POLL: Did Jodi Arias take the stand because she wanted to?

Why did Jodi Arias take the stand in her defense

• She demanded it.

Votes: 349 70.9%
  • Her lawyer asked her to do it.

Votes: 17 3.5%
  • A combination of both.

Votes: 126 25.6%

• Total voters
She had to and wanted to! She needed to say there was domestic violence before Samuels and Alyce could say their was.

She pretty much had to take the stand because it was a "self-defense" defense and she had to tell all of her lies before her expert witnesses could take the stand and "align" with her. This was not an unexpected thing or a surprise ... IMO

I just voted that she demanded it because she is the master manipulator and figured she could convince some jurors that she was poor little abused person. It didn't work.

She convinced at least one that she was abused by Travis.

She had talked and flirted herself out of so many messes in the past I have no doubt she wanted to testify and was sure the jury would believe her. But the truth is, she had to. It was the only way to support her BS story of Travis 'attacking her', since there's less than zero evidence to that.

Does self defense require taking the stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does self defense require taking the stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self defense plea puts the burden on the defendant to prove, I believe. JA did not have to take the stand but if I were her attorneys I would not keep her on there for 8 days. One day is enough. After the first day the jury gets wise to her act. jmo

It seems like there are select groups of people and also, individuals whom she can deceive successfully. Other inmates would be such a group. Her parents were sometimes fooled by her, sometimes not, when she was growing up. She was very far from being a master sales persuader for legal insurance, therefore unconvincing in the judgment of prospects. Brewer was obviously taken in. We can't count her web supporters because they are not directly in person exposed to her; instead they throw projections onto her. None of the media interviewers succumbed to her lies and postures. The Mesa social circle thought her a real dodgy, dubious character, only they would have said barnacle, stalker, Kling-on. She sees these reactions and, as you say, her narcissism tells her the odds are in her favor. So she pushes in, to perform.

In the pursuit of justice, the alliance of ALaV with Jodi Arias combined and produced poisonous chemistry. I think LaV introduced the murderer to the notion that, while charged as perpetrator, she was actually the victim here. Examining this idea, Arias inhaled enormous relief. Together they fashioned the huge and stupefying chimera of Jodi the Victim. It was huge because it consumed a great deal of court time and argument. Plus it captured the Arias army of supporters. The jurors and the public were subject to daily assertions of abuse against Arias and instruction from a domestic violence counselor on what we were to believe in general about such mistreatment. There was no evidence of abuse, just assertions. The huge chimera had no substance but there it loomed, there it hung in the air of the courtroom, due to the time and energy devoted to its creation by LaV and Arias. In the sentencing trial to come, Arias will rely on this fabrication whether she defends herself or gives the allocution. I truly believe, but for her union with ALaV, the murderer would have taken another route~maybe a lapse in conscious control, maybe mental defect, maybe adherence to some lie. But she was introduced to ALaV and her victimhood is now a micro-industry.

In the pursuit of justice, the alliance of ALaV with Jodi Arias combined and produced poisonous chemistry. I think LaV introduced the murderer to the notion that, while charged as perpetrator, she was actually the victim here. Examining this idea, Arias inhaled enormous relief. Together they fashioned the huge and stupefying chimera of Jodi the Victim. It was huge because it consumed a great deal of court time and argument. Plus it captured the Arias army of supporters. The jurors and the public were subject to daily assertions of abuse against Arias and instruction from a domestic violence counselor on what we were to believe in general about such mistreatment. There was no evidence of abuse, just assertions. The huge chimera had no substance but there it loomed, there it hung in the air of the courtroom, due to the time and energy devoted to its creation by LaV and Arias. In the sentencing trial to come, Arias will rely on this fabrication whether she defends herself or gives the allocution. I truly believe, but for her union with ALaV, the murderer would have taken another route~maybe a lapse in conscious control, maybe mental defect, maybe adherence to some lie. But she was introduced to ALaV and her victimhood is now a micro-industry.

As always Tuba, your remarks are stunningly accurate. Love reading your posts.

When all is said & done between Arias and Nurmi, will she appreciate his refusal to go forward with the masked intruder account of June 4? He convinced her that the Ninja story didn't pass the horse laugh test. She was still putting it out there, even in the testing by Dr. Samuels. Or is it even possible she regrets abandoning that fable? The killer found it sound enough for t.v., remembering her early interviews. That she thought adults would buy it is more proof that she not only holds an exalted opinion of herself but grossly underestimates other people. To the point of insult. There is some irony in the history of her relations with Nurmi. When he was being relieved of her case, she wrote a long protest to the judge. She begged to have him retained as the only attorney who had requisite familiarity with the facts and problems. She succeeded in keeping him but at least as early as last year, urgently wants shut of him. Now that she is acting in pro per, her impaired judgment of herself and others will lead her into traps and pitfalls. But she has run out of time and run out of room and there are no do-overs now.

