wild about the Warlocks. In fact, Bill & his partner George Ellis broke the case.

Very good information. I don't consider the Passyunk Ave Bridge as part of the Tinicum marshes, but it has always been a seedy area (strip clubs nearby) , near the oil refineries.

Yes - The Warlocks. Do you remember in the early-mid 70s, they had a house in Folcroft or Ridley TWP. that young peeps went to for crazy parties? The house had a name - I can't remember it anymore. But, girls started missing and they found some bodies in the Tinicum Marsh. I grew up in another part of Pennsylvania, but I remember hearing about these parties. Thank goodness I never attended.

I'm thinking about a possible connection between these parties and Beth Doe - it's a stretch, but who knows?

I know this is a very old post but the Outlaw MC affiliated with this area are the Pagan MC. The Pagans had a house in Delco-"The Castle", you can read about it here:
http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20110603/NEWS/306039980
In addition, The Pagans headquarters were in Delco-Marcus Hook, PA -before they moved to Long Island. There is still a strong presence in Marcus Hook and Delco though. Although the warlocks were responsible for the Tinicum Marsh murders, The Pagans were rumored to have killed many young women and girls during their hellish reign of the area. They got away with so much because the cops (marcus Hook) were on their payroll.

There is a book called Born To Be Wild detailing the disappearances and murders of several women in Delaware County in the mid 70's related to Bobby Nauss and the Warlocks. I don't remember the authors name.

1975 News Article:

PHILADELPHIA, April 1 (UPI)—The bodies of two teenage shooting victims were pulled from the Schuylkill River in southwest Philadelphia today. The victims were Layne Dorothy Spicer, 16 years old, and Mary Ann Lees, 15, both neighbors and students at upper Darby High School in suburban Philadelphia.

LINK:

Girls' Bodies Found in River

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow