GUILTY GA - Aubrey Price for investment fraud, Savannah, 2012

Reader

Reaction score
Just a plain old swindler, he hasn't eaten any people or live animals yet...I feel sorry for his wife and 4 children...

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local...ounty-investment-advisor-accused-of-40M-fraud

VALDOSTA — A nationwide search continues for an investment advisor with Lowndes County connections who is suspected of embezzling approximately $40 million.

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced Tuesday that it has obtained a court order freezing the assets of Aubrey Lee Price, 46, who has allegedly gone into hiding. He reportedly moved recently from Manatee County, Fla., to Lowndes County.
------

“In order to conceal mounting losses of investor funds, Price created bogus account statements with false account balances and returns that were provided to investors and bank regulators,” the release continued.

Price has been missing since June 16. He was last seen aboard a ferry sailing from Key West, Fla., to Fort Myers, according to various media reports. Price’s possible whereabouts have also been linked to Venezuela.
------

Other media reports stated that the Brooklyn U.S. Attorney’s Office has issued an arrest warrant for missing funds wired through a New York City bank and is not convinced that Price has committed suicide.

In addition, the SEC reported that Price sent a 22-page letter titled “Confidential Confession For Regulators — PFG, LLC, and PFGBI, LLC Summary” to individuals. In the letter, Price admits that he “falsified statements with false returns” in order to conceal between $20 million and $23 million in investor losses.

More at link.....

Feds: Georgia banker missing, so is $17 million

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/08/us/georgia-wire-fraud/index.html

Atlanta (CNN) -- A Georgia banker who went missing last month is being sought by federal authorities for allegedly embezzling millions of dollars from a south Georgia bank.

Aubrey "Lee" Price, 46, is charged with wire fraud, and is suspected of defrauding more than 100 investors of at least $17 million dollars over the course of two years, a criminal complaint from the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of New York, said.............

But federal investigators, including the FBI, believe Price, who owns property in Venezuela and Guatemala, may be on the run. FBI Special Agent Michael Howard said in the complaint that investigators believe Price "may own a boat that would be large enough to travel to Venezuela from Florida."

More at link.....

I can't believe how different he looks......in both photos! I would never have guessed this is the same person!

Thanks for the update Murphy!

I think it is odd that he was caught around 2 hours from Valdosta and not in some other country.

Ah geezzzz. I bet they're going to make the wife pay back the social security benefits. She's been getting $800 a month and added to her teacher salary, she's barely surviving.

Wow, poor thing.

What a shocker!
JMHO
fran

"Asked if the hardworking math teacher who is raising her four children by herself wants to remain married now that his appearance reverses her divorce, her lawyer said time will tell.
'Once he appears again in court we get this order set aside that he's not dead - which will happen here pretty quick in the next week or two - she's married to him and he's committed to her marriage spiritually.

‘Rebekah wants to gather all the information herself before she makes any decisions.'
It emerged that the once ‘charismatic Christian preacher’ had been living like a disheveled vagrant""
BBM

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nker-takes-plea-deal-fraud.html#ixzz33jfFNi4g

Wow.
Defrauds many people of lots of money, fakes his suicide, leaves wife without info, abandons his kids, grows marijuana.
I wonder if he expects that she will stand by her man?

From above link:

"Price talked about missing his children but used emotional language to describe being separated from his dog."

'I longed to be with my dog again, a golden retriever named Holly Jolly. I probably won’t see my dog ever again. And she was my best friend,' he said."

"He managed to stay off the street by rooming with prostitutes in motels, but maintains he was chaste the whole time."

"Price says one of the most disappointing aspects of faking his death, was learning his FBI reward was just $20,000."

'I was disappointed in the reward for me—it was only $20,000! I was on the FBI’s top ten list! Come on, put some money out there! I wanted to be number one,' he said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cide-details-18-months-run.html#ixzz39U4Y1xS7

From Esquire magazine, dtd. Aug 4, 2014,
Price talks about his 18 mo. on the lam.
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/news/how-it-feels-to-fake-your-own-death

"Now a convicted felon, Price has been ordered to pay up to $51 million in restitution to the clients he defrauded."

"I flew to Venezuela, like, two weeks before my ”departure,” we’ll call it. ... I have three farms that are still worth a lot of money there." SBM

I wonder how much those SA properties are worth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back