Snapped on Oxygen, Jodi Arias, Two Part Episode

PMLsmom

Reaction score
Just a heads up y'all:

Just saw this advertised...Two part episode on Oxygen, Snapped:

Part 1 - Sunday December 15th @ 9:00 p.m. (EST), Part 2 - Monday December 16th @ 10:00 p.m. (EST)

They state "Never before seen exclusive interviews."

I haven't watched Snapped, how how do they come across in their episodes? Accurate? Sensationalistic? Pro-Convict? Pro-Victim?

I don't know PMLsmom. I don't even get Oxygen.

Accurate. I love that show!

They are sensationalistic, but I have a weakness for that show.

I'm gonna have to watch an episode or two (and research the murders) to get a feel for the show, to see if it's going to be worth the watch...

What "exclusive" interviews could they have???? Hopefully ex-boyfriends of CMJA, or anyone else who wasn't on the peripheral but inside her "circle" of influence...

They tend to play up certain angles of a case to the exclusion of others. For example, a suspect who lived one town over from me- they kept showing the same stock footage of one area of town, (a business park I recognized), but it wasn't really representative of the area, nor where she lived.
They do tend to focus on a suspect's childhood (possible mitigating circumstances?), so I learned that Elizabeth Haysom was a drug addict during her teen years, which I hadn't known from seeing the case on other shows...
There is very little focus on the victims, so I wouldn't say they are pro-victim.

I'm not likely to watch as I doubt that it contains any new information...just recycling the old stuff with maybe a different POV.

I am really waiting for the trial to be over so that more of the investigation information is released, along with any old "friends" that will come forth from the shadows.

Did anyone else catch the 20/20 episode on OWN or something last night? I was happily amused that the Jodi segment was blandly named in the description as "woman is convicted" (or something similar) and she was only given 30 minutes of the hour-long show - she had to share the 20/20 hour with some other case. LMAO!

I doubt we'll ever forget Travis, but you're quickly becoming an irrelevant figment of our imaginations, Jodi. So sad. :great:

Just saw a commercial for the show tonight where Nurmi said "she snapped" in court and it hit me that I'm not agreeing with this story being told on a show called "Snapped". Did she pre-snap when she stole the gun? What about when she got the gas cans and gas? Was she still pre-snapping the whole drive to Travis's house?

Or did she just want to be prepared in case she snapped later?

Just a heads up y'all:

Just saw this advertised...Two part episode on Oxygen, Snapped:

Part 1 - Sunday December 15th @ 9:00 p.m. (EST), Part 2 - Monday December 16th @ 10:00 p.m. (EST)

They state "Never before seen exclusive interviews."

I haven't watched Snapped, how how do they come across in their episodes? Accurate? Sensationalistic? Pro-Convict? Pro-Victim?

Watching this.

Just saw a commercial for the show tonight where Nurmi said "she snapped" in court and it hit me that I'm not agreeing with this story being told on a show called "Snapped". Did she pre-snap when she stole the gun? What about when she got the gas cans and gas? Was she still pre-snapping the whole drive to Travis's house?

Or did she just want to be prepared in case she snapped later?

I agree with your point. I do remember Nurmi trying to say that she snapped.

My understanding of snapped does not include the premeditation involved in the murder of Travis Alexander.

Snapped implies momentarily losing it. Even if one puts aside all the secretive planning to go to Mesa, there is no getting around how both a knife and gun happen to be handy to a bathroom with the victim dead within a matter of minutes. This is not snapping. This was a planned slaughter.

So far I'm wishing they'd use just Beth Karas for comments. They don't need 5 words from 10 different journalists or legal analysts on each point.

I DVR'd it and haven't watched it yet. Was there anything we didn't already know?

Well, just finished the first part, nope - nothing new, just another regurgitation of what we already knew...I hope they have something better tonight.

I'm enjoying this. I'm probably one of the few people who didn't really follow this case so a lot of stuff is new for me. What has amazed me is for all the planning she sure failed to clean up evidence, especially leaving the camera there. wow.

tee - I really think that she didn't realize Travis' will to live, and it REALLY got out of control on her part. A stab here, a stab there and then he's gone...NOPE. 26 stabs, throat cut, and gunshot later, she knew she was screwed in trying to clean THAT up. Then she had to get the F outta there...

I hope part 2 is better, as the first hour is basically stuff those of us who followed the trial know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back