Becky Sue Turner and related

Does anyone "local" have the possibility of researching the fire? What exactly happened and what was reported "officially". Surely there must be some record of this?

The original Social Security investigator should be able to obtain insurance company records -- if they still exist. The fire was long years prior to electronic storage & retrieval.

You're right that a local can probably find a few firefighters & neighbors, someone who remembers....

Yup. After seeing the photos of the Turners, I think the answer lies very close to home. Occam's Razor and all that.

(even though the LeBaron/Chenoweth and Stalder theories are fascinating and involve some awesome sleuthing!)

Off the top of my head, how local is local? I have family in California.

Off the top of my head, how local is local? I have family in California.

I think people who had been living there at the time of the fire would at least know what people were talking about. Probably there are more detailed articles in local papers of the time…etc...

I've been reading some threads (and there's a lot) but I don't think I've seen how they knew she was using a fake identity. Was that what was in her lock box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been reading some threads (and there's a lot) but I don't think I've seen how they knew she was using a fake identity. Was that what was in her lock box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this helps Tssiemer. Yes, there's a lot to read and remember :)

http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021243300_janedoeevidence.html

It was the contents of the lock box that provided the information that would later reveal that she had a false (stolen) identity. In the news articles, it's the brother-in-law and mother-in-law that tells the story along with the detective.

I think people who had been living there at the time of the fire would at least know what people were talking about. Probably there are more detailed articles in local papers of the time…etc...

Newspapers usually have their articles online in the archives, but for some reason I have only seen the two articles (which have already been posted on WS). That's really strange. Do you think there were newspaper that were in print back then and but are out of print now? I'm wondering if that's why there hasn't been more archived articles about this fire from their local papers.

I've googled, but nothing comes up for archived news articles about this family and the fire. Strange.

It's such an awful story, so I'm thinking there had to have been people who donated clothing to the family, made casseroles for the grieving mother, offered condolences, etc. Did this family have a local parish, we're the girls in brownies, karate class, swim lessons, etc. This is an awful death that locals would remember forever (at least I would never forget if this happened to one of my schoolmates, friends, or neighbour). Where did the three of them stay after the fire and after being released from hospital ?

So basically I'm saying that I'm wondering the same things as you PP.

It's been a while since I looked at the contents of the lock box or the Seattle Times article and I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but could FLEK simply be Becky Sue Turner? (As this thread seems to imply.) Perhaps she simply surfaced briefly to change her name and get a new social.

Was there anything in the lock box that confirms she had a different identity prior to Becky Sue Turner?

I'd love to know how professional investigators keep all this stuff straight. (Maybe that's why I'm not one!)

FLEK's nose and TT's nose are soooo similar it's hard to ignore the possibility that FLEK is BST.

I'm not sure how that would be, i suppose BST's parents may have felt overwhelmed but knew they couldn't give the girls away without questions so staged the fire and illegally put the girls up for adoption. If so, as BST got older she may have found out who she really was and obtained her originally identity. Changing her name and starting her life over could have been her attempt of leaving behind her original and adoptive parents.

Could it be? Will we ever find out since they Turner's deny knowing her. Even if they hadn't met her as an adult, wouldn't they recognize her features?

Although admitting she looked like them would prompt more questions, had they committed such a crime.

FLEK's nose and TT's nose are soooo similar it's hard to ignore the possibility that FLEK is BST.

I'm not sure how that would be, i suppose BST's parents may have felt overwhelmed but knew they couldn't give the girls away without questions so staged the fire and illegally put the girls up for adoption. If so, as BST got older she may have found out who she really was and obtained her originally identity. Changing her name and starting her life over could have been her attempt of leaving behind her original and adoptive parents.

Could it be? Will we ever find out since they Turner's deny knowing her. Even if they hadn't met her as an adult, wouldn't they recognize her features?

Although admitting she looked like them would prompt more questions, had they committed such a crime.

~ I wonder if a quick call to Fife Washington Police would help tell us if there was a fire. Here is a link for anyone close to call. The fire happened in Fife WA in 1971.
http://www.cityoffife.org/
There should be files if this happened, or if not hard copies on film.
Now, if they say they don't have any such a fire at that time... that would be interesting.

