1 cup finely ground polenta
Salt
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup mild Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup unsalted butter
Black pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large ovenproof saute pan or roasting pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the short ribs on all sides with the salt, pepper, garlic salt and seasoned salt. Pat the seasonings into the meat. Dredge the short ribs in the flour and pat off any excess flour. Place the short ribs in the pan and sear until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots, celery and onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock, beef stock, water, undrained tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Cover and place in the oven. Roast for 2 hours. Then add the potatoes, cover and roast for an additional 30 minutes. Be sure to occasionally check the liquid in the pan to make sure there is enough to keep the meat moist and simmering. Add more stock if necessary

Serve over polenta, grits, mashed potatoes...whatever you like

I've been making this "white chili" for at least 20 years. The recipe was published in a local hospital newsletter when turkey was becoming popular as an alternative to red meat. During fall and winter, I make it at least once a week.

Turkey Chili

1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. can diced chiles, drained
2 cups chicken stock
2 14 oz. cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
Kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. dried cilantro (or oregano, if preferred)

Saute onion in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add turkey and sauté until meat is cooked through. Season to taste. Add the chiles and stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in beans and cook for 5 more minutes until beans are heated through. Bon Appetit!

3 2 1 Cake. Mix one Devils food cake mix with one Angel food cake mix You can make single serving cake by using 3 Tblsp. cake mix, 1 Tbsp. Water. Mix well and 1 minute in microwave. 321. It is delicious
You can use any flavor cake mix but you must mix it with the Angle food cake mix
My favorite is the chocolate cake mix and sprinkled with xxoo sugar. I also use the sugar free chocolate.

Oh my....I am SO glad this thread was made! Y'all have posted some fabulous sounding recipes that I can't wait to try. I think I gained weight just reading them though.

Here is my first contribution:

Spinach Lasagna Rolls

9 lasagna noodles, cooked
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I substitute w/cottage cheese & a pinch of nutmeg)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
salt and fresh pepper
32 oz tomato sauce
9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded​

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.

To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.

Perfect for Lent!
Thanks.:loveyou:

MOUNTAIN DEW APPLE COBBLER
2 Granny Smith Apples (peel and slice into 8 sections each)
2 cans crescent rolls (1 can for each apple)
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups Mountain Dew
Cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Wrap each 1/8 apple section in crescent roll dough. Place in lightly greased baking dish. Melt butter & stir in sugar. Spread over apples. Pour Mountain Dew over apples. DO NOT STIR.

Sprinkle with cinnamon and chopped pecans.

Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes.

I have made this, too, Tulessa. Yummolicious!

I got this pot roast recipe from my bf's dad who used to be a chef. It's very easy. And it's in a crock pot! Very appropriate.

-beef roast

- packet of au jus gravy

- ranch dressing mix

- banana peppers

- 1 cup of water

Cook for 4-6 hours till meat falls apart. Makes amazing sandwiches or great with rice. Nom!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back