IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/04/paul-fronczak-stolen-baby-mystery-unsolved-after-50-years/
On the 50th anniversary of an unsolved mystery that continues to draw attention and leads from around the world, Paul Fronczak is still hoping to uncover his true identity and find the baby that was stolen a half century ago from the woman he believed was his biological mother.

“I feel super hopeful that we’re going to solve both these mysteries this year,” Fronczak told ABC News.

After looking at the hospital’s baby picture of Fronczak, Harbaugh claimed that not only did he recognize the baby, but said he used to play with the child when he was a teenager living with his mother. Harbaugh said the baby had just showed up one day.

Taylor, Harbaugh said, was a master of disguise and could pass for white, black, Puerto Rican or Hawaiian in her schemes to collect fraudulent welfare payments. Sometimes she even posed as a doctor or nurse, he said.

“She had a room with nothing but wigs and nurse dresses and shoes,” Harbaugh said.

In the 1970s, when Linda Taylor was put on trial for welfare fraud, she actually came under investigation for stealing the Fronczak baby. A local newspaper reported that one of her ex-husbands said that one day in the mid-1960s Taylor appeared with a newborn baby, even though she was not pregnant.

Harbaugh said he didn’t say anything to the authorities about the sudden appearance of the baby because he was in trouble with the law back then

Harbaugh said the baby disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared. One day he came home from school and the child was gone. Harbaugh said he’s “positive” it was taken by one of Taylor’s boyfriends to Tennessee.

Taylor died twelve years ago, but the FBI told ABC News they are looking back at Taylor’s possible involvement with fresh eyes. Hyde, the FBI spokeswoman, admitted old cases like this one present unique challenges due to the passage of time, but they remain hopeful.

Back in December, the Facebook page said that they had two new leads, one about the bio Paul and the other about the adopted Paul. But nothing else has been written since. I wonder if the second had anything to do with the cousin who did before he could meet Paul. http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25345213/i-team-cousin-dies-before-meeting-paul-fronczak

And the answer to my question is yes! http://www.8newsnow.com/story/27871705/i-team-new-clues-in-henderson-mans-search-for-true-identity.
This article was just posted to to a Facebook page! it sounds like he has found a first cousin. I am a little freaked that it was posted not long after I posted here.

It seems like it won't be long until he finds out who he is. It is telling that the cousin has no clue who this man is; sound like the family didn't know about the baby. If they did, he would likely know about a child that went missing. I am sure he would question any deaths of kids that year ("wonderif cousin Ann's baby really died; I don't recall a funeral" that sort of thing.). he is working with a genealogists . So let's hope he was born in a hospital. Birth records can narrow down the hunt.

I suspect, as others have mentioned, that this may not be simple abandonment; that perhaps something happened to the mom while she was shopping or she was mentally ill. I hope he gets some answers and I hope ẃ find put what happened to bio Paul too.

One thing that has bugged me form the start. Who first though that a child found in NJ might be the same child that was stolen from Chicago? what made them go there? was he simply the only unidentified white male in the entire country?

:greetings:Have their ( Paul and Stroller Baby) DNA and cousins found so far, been compared to the DNA in all the CRIMINAL DNA bases?
Maybe the parents left them with people when they had to go to jail or something?
Then the persons the babies were left with just left them someplace?
Also the lady who was a baby found in the phone booth?
Has the light complexion like these boys.
The years are different but it is in the tri-state area.
I think all of them should be compared to one another to see if any of them match.

Random thought on DNA comparisons from volunteers (like the Fronczaks). I dont remember where i heard it, but DNA that is NOT from a criminal(rapist, killer, etc) cannot be used/compared at will without the person specifically saying so. So THEIR DNA cant be compared to say open unsolved crimes to see if they are criminals if they volunteered it for a dna test for their supposed child. Ive been a long time lurker and constantly see people asking if UIs can be compared with the criminal database to find potential relatives and i think that isnt even allowed. Now im certainly not an expert but it would seem to be a violation of rights. Like say i have my DNA ran to scan for genetic things. The government *shouldnt be able to* compare it to criminals to see if we are related lol.
I feel bad for both families, Paul 2.0's bio family and the parents of Paul 1.0. I hope they all find what they are looking for

WOW! What a story! With regards to the URL:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/22080031/i-team-henderson-mans-true-identify-remains-mystery.

I got a look at "Paul's" baby picture, and did think of the Billy Jones case. Billy was kidnapped from his yard in December of 1962, while his Mother who was preparing lunch went into a bedroom to check on her other son. The little toddler's sister said the man gave her a plastic flower and had taken Billy. It would be interesting to see where in New Jersey back in 1965 "Paul" was found in relation to where the Jones' lived in 1962. I think the family still lived in the same house in 1965. Also not too good at picture ID's, but I think "Paul" looks more like Billy Jones than Jamie Bordenkircher.

Satch

I have a few Questions:

1. What about this monster woman from Tennessee that stole babies and children that could of took Paul and stole him to a couple who was childless? Didn't that happen around that time?

2. I also believe that Paul could be Billy Jones. Paul in his features on his face, looks exactly like Billy.. hmmm

I have a few Questions:

1. What about this monster woman from Tennessee that stole babies and children that could of took Paul and stole him to a couple who was childless? Didn't that happen around that time?

2. I also believe that Paul could be Billy Jones. Paul in his features on his face, looks exactly like Billy.. hmmm

Children taken from their families or birth mothers coerced under false pretenses to give up their child where called blackmarket adoptions. There where many of them in the 50's-70's. Prior years where also documented just not as prevalent. Children where snatched right from their yards or snuck right out the front door at hospitals. It was basically human trafficking before it was called this.

