Lies Exposed: discuss the cross exam of Arias

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Discuss the lies that have been debunked in cross exam here (stick to the topic):​

I hope someone can post screen caps of the diary entries. They refute her broken finger and pedophilia allegations.

Quite telling that Nurmi has never once bothered to quote anything from her diary. Because there's nothing in it to support her allegations of abuse. I know we're going to see a lot more of that diary in cross.

I am interested in this new evidence that has been brought up about some mail she sent from jail!

bringing over minor4th's list from the other page

Ok, so can y'all help me list all the lies that were exposed today?

Here's what I remember:

1. Her finger wasn't really hurt by Travis
2. The "pedophile" confrontation really didn't happen on Jan 21 (didn't happen at all)
3. Travis wasn't barraging her with phone calls after on the alleged ped confrontation day
4. Exchanging cars didn't happen on the day she said it did
5. Matt was not really her boyfriend when she stalked his new girlfriend
6. She omitted information about her pre-murder trip through California -- she spent the night with Matt on June 2
7. She tried to influence witness testimony through coded messages, and apparently lied to her attorneys
8. She enjoyed the sex adventures, contrary to her prior testimony
9. She told her DV expert Travis was looking at pedo pics on the computer and changed her story after she found out there was no computer evidence

What else?

10. Getting her nails done in Salinas (?) -- it looks like Juan is going to produce some evidence that she got her hair dyed there (that's where we ended)

On one of the threads someone added another really good one, but now I can't find it - and I can't remember what it was!

He also established that she had talked to her Dad about her relationship with Travis even though she testified earlier that her family did't know what was going on.

I think the biggest lie that was debunked was the notion that Jodi is such a vulnerable victim of ongoing, long-term of abuse, that she was so beaten down and defeated that she no longer had any choice and that even text messages sent from 1,000 miles away compelled her to obey her abuser.

JM showed us the face of Jodi Arias that she shows when her will is crossed, when she doesn't get what she wants, when she believes she is entitled to do anything she wants to get what she wants.

Today I was reminded of the famous photo snapped at the instant that Ted Bundy lost his composure in the courtroom, and suddenly the world saw the face of the monster that was the last face his victims saw. Until then, he appeared human, affable, amiable, genial, "one of us." Then he lost it and his face lost its human mien, the monster was exposed, and from that instant we all knew exactly what he was.

I felt that today Juan Martinez made a very good start on the same path with Jodi Arias. We saw glimpses today of the face that Travis saw just before he was gone forever, and we will see that face more clearly as the cross examination continues until we all know, without a shadow of a doubt, what Jodi Arias is.

Thank you nursebeeme for giving me this space to vent.
:gthanks:

Juan: You cut your finger at Margaritaville
Jodi: I said work
Juan: but didn't you also say you cut it at Travis's???

I think the biggest lie that was debunked was the notion that Jodi is such a vulnerable victim of ongoing, long-term of abuse, that she was so beaten down and defeated that she no longer had any choice and that even text messages sent from 1,000 miles away compelled her to obey her abuser.

JM showed us the face of Jodi Arias that she shows when her will is crossed, when she doesn't get what she wants, when she believes she is entitled to do anything she wants to get what she wants.

Today I was reminded of the famous photo snapped at the instant that Ted Bundy lost his composure in the courtroom, and suddenly the world saw the face of the monster that was the last face his victims saw. Until then, he appeared human, affable, amiable, genial, "one of us." Then he lost it and his face lost its human mien, the monster was exposed, and from that instant we all knew exactly what he was.

I felt that today Juan Martinez made a very good start on the same path with Jodi Arias. We saw glimpses today of the face that Travis saw just before he was gone forever, and we will see that face more clearly as the cross examination continues until we all know, without a shadow of a doubt, what Jodi Arias is.

Thank you nursebeeme for giving me this space to vent.
:gthanks:

Awesome post! I noticed when he was questioning her about the magazines how her speech got faster and faster as if the more she said the more she could erase the knowledge that the jury had just gained about her attempted witness tampering.
I think tihs is huge.

Her finger was not broken by Travis and Juan had pictures to prove it.

Today, she states it was her right fingers that were cut the night she murdered Travis (she didn't say that, I did) but in the interrogation video, she points out her left hand to Detective Flores.

10. Getting her nails done in Salinas (?) -- it looks like Juan is going to produce some evidence that she got her hair dyed there (that's where we ended)

Could be getting her hair dyed. I've been wondering about this and where Juan may be going with it. The "brazilian" keeps coming back to me. She stated that she only got brazilians because Travis didn't like hair. She may be doing it herself but I know that salons do them too. I wonder if this is one of the lies he is going to debunk. If she wasn't intending to go see Travis that day, she wouldn't need a brazilian wax job. Could prove premeditation or at least that she would have to say that she got brazilians for herself and not for Travis. Which would also catch her in a lie. Wouldn't it be something if he could prove that she got a brazilian in Salinas?! After all, she hadn't seen Travis since April but in the June 4 pictures she is hairless. :sick:

Seemed to me that she looked uncomfortable on direct when the subject of the salon and getting her nails done came up. Of course I could have been misreading it. I'll have to go back and watch that again. Can't remember which day it was on though.

Awesome post! I noticed when he was questioning her about the magazines how her speech got faster and faster as if the more she said the more she could erase the knowledge that the jury had just gained about her attempted witness tampering.
I think tihs is huge.
Thank you so much! I read the other comments and was worried maybe this was too philosophical, JM approached the cross incorrectly and looked like a bully. But I left it because this is what struck me when I watched JM. Setting aside how many points he scored on details, I think he went a long way in exposing the same real JA and even in a few short hours, exposed that ridiculous meek and cowering personae she was tryng to sell.
Having watched Jodi today, especially the smugs and the arrogance, I absolutely believe she could done something like this. JM did great work today on the big picture as well as on specific details.

First lie was right after "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth", JA said "Yes"

I had to miss part of it yesterday. Who has info on the lie I'm really interested in which is that she told her attorney she saw T looking at little boy pictures on computer then switched her story to seeing him look at picts on paper. What all was said about that and how did that go. In my book that would be huge if it's true.

Could be getting her hair dyed. I've been wondering about this and where Juan may be going with it. The "brazilian" keeps coming back to me. She stated that she only got brazilians because Travis didn't like hair. She may be doing it herself but I know that salons do them too. I wonder if this is one of the lies he is going to debunk. If she wasn't intending to go see Travis that day, she wouldn't need a brazilian wax job. Could prove premeditation or at least that she would have to say that she got brazilians for herself and not for Travis. Which would also catch her in a lie. Wouldn't it be something if he could prove that she got a brazilian in Salinas?! After all, she hadn't seen Travis since April but in the June 4 pictures she is hairless. :sick:

Seemed to me that she looked uncomfortable on direct when the subject of the salon and getting her nails done came up. Of course I could have been misreading it. I'll have to go back and watch that again. Can't remember which day it was on though.

She can take the excruciating pain of a brazilian wax but can't take the pain of a superficial cut on her wrist. Hmmm. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back