MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our family contact talked to Det. Thomas today and asked about what FG said Eric was wearing when she last saw him. He said he would go back and look to see if that was asked and if so, what the answer was. We were glad to hear they did do some things we weren't aware of since we were told their job was not to re-investigate. They did a follow up on a recent tip. So, Eric's name is still being discussed in Saginaw and we pray it will lead to someone doing some talking.

I called the SS office in OH and gave all the info needed to research Eric's SS. The man asked questions and took names and numbers. He said he probably couldn't tell me anything because of the privacy act. I said I understood, but I gave him the # to contact MI state police. He said the SS office had the Office of Inspector General to handle such cases, but he would see what he could do.

I still think the family should run their own credit report on Eric's ss

I called the SS office in OH and gave all the info needed to research Eric's SS. The man asked questions and took names and numbers. He said he probably couldn't tell me anything because of the privacy act. I said I understood, but I gave him the # to contact MI state police. He said the SS office had the Office of Inspector General to handle such cases, but he would see what he could do.

I think this is absurd!
Eric's family and friends haven't heard from him in THREE YEARS.
Any bit of information can be crucial and beneficial in, not only, gaining more
Information, but finding out if someone (anyone) has been accessing his
SS#.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008205310171&fref=ts

It's up. I apologize for it taking a day to get the link, I was swamped at work and then at school...and sleuthing in between.

This is great MIMOMMY.
Can I make a suggestion though?
Amazingly enough, a lot of people do not "do" FB, but will look at FB's sometimes. If a page is not open to non FB users there is no info available.
Is it possible you can set it so anyone can see it, regardless if they are signed in to FB or not?
TIA!

Saying this as one of those who is not signed up ;)

Not trying to step on toes; I set the page up last night; main goal was to get a public page set up asap. Everything else is a profile; where you have to be a FB friend to share anything. I have experience with pages; knew I could set one up really quick. Going to work on getting a flier uploaded so it can be shared.

I will work on creating another page that everyone can access that is not facebook, and keep the facebook one open as well. There is a group page on facebook for him but it is not being kept updated as the family is overwhelmed. I will let everyone know one I have the web page up and running.

Have a great day everyone!

I will work on creating another page that everyone can access that is not facebook, and keep the facebook one open as well. There is a group page on facebook for him but it is not being kept updated as the family is overwhelmed. I will let everyone know one I have the web page up and running.

:tyou:

(You don't need to make another page, the FB is fine as long as it is "open". Not trying to make more work for you!).

If you feel like making an actual web site; google web sites works really well for missing. It's very easy to use too. Below is one I made years ago for someone missing from Canada. The family had made a site but the host went out of business. I was able to find the cache of it & redid it on google.

Allan Kenley Mattheson

His FB page will need people to run it; I will leave that to his mom to decide. If anyone has experience running a FB page or has time & wants to learn; please post. I'll be happy to give a quick course on how to do it.

Yes, that is the most recent. It was an almost full body shot and he is holding a camera. It appears he has on clothing he left OH with except the jacket is one a friend in TX sent to him, I believe. Someone had stolen the Southpole coat out of his motel room that I gave him for Christmas and he posted about that and this friend sent him a new one. The photo of course was cropped for that site.
Could you elaborate more on his coat being stolen out of his motel room? What else was taken?

Here is the photo

attachment.php

Attachments

• EricLastBeforeMissing.jpg
    EricLastBeforeMissing.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 76
I do believe the current investigators want to see justice served in Eric's case. I do believe they have a harder case due to previous investigators blunders and lack of hard evidence. Yet, because Saginaw is a high crime area , new cases just keep shoving Eric's case to the back of the line. They had stated that they wished Eric's friends would call state police. At least two of them had done so with the BV police that we know had important info early in the investigation. One of them was told by BV police they would get back with her and never did. We put the word out thro one friend of Eric's who posted it on the Elite page. Yesterday, we found out that friend called 2 wks ago and still hasn't heard back from the police. We asked about it and was again told about new cases taking up time. She might have shed some new light on the case..maybe not. She has a busy position at work and her life to live, but she cares about Eric and has tried to help in any way she can. (A high school friend). It just made me think of the tip one of you called in (FBEye, I think) about possibly seeing Eric in Lansing. It had been a month and the tip still wasn't followed up on, so family did. Eric's wife plans to call state police. We let them know we found her and she's helping. We let the investigators know any info we have .

I will work on a webpage for him this weekend - I will keep the fb page that needs to have a friend request as well - just incase. It cant hurt to have him out there in as many ways as possible - if it is needed I can also keep the public fb group up and running if needed.

I would however like to talk to the person who thought they saw Eric in Lansing....

Could you elaborate more on his coat being stolen out of his motel room? What else was taken?
According to Eric's TX friend his laptop and the phone he had before leaving OH were also stolen. She sent him a laptop, phone and coat. She was a friend in deed not just talk. They went to school together in TN. She sent BV police the info about what she sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine