SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night, Kensie.

I'm here, but feeling shy tonight. YoN.

Evening, gcharlie :seeya:
I'm going to have to go, too. I stubbed my toes on my computer desk and they're starting to swell. I need to put some ice on them and put my leg up.
I'm getting clumsy in my old age :floorlaugh:
Goodnight, gcharlie :seeya:

Delaware is home to Tax Free Shopping. It is on the sign as you cross the borders into this state. LOL. no tax on food, clothes, restaurants, nothing. People come in from PA, MD, NJ to shop here. Whenever I order something delivered here, there is no tax which is helpful.

i drive from philly to the big wine store in delaware all the time! did i mention my mom went to UDEL so we have a university of delaware blue hen christmas ornament? i love delaware!

Does anyone think there will be a plea deal? I just came on so havent read any other pages. HLN was talking all day about this. I dont think they really have any idea what is going on. They are forever asking people to call in for this and that. I think they are just trying to get an idea how many people are tuning in!
On tax..Ohio is 7.5 just went up. No tax on food shopping except the usual, paper products,pop, soap,bleach, etc..if you eat in a restaurant tax~ take out none. We have fed. state. city. Sales tax on clothes,cars, boats,furniture, none on prescription meds, OTC tax. Stamps will no doubt go to .50 very soon. Christmas cards are going out the window except for out of State.
I went out for supper toonight , had a nice fish dinner. The piece of fish was huge!! I swear it was 12" long. Cod fish I think very tasty not at all fishy! :seeya:

Evening, gcharlie :seeya:
I'm going to have to go, too. I stubbed my toes on my computer desk and they're starting to swell. I need to put some ice on them and put my leg up.
I'm getting clumsy in my old age :floorlaugh:
Goodnight, gcharlie :seeya:

I'm glad to see you can laugh about it, but toe-stubbing is quite painful, and must have been pretty bad for them to swell. Ouch! Ice, yes. Elevate foot, yes. So take care of your footsies YorN, and BTW, you're a really good sport. :seeya:

I was thinking about missy :jail: today and can't imagine what she must be thinking- sitting, alone, in her jail cell. But then I remember that she has a depraved indifference to human life and she has, in her mind, completely absolved herself of any responsibility in the death of Travis.
Maybe she thinks by reading she will "evolve" into a better, "nay"! :floorlaugh: an authentic person (or at least to appear to) and her twits :facepalm: will show that to the world. Pftttttttttttttt. What do I know, anyway. I'm not a murderer or a psycho and can't understand her. I personally think she is stupid- even with the high IQ. She made a mess of her life and everyone involved with her. :stormingmad:

----------
She doesn't have common sense. If one doesn't have that they are nothing. They cannot solve the smallest problem. :seeya:

Is there a closed hearing today or something, I'm sure I was reading about it but I swear I am loosing brain cells through my foot. :floorlaugh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Is there a closed hearing today or something, I'm sure I was reading about it but I swear I am loosing brain cells through my foot. :floorlaugh:

Josie, there is an evidentiary hearing on the case calendar today and media outlets are reporting that it is a closed hearing.

Curious to have an evidentiary hearing this late in the game. There is no way of knowing whether it this evidence pertains to the penalty phase or the previously decided phases, but it does not make logical sense to me that it would pertain to the guilt or aggravation phases.

How is your ankle these days?

Josie, there is an evidentiary hearing on the case calendar today and media outlets are reporting that it is a closed hearing.

Curious to have an evidentiary hearing this late in the game. There is no way of knowing whether it this evidence pertains to the penalty phase or the previously decided phases, but it does not make logical sense to me that it would pertain to the guilt or aggravation phases.

How is your ankle these days?

i went and looked at the court entries once i woke up a bit and was confused by the evidentiary hearing. hope we get a hint of what it is about.

its fine,still sore still stuck in this boot for at least another 3 weeks and then back to hospital for a scan then who knows what. but they made me do a few steps without it on at the hospital and i have a jelly leg :floorlaugh::facepalm:

i went and looked at the court entries once i woke up a bit and was confused by the evidentiary hearing. hope we get a hint of what it is about.

its fine,still sore still stuck in this boot for at least another 3 weeks and then back to hospital for a scan then who knows what. but they made me do a few steps without it on at the hospital and i have a jelly leg :floorlaugh::facepalm:

It's to address the motions Nurmi filed. Change of venue, something to do with their "expert", Dr. Karp (we inadvertently saw the motion that was to be filed under seal), among other things. I assume it is sealed because the motion about Dr. Karp is sealed.

sorry about your ankle. ouch!

I really don't think they should be sealing these hearings at all. this is censorship.

UGH no live trials right now at ALL! EGADS! :THUD:

It's to address the motions Nurmi filed. Change of venue, something to do with their "expert", Dr. Karp (we inadvertently saw the motion that was to be filed under seal), among other things. I assume it is sealed because the motion about Dr. Karp is sealed.

sorry about your ankle. ouch!

