Status
Not open for further replies.

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
http://www.wnem.com/story/19484739/police-seek-info-on-man-missing-since-2011

Investigators learned that Franks went to Saginaw, MI, and met with an estranged girlfriend who is the mother of Franks' child. Franks checked into the Miller Motel in Bridgeport sometime in late 2010 and stayed for about five months.

Police said Franks then checked out on March 21, 2011, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Says family in OH filed the MP report....but this is the first I have heard of him. Time to start some digging around!

Thank you for posting this article. This is our family member. The police did a good job with the article, but Eric's car is darker brown (Chevy called it dark bronzemist) - not the tan color in the stock photo the newspaper used.

We would appreciate any help - the disappearance is completely out of character. Police waited to alert the media until they investigated some things, which is why it's just now being broadcast.

welcome to websleuths searchingfamily

so sorry to hear that Eric is missing.

Thank you for posting this article. This is our family member. The police did a good job with the article, but Eric's car is darker brown (Chevy called it dark bronzemist) - not the tan color in the stock photo the newspaper used.

We would appreciate any help - the disappearance is completely out of character. Police waited to alert the media until they investigated some things, which is why it's just now being broadcast.

is this the right color? (bronzemist)

http://images.gtcarlot.com/gtgallery/68416856-640.jpg

searching - welcome, and sorry it's under these circumstances....

A couple of questions if you can/will answer...

Has the gf been cleared? Were there any issues with other men in her life (jealousy)? What did Eric do for a living? Also, any drug issues?

Just trying to get a little background in order to determine a path to start down.... thanks in advance if you can or want to answer. I live very close to saginaw, and it's too bad it took so long....if there had been a BOLO for his vehicle, maybe?

Also, I wonder any credit card activity? Were cell records checked? Last pinged at? So many questions....

searching - I know his family is in OH but if anything needs to be checked/gotten/looked at etc here in saginaw county, let me know please, i'd be happy to help.

searching - welcome, and sorry it's under these circumstances....

A couple of questions if you can/will answer...

Has the gf been cleared? Were there any issues with other men in her life (jealousy)? What did Eric do for a living? Also, any drug issues?

Just trying to get a little background in order to determine a path to start down.... thanks in advance if you can or want to answer. I live very close to saginaw, and it's too bad it took so long....if there had been a BOLO for his vehicle, maybe?

There has been a BOLO for the vehicle since late 2011. We discovered yesterday original officer who filed it had VIN # listed incorrectly this whole time, but license plate was correct so hoping that didn't hurt much.

GF - hate to say much in a public forum where they might find it, but...both she and her hubby submitted themselves to questioning on several occasions, and while all of investigators' and family's questions have not been answered, police decided going pubic was the next necessary step.

No known drug issues.

He worked maintenance at a mall for 15 years or so in Tupelo, MI. Moved to Ohio in 2009 and only had a couple of jobs for a few weeks each. Moved to MI in late 2010. Understand he did odd jobs for the owner at Miller's Motel where he stayed but any other employment the MI unknown. Police say IRS unwilling to provide info it his SSN is being used anywhere.

He dropped of Twitter, Facebook, blogging, etc. all at the same time in March 2011. This is completely uncharacteristic behavior.

Also, I wonder any credit card activity? Were cell records checked? Last pinged at? So many questions....

searching - I know his family is in OH but if anything needs to be checked/gotten/looked at etc here in saginaw county, let me know please, I'd be happy to help.

Again, not sure what is safe to say in a public forum. One thing I will say is that the phone never left the county. Police did access cell phone, and gleaned some information re: calls, but we're still at the point where they are now wanting to go public with the search.

Thanks for the offer to help there in county. It IS a long way there. We'll keep that in mind.

Editing because forgot to answer - he didn't have any credit cards/ bank accounts that we know of.

FYI: searchingfamily is a verified insider in this case.

Please keep brainstorming everyone! :grouphug:

I wonder - if a car is impounded and sits at a tow yard for awhile, does the plates and/or VIN get entered into any type of database?

Thank you for the info searching - i totally understand about not wanting to say too much.

If some wonderful WS'er could do a flyer up - I could get those to several places/people. (Including the tv station in above link, as i used to work there)

I am heading to Detroit now, will be back tomorrow night...will check in then. Will keep eyes and ears open!

Searchingfamily, do you guys have a flier made for him???? Have you contacted any search organizations to help you?

I wonder - if a car is impounded and sits at a tow yard for awhile, does the plates and/or VIN get entered into any type of database?

Thank you for the info searching - i totally understand about not wanting to say too much.

If some wonderful WS'er could do a flyer up - I could get those to several places/people. (Including the tv station in above link, as i used to work there)

I am heading to Detroit now, will be back tomorrow night...will check in then. Will keep eyes and ears open!
you rock LTC!:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member