FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thedailyworld.com/news/local/fbi-examining-skull-found-crab-pot#sthash.9i1uLO5N.dpuf

It's hard to only post snippets of this article but I'll try. The site is free to read up to so many stories a week. Hopefully people can see it.

If anyone wants the full article let me know and I'll PM it to you.

<snipped>
The King County Medical Examiner determined the skull was “unequivocally human,” Pimentel said, and the skull was forwarded on to the FBI for further analysis.

The medical examiner believed the skull belonged to a younger person, but was unable to determine age or gender, Pimentel said. The person is believed to have been deceased for some time. The amount of time it spent in the water is still unclear.

Rumors have flown about the skull since its discovery, some suggesting it might be that of missing McCleary teen Lindsey Baum. Baum went missing in 2009 at age 10.
<snipped>

Typically, it can take up to a year for DNA analysis.

“They’re going to put a top priority on it and we hope to have it back within a month,” Pimentel said.

Don't even want to think that this is Lindsey. But with all of those rumors... Ugh.
Still, it's somebody. :( And authorities seem to be taking this very seriously.

http://www.chronline.com/news/article_bbed5874-a108-11e3-8c0c-0019bb2963f4.html

<snipped>
"Nearly a year before a child-sized skull was recovered in a crab pot two miles off the coast of Westport, Lewis County deputies sent information to the Gray&#8217;s Harbor Sheriff&#8217;s Office about a tip they received from an informant indicating that missing McCleary girl Lindsey Baum&#8217;s body had been put inside a crab pot and dumped into the ocean.

A skull was recovered on Feb. 21 after a local fisherman pulled up his crab pot about 2.3 miles off the coast of Westport, according to Gray&#8217;s Harbor Undersheriff Dave Pimentel.

The fisherman had placed the crab pot about a week prior. It&#8217;s possible the skull drifted into the pot sometime in the days leading up to the fisherman&#8217;s retrieval of it, law enforcement officials have said.

Despite rumors speculating the skull may belong to Baum, the undersheriff said that a number of people have died while crabbing or fishing in that area.

&#8220;We&#8217;re not ruling anything out and not speculating,&#8221; he said.

<modsnip>

Ok. So there are many young people who go missing while crabbing? Wth! Makes no sense. I was trying to go back and find where the original post is that had the crab pot rumor in it but there is soooo much to go through. I think that was said very early on when Lindsey first went missing. Any one remember that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the rumor, but no specifics. Can someone refresh my memory please?

Remains were found Friday, prob not but I always think of Lindsey or Nancy Moyer.

The remains were found Friday evening. Search teams canvassed the area on Saturday. Authorities say the area where the remains were found is close to the roadway and it's owned by the Trans Alta power company.

At this point, investigators believe the remains were dumped. Gender, age, ethnicity and other identifying factors are not known at this time. The remains will be sent to King County to be examined by a forensic pathologist who has expertise in identifying human remains.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Human-skeletal-remains-found-near-Centralia-248108541.html

I remember the rumor, but no specifics. Can someone refresh my memory please?

Remains were found Friday, prob not but I always think of Lindsey or Nancy Moyer.

I can't do it right now <modsnip>.

i will say that the article above is incorrect. LE and the search center received this tip much earlier than a year ago.

I can't do it right now but tomorrow I will send you the information.

i will say that the article above is incorrect. LE and the search center received this tip much earlier than a year ago.

Yes, knew the reporter had that wrong.

Thanks for the heads up, got it!

Yes I remember it was earlier hen that but I don't remember who it was associated with. Praying for her family.

This is one of the first stories that had me reading websleuths as a guest. I pray that her family gets some sort of answers soon!! It's been way too long!! :(

It seems like they keep finding a ton of skeletons in Washington lately.

Then again There are an absurd amount of people either missing from Washington or missing from other states and suspected of being in Washington (Like Susan Powell)

Let's hope that these people are given their names back and their families are given answers.

From https://www.facebook.com/TheVidette

A juvenile female human skull found in a crab pot off the coast of Westport did not match the DNA profile of missing McCleary girl Lindsey Baum, according to Chief Criminal Deputy Steve Shumate. The identity remains a mystery.

Shumate says in a press release:
"Back on February 21, 2014, the Sheriff&#8217;s department responded to a report of a partial human skull found in a crap pot by a local fisherman. The crap pot had been placed approximately 3 miles off shore and south west of Grays Harbor Bar when the skull was located. The skull was eventually turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigations for DNA analysis. This week we learned that the DNA profile did not match that of the missing McCleary girl, Lindsey Baum. The DNA profile was entered into CODIS (Combined DNA Index System) however no matches were found. At this point, the DNA profile indicated that the skull was that of a female however it is unknown at this time how old the skull is. The reports from FBI are expected within the next few weeks."

The typos in the above article (where they keep calling it a crap pot) are from them, not me. I copied and pasted the article.

I know it's a crab pot. :)

I hope her case doesn't get even colder. I'm so glad it wasn't her head in the crab pot, what an awful thing. But...who's head is it, belongs to a juvenile female, I don't think there are any others missing in the area. Maybe ancient or a victim of a natural disaster, tsunami who's skull made it all the way over here.

I watched the Vanished Show tonight that I taped on Lindsey Baum from Beth Holloway's Series. It was a repeat but the first time I have seen it.

I was crying through the whole tape and came to read this thread. I'm so sad to see there is not any new evidence posted. I'm glad to see they have kept the story updated.

Blessings to Lindsey's Family

God bless you Lindsey
I'm thinking about you and holding you close too.

Goz

Another year has come and my baby turned 16, she is excited about driving, getting ready for college in 2 years, she got her first real job (not babysitting), buying trinkets for her apartment when she goes off to that unknown college, she's doing the things you sweet girl should be doing.

Like I've said before, I don't know you or your family and live in a different country on the opposite side of our continent, but you have captured my heart. All the milestones my dear daughter makes are bittersweet as you are not making them as well.

Where are you baby girl?????

Just happened to think about Lindsey today and popped in hoping to find that there had been some news I had missed in the last several months. Nearly 5 years missing, and still nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member