It was in the newspaper so there must have been a fire. There is no mention however; of anything about it afterwards. How it started? How extensive was it? Was the home completely demolished? Did the community "come together" to help a family in need? Or was there gossip around it?

It was in the newspaper so there must have been a fire. There is no mention however; of anything about it afterwards. How it started? How extensive was it? Was the home completely demolished? Did the community "come together" to help a family in need? Or was there gossip around it?

Yes, there must have been a fire. I still think Fife LE, would have a report/The Fife Fire Department. Children don't die in a small mishap, how ever, if any other info is out there, stashed away in files, we should find out.
I will look up the Fire Dept contact info and shoot them off an email.
Thx PP.

Yes, there must have been a fire. I still think Fife LE, would have a report/The Fife Fire Department. Children don't die in a small mishap, how ever, if any other info is out there, stashed away in files, we should find out.
I will look up the Fire Dept contact info and shoot them off an email.
Thx PP.

Sidekick - If I remember correctly, Becky Sue's death certificate gives "smoke inhalation" as her cause of death but there is not indication on the document that her body was recovered.

moo

I decided to focus on Boulder City Nevada for a little while and discovered that St. Jude's ranch for children has been located there ffor well before FLEK's time there. So, I was reading some articles about this ranch and discovered the following magazine. PLEASE see the picture of a business on page29 called..... What else? "TURNERS". Can we make any connections here? Plumbing supply business.

http://dezertmagazine.com/mine/1980DM05/files/198005-desertmagazine-1980-may.pdf

Sidekick - If I remember correctly, Becky Sue's death certificate gives "smoke inhalation" as her cause of death but there is not indication on the document that her body was recovered.

moo

PP, thanks for the reminder about her BCert and smoke inahalation for BS.
Wow... What exactly does that mean there was no indication that her body recovered? From the fire? What about her sister? Ashes?
Sorry... But that is interesting ...

moo

That's an interesting question. I guess I always assumed that a death certificate with cause of death would imply that a body was found. Now I wonder, when a person is declared legally dead, a death certificate is issued, of course. But would a presumed COD be listed? Would any information indicating that it was a legally declared death be listed on the death cert?

I often see missing person profiles that state that the MP was declared legally dead, but they are still considered missing in case a body is ever found. Wouldn't the girls be listed as missing persons in such a case?

Well, I can't find an Fife Washington Fire Dept email but...
If anyone is up ringing them and asking about the fire.. here is a phone number!
Fife Police Department
3737 Pacific Highway East
Fife, WA 98424

Police Department Phone: (253) 922-6633

http://www.yellowpages.com/fife-wa/mip/fife-fire-dept-469915341

Fingers crossed someone will give them a shout out!
xx

That's an interesting question. I guess I always assumed that a death certificate with cause of death would imply that a body was found. Now I wonder, when a person is declared legally dead, a death certificate is issued, of course. But would a presumed COD be listed? Would any information indicating that it was a legally declared death be listed on the death cert?

I often see missing person profiles that state that the MP was declared legally dead, but they are still considered missing in case a body is ever found. Wouldn't the girls be listed as missing persons in such a case?

~ Yes, it's pretty darn weird micheleonelonly..... no bodies? then what? Sounds like a Sodder case to me. Where are the bodies?

~ Yes, it's pretty darn weird micheleonelonly..... no bodies? then what? Sounds like a Sodder case to me. Where are the bodies?

Attached is a copy of the D. Cert
I had no idea the document could/should state whether a body was actually found or not. There was 'no' autopsy.

Also, here is an email addy for the fire dept.

tacomafiredepartment@cityoftacoma.org

I haven't email them yet....

Attachments

• deathcertbst.jpg
    deathcertbst.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 139
Attached is a copy of the D. Cert
I had no idea the document could/should state whether a body was actually found or not. There was 'no' autopsy.

Also, here is an email addy for the fire dept.

tacomafiredepartment@cityoftacoma.org

I haven't email them yet....

Can't remember if this type of information has already been posted in the past regards BST and families' death. These are from Pierce County, Washington. They are about autopsies and death certificates. Interesting actually.

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/index.aspx?NID=1126
and
http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/222

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member