Short haired blond girl

Thank you for responding Maureen! :)
Now, back to the drawing board: who is Short Haired Blonde Girl?

borg3.jpg

Has someone blown up and re-sharpened this image and then identified the books on the shelf yet in order to date the photo? I don't have anything but Paint so I can't do it but I would if I could!

(PS is that the same white alarm clock we see in "possible flight attendant/blond girl"'s photo?

When I saw that pic in Possible FA's thread with the calendar and then another with a clock I kept wondering if he was toying with the idea of sending ransom notes... documenting the date and time like that.)

I enlarged the picture of the one with the bookshelf, it looks like the one book says "player piano". Could it be this book: http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/B...&ds=30&fe=on&sortby=2&tn=player+piano&x=0&y=0

Knew someone would be on top of it!

IMHO can't be this book unless it's a different edition. This book is too thin, the one on the shelf is thicker. Then again, the "P... y... P" do work very well, but I didn't think it was a slanted tail like a "y" that was hanging down, I thought it was a straight one like a "p"... so hard to tell.

EDIT: now that I blew it up in the browser instead of with paint, I can see it way more clearly (wish there were hi def pics available - I"m guessing that's what the Nancy Grace ones were but now every thread here starts with a broken link because she took hers down, so... I'm working with low def here.)

Now I think you're right about the book title but still think it's a different edition. JMO

Your link suggests that the book was published first in 1971, that's a great dating tool! I wonder if that's the edition of just THIS version, though?

"PLAYER PIANO by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. Avon, 1971. Binding: Mass Market Paperback Dust Jacket: No jacket. NOTES: 10th Bard printing"

(From link in quoted post above)

ETA - totally on the fence about the gender of this person. I think that was something he liked, since we see it fairly often. I wonder if he dressed boys in girls clothing for pictures at times? Not sure why I wonder that.. just do.

This is a long shot, but I think I might know this person. The person I know spent some time in San Francisco around 1975-76. Are there any dates for these photo? Or a place that I can submit a potential match?

On the bright side, the person I suspect is alive and well.

This is a long shot, but I think I might know this person. The person I know spent some time in San Francisco around 1975-76. Are there any dates for these photo? Or a place that I can submit a potential match?

On the bright side, the person I suspect is alive and well.

No dates for the photos. If you believe you know this person, can you just ask her or send her a copy of one of the photos and see if it is her. She might be able to remember a lot about that day. We know that he didn't kill everyone he took a photo of, but she looks naked (or at least topless) in a room of some kind, so he could have assaulted her. I'm very interested to see what you find out!

No dates for the photos. If you believe you know this person, can you just ask her or send her a copy of one of the photos and see if it is her. She might be able to remember a lot about that day. We know that he didn't kill everyone he took a photo of, but she looks naked (or at least topless) in a room of some kind, so he could have assaulted her. I'm very interested to see what you find out!

Thanks for the info. The person I had in mind is actually my mother. I ran it by her and while she admitted there was a strong resemblance, she says it's not her. Also, it turns out she was only in San Francisco for two months in 1976.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The print in the back (or painting) resembles Picasso's cubism period. I do not think it's a Picasso, but heavily influenced by his work at that time.

Nov, 1980 disappearance doesn't work well, either. Alcala has been in continuous custody since mid-1979. While he might have photographed her earlier, he can't have been involved in her disappearance.

I can see the similarities but

10/13/1974-1977 - Violates parole/incarcerated.
Although NCMEC says foul play expected in Robyn's disappearance, quite a few other sources say the circumstances are unknown. Which could make it possible Robyn left of her own accord and somewhere along the way years later ran into Alcala. JMO and :twocents:

I was wondering if anyone had compared Andrew Jackson "Drew" Greer Jr., 15 yrs old, missing since Feb 12, 1979 Michigan? I see some resemblance. Still question whether this is a girl or a boy.

I was wondering if anyone had compared Andrew Jackson "Drew" Greer Jr., 15 yrs old, missing since Feb 12, 1979 Michigan? I see some resemblance. Still question whether this is a girl or a boy.
Sorry if i am rather late to the discussion, but i really doubt that this person is a he. Mostly because of the fact that she (I'm going to call her she for simplicity) is wearing make-up. http://imgur.com/GyRTJj9 I would like to apologise for my amazingly poor artistry, but i hope it shows where there is a lack of make-up applied. Now of course this dosent exclude the possibility that this person is a transvestite. However i would imagine that someone that looks between the ages of 14 and 19 (personally i would place her somewhere between a high 15 to low 17) might still be "in the closet" when it comes to their sexuality. There are other interesting elements about this person that are purely conjecture on my part, such as what seems to be mild sunburn on he nose and around the eyes, a red discolouration that isn't there on her forehead over which there is hanging hair.This leads me to assume that this photo was taken either during the New-York Summer or while Mr. Alcala was in California. Which in turn might allow for a more precise placement of the date of the photo. Of course there is always the possibility that this person wasn't killed even though she is in a position of weakness, seeing as another woman was posing for Alcala in the middle of some rather barren landscape that looks like California. Unfortunately i don't have these photos to hand right now but i know that they are on this website.

As a disclaimer, I am not a woman so have never worn make-up and i have never lived in the United States so i don't know how accurate the statements about the sunburn is.
PS: I have a bad case of dyslexia, so i would like to apologise for any spelling mistakes.

CBS is a horrible site. Can't believe you have to click thru 108 photos to get to the ID'd ones. I was looking for another; hope these links work
Found an easier way, click the gallery in the middle of the arrows on the top right, much easier to sort that way

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/109/
http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/110/
http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/111/
http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/seri...s-24-9-10/112/
Last edited by Roselvr; 04-07-2016 at 12:23 AM.​
The third picture above, discussed in the "Woman on Motorcycle" thread, has been identified by her family as Christine Ruth Thornton, missing since August 1977. The last known picture of her is this one by Alcala. She has for reasons no longer clear been flagged as "found alive," but the police were unable to tell her sister how or why.
http://www.nampn.org/cases/thornton_christine.html

Taken from this thread:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dentification-of-several-of-the-Alcala-photos

I have found the photos i was looking for sorry for the delay in posting these. I might need to expand my Mr. Alcala album

I'm convinced this is the NY appartment. So at the latest in 1971 before him being arrested. Furthermore, I don't think he was dumb enough after the assault of the poor little girl in LA to murder people in his own appartment. Sure afterwards maybe, BUT would any of these girls go with him some place after these photo sessions? I hope not so.

Devin Brochure reminds me of this person. I think it's a boy with a bit of eyeliner. But no mascara as netwerk of them knew how to apply it. Pics have been cropped doesn't mean it's a girl. Some young teen boys don't have visible A'dam's apples.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back