Identified! WA - Spokane Co., Wht/NtvAmFem UP12065, Jan'14 - Maria Vega

Great job, Carl!!! Thank you for this, I think it will help us immensely!!!

Janet Franson and of NamUs and Spokane County LE asked me to do a reconstruction of this Jane Doe.

Here is what I came up with:
73b3f58c-65f1-42b0-bb5d-65edc541af35.jpg

CarlK . . . your very rendering is now being released by the Spokane Sheriff's Office! Thank you so much for all you do!!! :loveyou: Hope she gets a name and a family whom she belonged to very soon.

http://www.khq.com/story/25267709/s...ying-to-identify-woman-found-in-spokane-river

CarlK . . . your very rendering is now being released by the Spokane Sheriff's Office! Thank you so much for all you do!!! :loveyou: Hope she gets a name and a family whom she belonged to very soon.

http://www.khq.com/story/25267709/s...ying-to-identify-woman-found-in-spokane-river

A woman posted a comment on that news article:

She looks like a lady I met in SPARC who left and didnt complete treatment but I cant remember her name but she was a bad alcoholic

"SpARC" stands for Spokane Addiction Recovery Center

ETA: I passed this info on to the Spokane County contact.

I posted the article to my facebook. I have friends and relatives in the Spokane area, so hopefully they'll pass it on to somebody who recognizes her.

Have they considered making up a flyer to hand out in places like homeless shelters, rehab centers, clinics, etc?

Have they considered making up a flyer to hand out in places like homeless shelters, rehab centers, clinics, etc?

Not sure what publicity they intend to use, but Elizabeth Nelson of Spokane County seemed interested in the SpARC tip, and I am confident that they will be looking into it.

UPDATE:

SPOKANE COUNTY – The Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office along the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NAMUS) have confirmed the identity of the woman who was found in the Spokane River near E. Empire on January 10, 2014. The woman was able to be identified through the integrated automated fingerprint identification system (IAFIS).

The woman has been identified as:

Rosalba Robayo Blanco, born on 12/13/1953.

The fingerprints obtained by the Medical Examiner were found to match fingerprints obtained from this individual in California in 1988. Due to the time period that has elapsed since being in California in 1988, it is possible that she may have modified or changed her name.

The Medical Examiner’s Office is asking the public to contact this office or the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office if information is known about this individual, especially possible next-of-kin.

http://www.khq.com/story/25267709/mystery-woman-found-in-spokane-river-finally-identified

Thank you, Carl! I was just thinking about our "Spokane Jane." Glad she has her name back, although I hope we'll find out more about her. RIP, Rosalba.

Fabulous news! RIP Rosalba -- may your family find solace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it seems all hits on FB to the surname "Robayo Blanco" come back to Colombians...

So even though there's a fingerprint match and a name, we still don't really know who she is. Poor woman. I wonder what other names she was using?

I thought this was interesting, as I had assumed it was suicide or accidental:

The woman drowned, according to the Spokane County Medical Examiner’s Office. Detectives are treating the case as a homicide, Chamberlin said.

And she came up from Tijuana.

I have the high-res full-color PM photo of this woman, (which is too graphic to post in the public domain). Looking at Maria's 2010 photo, it is pretty tough to reconcile how she looked in life to her PM photo, even considering the effects of being in water for days or weeks.

Here is the comparison to my facial reconstruction:

MariaGuadalupeVega.jpg

I thought I had her pretty well pegged to how she would have probably looked in life, but all of those creases and wrinkles between her eyebrows and at the corners of her mouth disappear after her death. By the time she was found, her eyebrows had almost entirely washed away.

Add in the creases between the eyebrows and at the corners of the mouth, and give her eyes a bit more of a backward slant, and the resemblance is much better.

MariaGuadalupeVegamodified.jpg

Your picture looks like what she probably looked like at 30-35, with the smoother and less troubled face.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/arlene-mclean-remains-found-1.6117760

When Troy McLean answered his phone one Wednesday afternoon earlier this month, what he heard on the other end was beyond anything he ever expected.

It was an RCMP officer telling him they'd found what are believed to be the remains of his sister, Arlene McLean, who was reported missing more than 20 years ago.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2013000009&id=23

Arlene McLean would have been 43/close, height's close too. Just throwing that out there..I'm only 60% imho that it'd be a good match. Just throwing that out there. I thought of Canada because Washington and the US would be a great place to Disappear if you're Canadian. Moo

I remember seeing that they had a person of interest, but why in the world was she in Spokane? Maybe she was traveling someone who lost it and made her drown? Or maybe it was just a random act from someone with disregard for human life...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back