The ring leaders would pay someone snatch the baby or small child and then he/she would arrange for an adoptive family to pay a finders fee. Of course the birth certificate would be falsified by a doctor that was being paid off. Some of the ringleaders where actually doctors, social workers, and people who ran children's homes.

If Paul was indeed a black market baby why would he have been found wondering in NJ though?

Edit- Here's a list of the biggest blackmarket baby sellers of the 60's including in Tennesee
http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~msroots/BMA/BMA2.htm

I have a few Questions:

Billy Jones was born March 5, 1959 so he would have been almost 5 1/2 years old when the boy abandoned in a stroller was found in New Jersey.

There'd be an difference physically between a toddler in a stroller and a 5 1/2 year old. Plus most 5 1/2 year olds would be able to articulate at least something about themselves, their name, etc.

Doesn't seem like the timeline quite works for Billy Jones to be a possibility.

I agree with you Pink. I just found out in March of 2014 that I have a biological grandpa that also did some strange things including bigamy and stolen children and what my bio grandma did changing identities that she took with her when she passed away on December 1, 1983 and my dad passed away on January 10, 2011. Its a big headache I have been facing since finding out. I'm wondering with all the families now, just not us and Paul, but with everyone whose is who. I hope that this man can find out who he really is and i'm glad he did find some relatives so far.

There is been an update, part of the mystery is solved and a new mystery emerges. Still no news of the bio Paul Fronczak.

But adoptive Paul found out his name was originally Jack and had a twin sister, Jill. Jill is missing.

"We have no record of what happened to her. Our research indicates that both her and I mysteriously disappeared before our second birthdays. I was found abandoned in Newark and we have nothing on Jill,” he added.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-team-mans-identity-revealed-50-year-old-mystery-solved

Reactions: BRS
Can I discuss my theory here or should we open up a new thread for Jack and Jill??

My theory is that something happened to Jill due to the abuse or neglect of the parents and they left Jack somewhere because people might ask too many questions if one twin remained with the family. It makes more sense to give a set of twins to family members than only one twin. I am thinking that one parent was the primary abuser and the other had more of a bond since Jack was left in a populated area where he would be found rather than a rural area where he would not survive.

Alternate theory, they left Jack in Newark and Jill someplace else so it would be more difficult to trace the kids back to the parents. Or they rehomed the girl with someone.

Can I discuss my theory here or should we open up a new thread for Jack and Jill??

My theory is that something happened to Jill due to the abuse or neglect of the parents and they left Jack somewhere because people might ask too many questions if one twin remained with the family. It makes more sense to give a set of twins to family members than only one twin. I am thinking that one parent was the primary abuser and the other had more of a bond since Jack was left in a populated area where he would be found rather than a rural area where he would not survive.

Alternate theory, they left Jack in Newark and Jill someplace else so it would be more difficult to trace the kids back to the parents. Or they rehomed the girl with someone.

We still know very little,

I agree with the theory that Jill was the victim of abuse and/or negelct and died tragically. A cover up may have been involved. There's no death certificate for her IMO, because her death was not reported by authorities to avoid parental prosecution for abuse or neglect.

Concerned and protective family members were horrified that Jack could suffer the same fate, so they left him in an urban area, hoping that he would be adopted by caring people. Certainly a risky chance, but back in 1965, they didn't have the kind of social and protective services for kids like they do now. If Jack was abandoned by the "bad" parents, who abused and may have killed Jill, they probably felt they had to abandon Jack for the fear that he might remember the abuse and incriminate them. But at such a young age, I don't think his memory would be that developed.

I learned that most people's earliest memories, with rare exceptions begin at about age three. I think that the real Paul Fronczak's whereabouts, living or dead may never be known. The real Paul would have no recollection of the kidnapping and was probably raised by his kidnapper as her own kid, because she wanted a child of her own. The kidnapper could have made up a story about the mother abandoning Paul, or Paul may have been sold for money so that the kidnapper could maintain an illegal habit, say drug solicitation or prostitution.

I don't think she killed Paul, but I don't think we will ever know, or even the kind of life that the real Paul had, or now has.

A lot of these kids, abducted at say younger than three, would probably never know what happened to them, unless adopted circumstances, or communications in later years, prove that "These aren't my real parents." Just as Jack found out. However, a lot of people in those kinds of circumstances aren't going to do the investigative research that Jack did.

Satch

This news has literally left me speechless, with my family asking me what was wrong. I am astounded.

As I previously may have posted, I worked in the special care nursery (NICU) at Michael Reese Hospital in the 80s. This is where the 'real' Paul was stolen from.

So we are left with: What happened to the real Paul? And what happened to Jill?

Are the parents of the real "Paul" still alive? If so, have they given any interviews regarding these latest developments? If not, when did either or both pass away?

Satch

Looking for girls found in 1965 and came across this lady. She may be too young to be Paul/Jack's twin; but maybe he can help her with the resources he is aware of.
She was found in a NYC phone booth and was two days old, was adopted and trying to find her bio family. I'm sorry but the link won't paste on my iPad. Ugh. You can google her.

Looking for girls found in 1965 and came across this lady. She may be too young to be Paul/Jack's twin; but maybe he can help her with the resources he is aware of.
She was found in a NYC phone booth and was two days old, was adopted and trying to find her bio family. I'm sorry but the link won't paste on my iPad. Ugh. You can google her.

I do hope either he or she follows up on this. Her name is Louise Jones. I think that she should set up a forum/facebook page so that people can share information that they might have.

I do hope either he or she follows up on this. Her name is Louise Jones. I think that she should set up a forum/facebook page so that people can share information that they might have.

We would be more than happy to help Louise if she reaches out to us. I have been aware of her case, however it appears she may be working exclusively with Pam Slaton. (She is definitely too young to be Paul's/Jack's twin Jill.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back