When Do You Think The Retrial Will Begin?

When do you think the retrial will begin?

• January

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • February

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • March

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • April

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • 12th of Never

Votes: 63 46.3%

• Total voters

geevee

Well-Known Stickie
Reaction score
1. January
2. February
3. March
4. April

At this stage I'm in the 12th of never. Can't believe its been this long:scared:

Cripes, I messed up my first poll. lol

Hi, I'm with Zoey. At the rate this is going never. This trial should have a priority for completion. The sentencing should not take more than a couple of weeks. Come on Court, get your act together.:banghead I'm simply fed up. This is not a new trial. They are ccompleting a trial which is hanging there. Let Chrisman wait a while. :judge:

Hope all have a nice Thanksgiving. :seeya:

:seeya: I voted the "12th of Never" ... that's what it seems like ...

What is taking so long ?

It is high time for Justice for Travis !

Once the trial does come around I wonder how the following ruling will affect viewing the penalty phase. Does the ban include live feeds in the courtroom?

Live television coverage and the use of Twitter during the penalty-phase retrial of Jodi Arias will be banned and the case will remain in Phoenix despite defense arguments that intense publicity will make it difficult to find impartial jurors, a judge ruled Friday.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...bans-live-tv-coverage-jodi-arias-retrial.html

Thanks Geevee . Does the jury set the sentence in America?

I don't understand reason for banning live coverage now? I voted 12th of never also.

Thanks Geevee . Does the jury set the sentence in America?

Hi Marg, it varies by state, the jury decides whether she gets Life or the Death Penalty in AZ, if given Life, the judge will decide whether it's life without possibility of parole or life with possible release after 25 years (AZ does not have a parole system any longer but did when she committed this crime, which is why she has the possibility of release (although probably not a very strong one) if the jury decides on Life in the penalty phase.

GTG with 12 of Never; because what the state has done in letting her get away with this spectacular spectacle is a travesty. I'm glad the camera's were yanked. no more JA air time. YAY

I don't understand reason for banning live coverage now? I voted 12th of never also.

I believe it has to do with ALV and JA's friend Patty claiming they were threatened which really will not make a difference because the media will still report whatever they hear in court.

The media may end up winning in the end even if it is just partial coverage. I do not see any of her previous witnesses returning. There is nothing, nothing they can testify to that justifies what JA did to Travis. There is no proof she was ever abused by him other than his attitude towards her while he was trying to date others.

JA has very little to mitigate. If she lied about the "Locks of Love" defense will have to drop that, too, which will not leave her with much. I think JM is ready for her this time. She has played out most of her hand. jmo

I believe it has to do with ALV and JA's friend Patty claiming they were threatened which really will not make a difference because the media will still report whatever they hear in court.

The media may end up winning in the end even if it is just partial coverage. I do not see any of her previous witnesses returning. There is nothing, nothing they can testify to that justifies what JA did to Travis. There is no proof she was ever abused by him other than his attitude towards her while he was trying to date others.

JA has very little to mitigate. If she lied about the "Locks of Love" defense will have to drop that, too, which will not leave her with much. I think JM is ready for her this time. She has played out most of her hand. jmo

I can't even begin to guess when the retrial might take place.

A lot of people are angry and think that CMJA has a hand in all of the delays with this going to retrial. Based on her motion to dismiss Nurmi, it would appear that she has had no say in the matter. In all likelihood, it is due to an abundance of caution on the judge's part and the necessary motions filed by her defense team.

Lamby, I'd like to call attention to the whole issue. Proof or not, the foreman bought the abuse story. How that factors into the penalty phase, I don't know, but as for appeals, it is a moot issue. Without a whole lot of credible testimony on her behavior, it's hard for me to see this being a serious mitigating factor.

I don't expect any kind of compelling mitigation testimony, just more of the same that we've seen before in terms of quality and quantity. The DT is doing a hail mary pass with the jury, hoping that they pluck on the heartstrings of at least one juror.

I voted for February but it's wishful thinking. I think Nurmi will stall for as long as possible. I voted Feb because it's the anniversary of the last one starting.

I can't even begin to guess when the retrial might take place.

A lot of people are angry and think that CMJA has a hand in all of the delays with this going to retrial. Based on her motion to dismiss Nurmi, it would appear that she has had no say in the matter. In all likelihood, it is due to an abundance of caution on the judge's part and the necessary motions filed by her defense team.

Lamby, I'd like to call attention to the whole issue. Proof or not, the foreman bought the abuse story. How that factors into the penalty phase, I don't know, but as for appeals, it is a moot issue. Without a whole lot of credible testimony on her behavior, it's hard for me to see this being a serious mitigating factor.

I don't expect any kind of compelling mitigation testimony, just more of the same that we've seen before in terms of quality and quantity. The DT is doing a hail mary pass with the jury, hoping that they pluck on the heartstrings of at least one juror.

I use to watch her as the jury would file in and she would study them one-by-one to see which one she should focus on. She's as sly as a fox. Obviously she found him. jmo

when hell freezes? :floorlaugh:

voted the 12th of never

I voted for February but it's wishful thinking. I think Nurmi will stall for as long as possible. I voted Feb because it's the anniversary of the last one starting.
BBM

The guilt phase of her trial started on January 2, 2013, and she was convicted on May 8.

I use to watch her as the jury would file in and she would study them one-by-one to see which one she should focus on. She's as sly as a fox. Obviously she found him. jmo
Yes, she's sly, but she should have worked on him better because after all, he did convict her of first degree murder. One way or the other, she's in Perryville for the rest of her miserable life.

I voted for a February start for the start of the penalty re-trial, but I think it's anyone's guess!

There will be a compromise/deal on/near the eve of re-trial.

There will be a compromise/deal on/near the eve of re-trial.

Jodi will never deal unless it means LWP and I can't see that happening. Imo we'd need to see pigs flying before Juan would ever agree to that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back