When all is said & done between Arias and Nurmi, will she appreciate his refusal to go forward with the masked intruder account of June 4? He convinced her that the Ninja story didn't pass the horse laugh test. She was still putting it out there, even in the testing by Dr. Samuels. Or is it even possible she regrets abandoning that fable? The killer found it sound enough for t.v., remembering her early interviews. That she thought adults would buy it is more proof that she not only holds an exalted opinion of herself but grossly underestimates other people. To the point of insult. There is some irony in the history of her relations with Nurmi. When he was being relieved of her case, she wrote a long protest to the judge. She begged to have him retained as the only attorney who had requisite familiarity with the facts and problems. She succeeded in keeping him but at least as early as last year, urgently wants shut of him. Now that she is acting in pro per, her impaired judgment of herself and others will lead her into traps and pitfalls. But she has run out of time and run out of room and there are no do-overs now.

Tuba, I sure hope you are right. Don't know how much more JSS can give the killer.

Is prisoner-counselor going to put out the same mitigators for the new jury's consideration? Her age, lack of criminal past, effort to improve herself & make the best of her life, her talent as an artist, her lack of family support & abuse suffered as a child along with neglect, abuse she knew as an adult, the fact she is a good friend.
A litany of assertions that remain to this day unsubstantiated. As we were reminded in Sidebar, perhaps she has more influence by representing Pathos. Just so mild mannered, generous of heart & hair, wistful and pathetic.

Is prisoner-counselor going to put out the same mitigators for the new jury's consideration? Her age, lack of criminal past, effort to improve herself & make the best of her life, her talent as an artist, her lack of family support & abuse suffered as a child along with neglect, abuse she knew as an adult, the fact she is a good friend.
A litany of assertions that remain to this day unsubstantiated. As we were reminded in Sidebar, perhaps she has more influence by representing Pathos. Just so mild mannered, generous of heart & hair, wistful and pathetic.

Don't forget the recycling program
She wants to start and all that hair growing and donating she planning....

I think you may well be right about LaV giving her the vocabulary of victim. But I also believe CMJA latched onto the idea so readily and completely because she already thought of herself as the victim.

IMO she saw it as self defense because T was going to unmask her to friends and family. He abused her by not exalting in their relationship publically, and by not marrying her after all the work she had invested in manipulating him. If he had just done what she wanted he would be alive. Its not her fault, dontcha know?

Had they gone mental illness, I could almost buy a jury member or two buying self defense. Now hear me out. I would never ever say no not guilty. But I would buy insane or a severe break with reality that caused her to have a manic state and plan the murder and kill Travis, believing she was protecting herself. Mostly because of the overkill, the insane planning, and lies. I'm shocked severe mental illness wasn't their excuse, and they went the route of domestic violence. I think that's more so Jodi's own concietedness.

BBM

I am really starting to wonder about someone that I know, because this person is like JA in that they expect you to believe what they say no matter how incongruous, and they are so indignant if you don't. I bet she still thinks it was a brilliant story, and thinks it could have explained the bloody handprint on wall and so on. She is a narcissist and she won't (can't) see any mistakes she made. I don't think she sees how she was caught lying on stand and instead sees a bully that twisted things to fit his version. She can't lose or be proven wrong in her mind and that is evident by the way she sticks with all of her stories, instead of admitting she lied when caught. So yes, I think she is convinced that ANYTHING she has ever said should work. I think she really believes she has more supporters and believers than she actually does, because narcissists see what they believe. They look into the mirror when they are 70 years old and see a 20 year old. Her smugness and obvious "hope" shows me that she sees her trial and what happened during that trial as successful in some way, despite the conviction. Narcissists are perfect, make no mistakes (all mistakes are someone else's) and the one I know believes that everyone loves them, wants them, jealous of them, and they just don't seem to hear what is really said, and they turn it around in their head. JA really reminds me of the person I know in so many ways except as far as I know my person hasn't murdered.

I am going to get lamb basted here. Have not read the countless pages, if Ms Flores did what she is accused of doing. Shame on her, that is one of the most stupid things she could have done. I am married to a police officer and he comes home to tell me about his day, it is a very hard job, and they do have to vent. If you think they leave their job and not talk about the horrific things they have seen is a huge misconception.

He did tell her and she babbled on SM.
That is so wrong.
I can tell you numerous stories, that you would not believe but I would never do that to my husband. What he tells me is always kept in the strict of confidence.

Ms. Flores should have done the same.

Also I absolutely despise her. This should have been done last year.
But if I was fighting the death penalty, I would do absolutely everything in my power to fight it.
We all know she killed Travis in a totally disgusting way.
But it is miss Stabbies right to defend herself from getting the death penalty.

If anyone on here faced the death penalty, would you yes that's okay I am willing to die.
Absolutely not, we would fight for our life.

That is all she is doing.

She killed Travis, no doubt.
But now she is trying to save her life. Really doesn't make a lot of sense, but I cannot image anyone there that would not do same.

I would defend myself, assuming there were true excuses or reasons for my actions - that's what the law provides for the defendant. But I wouldn't be on TV telling ridiculous lies and continue to deny everything, despite the evidence, for years. At trial I would have enough respect for myself, my family, my victim and my victim's family to not lie about the relationship or misrepresent the person that he was. I certainly wouldn’t be putting my disgusting sexual life out there for the world to hear/see. No, she's not only trying to save her life, she's enjoying the attention while continuing to seek revenge on her victim, his friends and his family. That is not defense, that's evil and twisted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back