GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=978542

Oneida COunty legislator proposes Levon's Law

"Gordon has proposed a new law that would allow for a felony charge if parents wait more than an hour to report a child 4 years-old or younger missing. Gordon's proposed "Levon's Law" says parents of a child between 5 and 8 need to notify police within 3 hours if they believe their child is missing. For older, presumably more independent children between 9 and 15 years old, parent would have to call police if their child was missing for 12 hours. Gordon says the law would give police and prosecutors another tool and potentially carry more weight than a simple endangering the welfare of a child misdemeanor charge."

Levon, so many people will never forget you, sweetie...
YES YES YES ! Thank you for sharing. I'm sick to death of parents just pretending ' what baby ? ' . Little Levon may save more in the future. Please push this law through quickly!

ETA , Do you know how many lives Amber Hagerman has saved ? I have no clue but I'm going to try to find it. I don't know if it's a comfort to her mother but you would have to think it does bring some good thoughts to know that every day somewhere in this country , her daughter's name is called out and it gets the attention of the community and more often in not , it finds the missing child! :)

How effective has it been?

AMBER Alert has been very effective. AMBER Alert programs have helped save the lives of 672 children nationwide. Over 90 percent of those recoveries have occurred since October 2002 when President Bush called for the appointment of an AMBER Alert Coordinator at the first-ever White House Conference on Missing, Exploited and Runaway Children

:) Way to go Amber :)

I hope this passes, I really do, I hope it makes a difference....And I hope Baby Levon is never forgotten.

I hope this passes, I really do, I hope it makes a difference....And I hope Baby Levon is never forgotten.

Would that be something.? The little guy got almost no national exposure and to my knowledge not even a ton of local exposure after the first week and for years to come his name might be called out to save another baby. I'm excited at the prospect !

I think we need to ask a mod to make that law/ bill / proposal its own thread since this is a FREQUENT problem on ws with parents just not reporting kids missing and that way folks can write in and call in to congressman and see what can be done !

Oneida Disptach - Baby Levon’s dad, Jevon Wameling, sentenced to prison for son’s death(Update)

"The case of baby Levon Wameling’s disappearance can be put to rest for many. Thursday morning, Oneida County Court Judge Barry Donalty sentenced the infant’s father, Jevon Wameling, to the maximum punishment for second-degree manslaughter, 7 1/2 to 15 years in jail..."

more at the link

Syracuse.com - Jevon Wameling, Utica father whose dead baby was found in river, sentenced to prison

"The sentence also includes guilty pleas to selling drugs and stealing from family."

So, he basically got no time for killing Levon. :(

Oneida Disptach - Baby Levon’s dad, Jevon Wameling, sentenced to prison for son’s death(Update)

"The case of baby Levon Wameling’s disappearance can be put to rest for many. Thursday morning, Oneida County Court Judge Barry Donalty sentenced the infant’s father, Jevon Wameling, to the maximum punishment for second-degree manslaughter, 7 1/2 to 15 years in jail..."

more at the link

I do not understand how 15 years is the max :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I do not understand how 15 years is the max :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I don't either. The consensus around here is that he's probably responsible for the first child's death as well.

Here's an article (I'm not sure if it was posted before or not) about a couple of the problems they ran into with his confession and the discovery of Levon's remains, and possibly the reason why he was offered a plea.

Jevon Wameling pleads guilty to manslaughter for death of son Levon

"When police announced they had recovered the body of infant Levon Wameling from the Mohawk River, many believed there had been a breakthrough in the case. There had been a development but it was more complicated than most people would ever realize. During a videotaped interrogation by police about an unrelated burglary charge, Jevon Wameling had admitted he had put his son's dead body into the river but earlier in the interview he had asked for a lawyer. Oneida County district attorney Scott McNamara knew the admission would never be allowed in court"

http://binghamton.twcnews.com/content/news/742526/marking-one-year-since-the-death-of-baby-levon/

The Utica Police Department released the following statement:

"All the members of the Utica Police Department would ask that our citizens keep Levon's family in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with this difficult time on the one-year anniversary of his passing. This case took an emotional toll on our police officers who were involved in the investigation and we will never forget baby Levon. This little angel will forever have a special place in our hearts."

i know this is an old post. but this happened to my 20 year old son, he got a brain injury at birth. no one has ever laid a finger on him. so it is possible.

Blood around his brain that causes seizures? :thud:
Is there anything other than abuse which causes blood around the brain? :facepalm:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back