Lohan to work in morgue as punishment

Dark Knight

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES - Lindsay Lohan is about to see dead people. The 21-year-old actress will soon be working at a morgue as part of her punishment for misdemeanor drunken driving, her attorney, Blair Berk, told a judge Thursday.

Her two four-hour days at the morgue are part of a court-ordered program to show drivers the real-life consequences of drinking and driving. She must also spend two days working in a hospital emergency room.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080118/ap_on_en_mo/people_lohan

I think this is good. Sooner or later she is going to kill someone else or herself. She should be made to see that picture that was going around the internet of the young lady, about her age, who was killed and decapitated in a car crash while driving in excess speed. I saw it and I will never forget it. I remember seeing movies in driver's ed about car crashes and it really has stayed with me. Although, when I was her age I also did stupid things like drunk driving. Luckily I didn't kill anyone. BTW, I don't even drink anymore, but that came with age.

Oh I think that's an awesome and creative punishment. Maybe that will scare her straight. We shall see.

I think they should make have this as a mandatory sentence for anyone with a DUI charge. Especially teens. This might just scare the hebeejebees out of them and cut out the partying. I know that this is proabably just wishful thinking on my part!

Is there any way we can make sure she actually sees dead bodies? I have a concern they're just going to dump her in the reception area so she's shielded from what she really needs to see.

Her and Britney can hold hands. HOW many paps has Britney ran over already? And she hasn't even been drunK!

Lohan will probably just see a bunch of people with no health insurance coming in to the ER with the flu. I think working with really bad alcoholics on the verge of death would be better punishment.

Is there any way we can make sure she actually sees dead bodies? I have a concern they're just going to dump her in the reception area so she's shielded from what she really needs to see.

Thats kinda what I thought as well.

I think its a good idea but I dont honestly think that 8 hours in the morgue nor 2 days in the ER are necessarily enough time to scare her straight nor anyone else who is addicted to drugs or alcohol.. it should be a lot longer. Also there are some who even that wouldnt impact because of thestage of addiction that they are in.. many still have a strong sense of denial that this could happen to them..

I have to applaud the Judge for the creativity of the sentence, however It would probably have a better impact if it was for a longer and more drawn out period of time. If her ER time is spent with no emergencies that are of a serious nature, then it seems the time is wasted.

No guarantee of what will come through the door, but longer hours spent (especially late nites) might mean a better chance to see more and that is what the sentence is all about JMHO

Her and Britney can hold hands. HOW many paps has Britney ran over already? And she hasn't even been drunK!
If Britt runs over one and kills them, it will be their own fault! Four paps were arrested for chasing her two nights ago. I don't often take up for her anymore, but this is one time I can. Those paps need to get the hell out of the way. They chase all the stars and it is horrible. I realize she calls them alot..but when they stand in front of the freaking car!?!?! They DESERVE to be run over.:bang:

This kind of community service is far more effective than picking up roadside trash for DUI offenders. I think this type of punishment ought to be mandatory!!! Kudos to the judge!:clap: Hopefully it will scare Lindsey straight, there's more hope for her than Brittney. Brittney is just the next Anna Nicole Smith waiting to happen.

bahaaaaaa I think that is a hilarious and just punishment for her. However she needs Paris and Brit to go with her. Then maybe she'll learn what people who've been hit by a DUI driver look like when they've died in a horrible wreck.

It would really make an impact if she had to follow the whole scenerio.

See the body come into the morgue and go with the LE that has to inform a family that a member of their family has been killed by a drunk driver.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back