SIDEBAR #20- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Watched Auburn beat the Aggies. Now I am watching Alabama crush Arkansas. Actually did some shopping in actual stores today. I am wiped out. Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

love college football! im a proud psu alum (please no hate my way) and cheer on our team every weekend, we play Ohio state next weekend which should be interesting. my husband is an OSU fan as well as his whole family. this halloween my 10 month old is being the nittany lion and my 2 year old an ohio state cheerleader..should make an interesting christmas card!

also, im so happy A&M lost, that Johnny Manziel aka "Johnny Football" is a real head case imo!

Happy Saturday everyone! Haven't had a chance to read in awhile, hope everyone is doing ok.

I've been in the hospital since late Wed night with this pneumonia. Think i overdid it by going to work on Wednesday. Lots of IV antibiotics and fluids, my white counts are still really high though i guess. Hopefully i can go home tomorrow. It's impossible to sleep in this place! People waking me up all hours of the night.

Anyway, love to all and wanted to say hello.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

omg i hope your feeling better. sleeping in the hospital is the worst. i had to stay there for 4 nights after my c section and I honestly thought I was going to lose my mind! thank god for my ipad. There's just no way to get comfy in those beds (at least for me b/c i was in severe pain) but still, they come in to check so often ugh. i hope you can go home soon!

speaking of hospitals and ER's, I need some advice. For the past 3 days, I have been getting bad headaches off and on. The first sign one is coming is I lose vision/and have dots and weird stuff (i believe the medical term is "auras") and its only in my right eye. Then, like clock work, my right hand and then arm go numb, then my lips and right side of my face go numb. Apparently this is common with some migraines. My Primary physician, who I haven't seen in forever always just told me to take aleve or excedrine migraine. I'm in the process of switching primaries b/c i still go to the one i've gone too since i was 16 and I'm now 28 so I think its time for a dr that specializes in adults lol..

anyway, i've never had the migraines so bad, i realize it is prob due to my hormones plummeting but it's really scary, especially with the numbness, and i have never had an MRI to see if anything else is wrong. I have the number for a great neurologist that I'm going to call tmw but in the mean time I'm wondering if I should at least go to the ER if I get another one today, or just go and tell them I'm having one so I can have a full work up and MRI before I go to the neurologist. I'm really not one for abusing the ER system, I think thats part of the problem with our healthcare system, but yesterday when I called my primary in the midst of the headache/numbness, she told me to go to the ER. I couldn't at the time b/c i couldn't get a hold of anyone to watch the kids so my husband could drive me and i don't want my kids in the ER for obvious reasons. Do you think this is completely ridiculous of me to go to the ER for this, or should I wait for an appointment with a neurologist?

speaking of hospitals and ER's, I need some advice. For the past 3 days, I have been getting bad headaches off and on. The first sign one is coming is I lose vision/and have dots and weird stuff (i believe the medical term is "auras") and its only in my right eye. Then, like clock work, my right hand and then arm go numb, then my lips and right side of my face go numb. Apparently this is common with some migraines. My Primary physician, who I haven't seen in forever always just told me to take aleve or excedrine migraine. I'm in the process of switching primaries b/c i still go to the one i've gone too since i was 16 and I'm now 28 so I think its time for a dr that specializes in adults lol..

anyway, i've never had the migraines so bad, i realize it is prob due to my hormones plummeting but it's really scary, especially with the numbness, and i have never had an MRI to see if anything else is wrong. I have the number for a great neurologist that I'm going to call tmw but in the mean time I'm wondering if I should at least go to the ER if I get another one today, or just go and tell them I'm having one so I can have a full work up and MRI before I go to the neurologist. I'm really not one for abusing the ER system, I think thats part of the problem with our healthcare system, but yesterday when I called my primary in the midst of the headache/numbness, she told me to go to the ER. I couldn't at the time b/c i couldn't get a hold of anyone to watch the kids so my husband could drive me and i don't want my kids in the ER for obvious reasons. Do you think this is completely ridiculous of me to go to the ER for this, or should I wait for an appointment with a neurologist?

Your symptoms can also be a sign of a stroke, which is why it your primary recommend that you go to the ER.

If it were me, I would go to the ER just to make sure. They will most likely do an MRI, which might speed things up for you in terms of getting in to see a neurologist for follow-up.

Your symptoms can also be a sign of a stroke, which is why it your primary recommend that you go to the ER.

If it were me, I would go to the ER just to make sure. They will most likely do an MRI, which might speed things up for you in terms of getting in to see a neurologist for follow-up.

thats what i was thinking. the neurologist i'm going to schedule with is located in the same hospital i would be going to the ER at and so it would be easy for him to get my MRI results. There are 4 doctors in their practice and they are accepting new patients. Then i wouldn't have to wait for the whole pre-cert from my insurance for an MRI, he'd have the results at my first appointment. Either way, I think a neurologist is best to handle migraines like mine.

i called my friend who's an ER nurse at another hospital and she told me if i go, to go during the eagles-cowboys game today bc it won't be crowded as everyone will be watching the game, priorities i guess lol. i also think, if i go in, tell them my primary told me to come, and let them know that I have a neurologist im calling tmw AM thats part of their health system they will take me seriously. I was also advised by my nurse friend that depending on the doc and how i describe my symptoms and what my bloodwork says i might end up getting a spinal tap

thats what i was thinking. the neurologist i'm going to schedule with is located in the same hospital i would be going to the ER at and so it would be easy for him to get my MRI results. There are 4 doctors in their practice and they are accepting new patients. Then i wouldn't have to wait for the whole pre-cert from my insurance for an MRI, he'd have the results at my first appointment. Either way, I think a neurologist is best to handle migraines like mine.