I always read her name is 'krap' :floorlaugh:

I always read her name is 'krap' :floorlaugh:

I think she's supposed to be the "anti-alyce"... :floorlaugh: Jodi lied to her even more than poor Alyce. Should be fun to see her against Juan. Something made her resign in the first trial, forcing Alyce up to bat. I would sure like to know what that was.

I think she's supposed to be the "anti-alyce"... :floorlaugh: Jodi lied to her even more than poor Alyce. Should be fun to see her against Juan. Something made her resign in the first trial, forcing Alyce up to bat. I would sure like to know what that was.

There are so many things I'd like to know-maybe when miss thing is sentenced and locked away more will be available to us.

"...forcing Alyce up to bat." :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Waahhh!

I did not know that this person resigned earlier. Do you have any information about that?

She must be smarter than Alyce, obviously. She probably didn't want to risk her professional reputation.

I need to gather my thoughts here...they are all over the place regarding the penalty phase and CMJA in prison.

For as much as the DT likes to comment on the circus atmosphere surrounding this trial, while there has been extensive media coverage of the trial itself, there has been surprising little peripheral information.In other words, no side shows that one would expect with a circus. CMJA has been in Estrella Jail for more than five years now, yet there are few first hand accounts from former inmates. In five years, plenty of people in jail have encountered her. When Troy Hayden did his piece, her supposed pod-mates help up signs of support and comments were made about what a sweet person she was. HLN did a more in-depth series "Behind Bars" with Nancy Grace and few if any would comment on CMJA...at most it was meh. I have seen one rumor where she told a fellow jail mate that she had chopped up Travis's body?

The women that Nancy Grace interviewed basically had no tolerance for people claiming innocence when they were not. CMJA's story has holes so big in it that you can walk right through them, so I would expect that will be a huge strike against her in gen pop, when or if she gets there. If she does get life, she will still be placed in solitary for a number of years, according to Carl ToersBijns, who has a series of videos on YouTube.

KatieCoolLady is a proponent of what she calls "Life Row" or solitary confinement for life. I think that is what many would like to see for her.

I commented earlier this summer how time in closed custody does not seem to have had any positive influence on CMJA's attitudes or behavior and this continues to be the case. Her tweets over the past few days are taunting and she continues to play the victim. I'm especially concerned with a comment made on the FB page used by her family as an official source of information. A post from yesterday ends with "Things are moving slowly right now. Be patient. S*** will hit the fan soon!" We've seen enough lies and ugliness from this woman. I truly hope that she is not planning to escalate things even more, yet this is well within her character.

Maybe the new jury will include a psychologist who will act as foreperson and expose CMJA for who she is and what she has done, baring all of her lies and deceptions.

Regarding Estrella Jail: It's the county jail, as we know. Pink underwear, etc.. Most of the people who land there aren't very bright, so to me, their opinions don't matter much--and yes, I saw the interview with the inmate who insisted that JA chopped Travis' body into pieces. :facepalm:

Estrella Jail, from what I've gathered, is hardly "hard time." Yes, JA spends a lot of time in her cell in closed custody, but she's still working on her trial, or thinks she is. She gets out for conferences, hearings, etc.. and probably spends the rest of her time lying on her bed, reading and responding to postcards from deluded people (or very lonely men). She no doubt takes advantage of the other allotted time she is out of her cell to tell whatever crazy character might be tweeting for her what to say. And so her soap opera life goes on in Estrella Jail--not PRISON.

I, too, wish there were such a thing as Life Row. There seems to be such a difference between Death Row and the next level down (Level Five?). But in any case, Perryville Prison is not Estrella Jail, and once this trial is over, life will be very different for JA, whether she gets the DP or not.

As for that comment on Auntie Sue's FB page (Arias Family), I had to shake my head when I read it. JA is a convicted murderer with nothing to offer regarding a plea deal, even if the state agreed to one. That comment sounded so sad and desperate.

Yeah, the chit's really going to hit the fan now, uh-huh! :facepalm:

Regarding Estrella Jail: It's the county jail, as we know. Pink underwear, etc.. Most of the people who land there aren't very bright, so to me, their opinions don't matter much--and yes, I saw the interview with the inmate who insisted that JA chopped Travis' body into pieces. :facepalm:

Estrella Jail, from what I've gathered, is hardly "hard time." Yes, JA spends a lot of time in her cell in closed custody, but she's still working on her trial, or thinks she is. She gets out for conferences, hearings, etc.. and probably spends the rest of her time lying on her bed, reading and responding to postcards from deluded people (or very lonely men). She no doubt takes advantage of the other allotted time she is out of her cell to tell whatever crazy character might be tweeting for her what to say. And so her soap opera life goes on in Estrella Jail--not PRISON.

I, too, wish there were such a thing as Life Row. There seems to be such a difference between Death Row and the next level down (Level Five?). But in any case, Perryville Prison is not Estrella Jail, and once this trial is over, life will be very different for JA, whether she gets the DP or not.

As for that comment on Auntie Sue's FB page (Arias Family), I had to shake my head when I read it. JA is a convicted murderer with nothing to offer regarding a plea deal, even if the state agreed to one. That comment sounded so sad and desperate.

Yeah, the chit's really going to hit the fan now, uh-huh! :facepalm:

Where is her FB page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members