PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

I feel like he didn't. He mentioned the 'possibly violent ex' but was that something he already knew, or BW told him? I kind of thought he already knew that, but I always wondered if the ex was not a cover for SM. Or possibly the alleged incident where Heather was hurt- always thought she might have blamed a 'possibly violent ex' to friends/families to cover up for a more sinister female. JMO.

Except the "possibly violent ex" was named in the police report.

Wasn't Heather supposed to have lived with this supposedly "violent ex," before she moved in with BW?

To my knowledge her actual "iiving place" has never been confirmed (very strange), but it doesn't appear that Heather moved from her parents' house to the apartment with BW. So where was she living?

That's another perplexing thing to me about this case. There seems to be a large gap of time between when Heather was posting Twitter posts about SM from her parents' house and five months later when she moved to River Oaks.

Wasn't Heather supposed to have lived with this supposedly "violent ex," before she moved in with BW?

To my knowledge her actual "iiving place" has never been confirmed (very strange), but it doesn't appear that Heather moved from her parents' house to the apartment with BW. So where was she living?

That's another perplexing thing to me about this case. There seems to be a large gap of time between when Heather was posting Twitter posts about SM from her parents' house and five months later when she moved to River Oaks.
BBM
Yes! That....

That's what I was trying to remember. I know it was in the police report, as mentioned by TE, but wasn't his conversation with BW when he was there with LE? So, if it was, did the 'possibly violent ex' statement come from BW, or TE after speaking with BW? I don't think it was confirmed that she lived with the ex, as you said. And I'm not sure where the speculation that she did came from (not saying she didn't) other than the fact that it was interesting that where she lived prior was not discussed/confirmed. Which might lead one to speculate there was a problem there.

I just thought the wording "possibly violent ex" was weird. TE may have said the ex was violent, and then LE put in "possibly" since it was alleged. But, the whole 'possibly' struck me as strange. Was it something TE speculated about based on something else, or something Heather told him directly? I still feel like it could have been a coverup she made to cover another incident. JMO.

So you don't think Mr. Elvis knew about Heather seeing a married man until that night?
I don't know why but I thought Mr. Elvis knew Heather had 'dated' SM. :blushing:

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1012066#.U1JrTSgqWAA

In a news conference, police said there was a relationship between Heather and the Moorers, but would not elaborate on what that was.

Terry explained that before Heather disappeared, he wasn't aware of any relationship. "My wife and I had never heard the name before, period. Never knew."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/02/25/murder-charges-filed-where-heather-elvis

Terry Elvis said he had never heard of Sidney or Tammy Moorer until he began searching through Heather’s phone call records and Googled the number.

I thought it was odd too that at the time an address for the "possibly violent ex" was not known.

Just thinking out loud.

Peachtree Landing gets makeover, garden dedicated to Heather Elvis

The boat landing has been repaved, dozens of flowers planted, and special trinkets have been placed around the area that have sentimental meaning to those who knew her.

"They actually had a wind chime hung up, and it's a sun and a moon. And, I thought it was ironic that they got that because that was one of her favorite things to draw was the sun and the moon and how they connect," said Morgan, Heather's sister.

The garden had been an unexpected surprise her family.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1033362#.U1astlVdXHU

Why did they repave the landing? Was funds used for it? I feel like searches would be a better use for the donations, especially since repaving streets is the responsibility of the township/county. What is the point of private citizens repaving a public street that doesn't even have that much traffic?

Peachtree Landing gets makeover, garden dedicated to Heather Elvis

The boat landing has been repaved, dozens of flowers planted, and special trinkets have been placed around the area that have sentimental meaning to those who knew her.

"They actually had a wind chime hung up, and it's a sun and a moon. And, I thought it was ironic that they got that because that was one of her favorite things to draw was the sun and the moon and how they connect," said Morgan, Heather's sister.

The garden had been an unexpected surprise her family.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1033362#.U1astlVdXHU

What a beautiful, loving thing to do for the Elvis family.:loveyou:

I hope it brings them a little joy in this horrible nightmare they are living.

Why did they repave the landing? Was funds used for it? I feel like searches would be a better use for the donations, especially since repaving streets is the responsibility of the township/county. What is the point of private citizens repaving a public street that doesn't even have that much traffic?

I don't believe it is a public street that they repaved, it was the boat landing that LE believes she was killed at. They have turned it into a memorial for Heather. They probably repaved it because it was old and worn looking.
We don't know if the volunteers that did the paving used the money from their own pockets.
Don't you think this was a nice thing from the people of the community to do this for Heather?

I don't believe it is a public street that they repaved, it was the boat landing that LE believes she was killed at. They have turned it into a memorial for Heather. They probably repaved it because it was old and worn looking.
We don't know if the volunteers that did the paving used the money from their own pockets.
Don't you think this was a nice thing from the people of the community to do this for Heather?

LE has shown no evidence she was killed at the landing, although I am aware that doesn't mean they don't have any. Yes, they said it their report, but it is not 100% "confirmed" at least by the prosecution until the trial. Anyway, it is still not private property. It is owned by the county, meaning it is their responsibility to repave it. If they used their own money, okay, don't know why, but okay, but if they used funds, they should let people know their money is going to help "Keep Myrtle Beach Beautiful." Where are the searches?

Allowing the repaving and the beautiful garden for Heather was just heart wrenching to watch. I think there's some different evidence since they sorted through it all possibly. I truely hope so. Nail their a$$es. Find Heather! jmo

If you poke around various pages on Facebook, you'll find that the manpower and materials for the makeover of Peachtree Landing were donated. One company donated timbers, the paving company donated its services, a landscape company donated mulch, private individuals donated plants, birdhouses, and elbow grease. I have seen no indication that any of it was paid for out of funds donated to search for Heather.

I'm assuming that any necessary permissions were sought and granted. The landing wasn't repaved, BTW. Just sprayed with a sealant.

If you poke around various pages on Facebook, you'll find that the manpower and materials for the makeover of Peachtree Landing were donated. One company donated timbers, the paving company donated its services, a landscape company donated mulch, private individuals donated plants, birdhouses, and elbow grease. I have seen no indication that any of it was paid for out of funds donated to search for Heather.

I'm assuming that any necessary permissions were sought and granted. The landing wasn't repaved, BTW. Just sprayed with a sealant.

Thanks for the info. I still don't understand why this is a priority over finding Heather. Why all this effort into finding companies that would donate, instead of having a search?

Also, were this companies named on the FB posts? Because normally, when you donate services for free, you do it for the recognition/publicity. Or are their names still unknown?

Thanks for the info. I still don't understand why this is a priority over finding Heather. Why all this effort into finding companies that would donate, instead of having a search?

Also, were this companies named on the FB posts? Because normally, when you donate services for free, you do it for the recognition/publicity. Or are their names still unknown?

Can you please provide a link with your information that they are no longer searching?

Thanks.

IMO The garden at PTL has nothing to do with the search. It is a place that people feel close to Heather, being that LE stated she was killed there.

Why anyone would have a problem with it...is beyond my comprehension.

Can you please provide a link with your information that they are no longer searching?

Thanks.

There have been no searches for Heather in months. Why is that?

I have also seen no mention on the main FB page or in the media thanking all these companies who supposedly donated their services for free.

IMO The garden at PTL has nothing to do with the search. It is a place that people feel close to Heather, being that LE stated she was killed there.

Why anyone would have a problem with it...is beyond my comprehension.

:loveyou:

Thank you! ITO They also said the garden was in remembrance of all the people who have been killed at the landing. I wish they would put up some speed bumps and more signs to keep people from driving into the river there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back