i called my friend who's an ER nurse at another hospital and she told me if i go, to go during the eagles-cowboys game today bc it won't be crowded as everyone will be watching the game, priorities i guess lol. i also think, if i go in, tell them my primary told me to come, and let them know that I have a neurologist im calling tmw AM thats part of their health system they will take me seriously. I was also advised by my nurse friend that depending on the doc and how i describe my symptoms and what my bloodwork says i might end up getting a spinal tap

If you've noticed any stiffness in your neck - you really should have a CT scan. I had all the same symptoms you've described & about 3 yrs ago had a TIA (transient ischemic attach) - sort of like a mild stroke. Went to the hospital & they did MRI, CT scan, etc and found that I have 2 brain aneurysms on the carotid artery - 1 within the brain behind my right eye & 1 outside the brain lower in my neck. Serious stuff. I learned that about 20% of the population has brain aneurysms but aren't aware of them until they rupture which can be very deadly. Fortunately my aneurysms are small & I opted to not have surgery. But, I have to have annual CT scans to make sure they are not enlarging. I still have the "auras" & I liken them to a bad LSD trip...LOL...as I see bright jagged lights & feel weird when they occur. But the auras generally only last about 10 minutes. The only medication the doctor recommended was a daily 80mg aspirin regimen. Anyway, good luck & please get yourself checked out.

If you've noticed any stiffness in your neck - you really should have a CT scan. I had all the same symptoms you've described & about 3 yrs ago had a TIA (transient ischemic attach) - sort of like a mild stroke. Went to the hospital & they did MRI, CT scan, etc and found that I have 2 brain aneurysms on the carotid artery - 1 within the brain behind my right eye & 1 outside the brain lower in my neck. Serious stuff. I learned that about 20% of the population has brain aneurysms but aren't aware of them until they rupture which can be very deadly. Fortunately my aneurysms are small & I opted to not have surgery. But, I have to have annual CT scans to make sure they are not enlarging. I still have the "auras" & I liken them to a bad LSD trip...LOL...as I see bright jagged lights & feel weird when they occur. But the auras generally only last about 10 minutes. The only medication the doctor recommended was a daily 80mg aspirin regimen. Anyway, good luck & please get yourself checked out.

thank you for sharing your experience w/me. i'm so sorry you have to deal with that. i'm on my way to the ER now, getting ready to drop kids off at parents so hubby can come w/me

Good luck molly,hope you are ok!

I will be glad never to see a hospital (for myself) again after this foot is sorted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

From available evidence, what the murderer values most, in order of importance to her:

1. Make up. For real. There's nobody home inside that body & only emptiness or rage in her eyes. Makeup is her mask and her camouflage. (No wonder that backpack full of her makeup was too heavy to carry, and wonder her rage at having her mask materials removed from it.)
2. Being in control/feeling smarter than everyone else
3. Her belief that she is an artist
4. Causing the Alexander family pain
5. Infamy or fame, whatever, as long as people are still paying attention to her
6. Playing her family, because without them she would have not have the support of anyone else in the world other than freaks who love murderers. And Alyce, but I' m guessing Alyce talks the talk in public but isn't in contact at all with the murderer.

Happy Saturday everyone! Haven't had a chance to read in awhile, hope everyone is doing ok.

I've been in the hospital since late Wed night with this pneumonia. Think i overdid it by going to work on Wednesday. Lots of IV antibiotics and fluids, my white counts are still really high though i guess. Hopefully i can go home tomorrow. It's impossible to sleep in this place! People waking me up all hours of the night.

Anyway, love to all and wanted to say hello.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

----------
Hi m1279, I've missed you! please take care of yourself. Make sure to get a lot of rest when you are home, it is very important. I am glad you are being treated. When you feel up to it let us know how you are. Pneumonia knocks you on your can! :loveyou:

-----------
Molly, I hope and pray you went to the hospital pronto. I also hope you told them of your miscarriage. Dont ever fool around with something like this Sweetie.:blowkiss:

Wow M. Please take care of yourself. If pertinent, Ask if you can get a nebulizer to take home and the meds for it so you can head this off at the pass the next time. I have one so I can do breathing treatments at home when it starts to get bad. It buys me time before I have to go to the doctor. I can never find one when I need one. :)

---------
Zuri, arent the nebulizers great? My Doctor ordered mine as soon as he saw the scar damage. They open everything up! he doesnt want me getting pneumonia ever again. m1279 they really help..:seeya:

Molly, you need to go to the ER if you're having numbness , and especially on your left side. If you can, take an aspirin and go. Think of you babies and go. This will not be any abuse of the system. You have a urgent medical need, not stopping in for a cold, and not to scare you, but it could be life threatening. They say one symptom of a stroke is like having the worse headache in your life, loss of vision, and seeing "floaters" (little back flashes of light that kinda swim?). I don't know if you can get a blood clot from a miscarriage, but I'd get it checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth