VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be crystal clear-I am in NO way implying or insinuating or suggesting that these have happened in this case. Here are some possible reasons for a "wrong" MP report:
1.human error- typo, transposing numbers 1976 for 1967, for example.

2. faulty memory- family/friends cannot remember exactly how tall the MP was (there is an MP case on charley where the MP height has a range of 8 inches); date last saw the MP
3. MP report not filed until years or decades(!!!) after the disappearance
(several of these on MP sites)
4. MP is known by family to travelled/left in the past/been out of contact with family for months in previous events

I can PM you with 2 other reasons I'm not sure I can post.

Someone contacted me on FB this afternoon. There is another group also working on Jason, and the FB group leader (Lesha) designed a fantastic retroactive "virtual invitation "to the 1995 RFK concerts. The purpose is to post the invitation on your FB page and forward it to your FB friends, so that Jason's story and faces can be spread to even more people. They have added a third reconstruction of Jason's face to the invite, with brown, shoulder-length, curly hair. If you click that you will "attend " the concert, you can send the "invite " to others.When you send the invite make sure your FB setting is on "public". Here is the Facebook page title:

1995 Grateful dead fans @Rfk stadium Were you there??? Plz join
Once you are on the FB page, scroll down to see Lesha's poster with the long-haired Jason.

link from same FB to blue bear mascot posing with 2 men
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toddwickersty/2792713098/
Grateful Dead / 6.24-25.95 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
There is also a discussion that the tattoo might be one of the characters from "The Lion King".

Lesha has given permission to post this info and the links-we can all work together to give Jason back his name.

I've posted it when they 1st made the event. They would like as many people to please choose that you're going or maybe going; you can also share the event on FB by clicking invite then share

Grateful Doe FB page

Event - 1995 Grateful dead fans @Rfk stadium Were you there??? Plz join

I like leaving no stone unturned...And all the stones that match are coming up empty...Time to turn stones that are not exact...Could someone submit Peter as a possible..or give me an email address to submit to?

Classito

I just sent you a (lengthy) email- let me know if you did not get it.

The reason I suggested a possible purposeful faulty MP report is because the investigators told Marylandsmissing that they believed a family member had contacted them and chose not to claim the body.

If he were on the younger side of the suggested age range, the family or guardians would have had to have filed some sort of a report to keep school authorities and their community from asking too many questions.

I can come up with reasons why someone might not want to claim a body: 1) They just don't care, 2) They couldn't afford burial/cremation & didn't know there charities to help, 3) The parents/guardians were in trouble with the law and didn't want to risk their own freedom, 4) They feared incurring some kind of liability, 5) There is evidence of abuse on JD's body that we don't know about and the parents don't want brought to light, etc.

Was Jamie Lefebvre of the 6 missing from Niagra Falls ruled out?

has not heard anything back either way. He is not on the ruleout list on NAMUS UP 6095.

Apparently, NAMUS doesn't list rule outs from outside the US.

they show a postcard and give directions for sending in your own secret on a post card and the address to send it to. Maybe printing off Jason's info and his 2 facial reconstructions and sending it in? "My identity is secret-do you recognize me?" could be the caption. Just a suggestion.
That is a great find!!!

I'm a little new to this case, and my real passion is the Sumter County Does but having read over the facts listed I thought I would throw in what I thought on this case.

The 2 ticket stubs were to weekend concerts in D.C. The rest of the concerts were in Michigan, followed by Pennsylvania, Indiana, Missouri and Illinois. So if he was traveling south when he died, it would appear that he was done with the concerts and was returning home. Except for Missouri, which is two states to the west from where he was, he was south of the remaining tour dates.

He had only 4 quarters on him, it's likely he spent whatever money he took with him on food, the shirt etc, but kept the quarters to call. He was likely over 18 and this was his chance to be independent and because his family may not have been interested/he didn't want his parents with him, so the quarters would be in case of an emergency, for a ride or to wire him some money. He could have car pooled or hitch hiked to the concert but since D.C. was the farthest south concert there was on the east coast, I believe strongly that he was from the southeast.

I'm not sure if the person that had the accident with him told his family how far south he would be going with our JD or if he would only take him as far south as his home, but I believe he was on the east coast because Missouri and Indiana dates would have been closer if he were not from the coast.

If we don't know how far the driver was going to take him than I'd be willing to wager that he's from South Carolina or Georgia and less possibly North Carolina since Florida and NC had concerts in March, if he were in college he could very well have had spring break in time to catch either the FL or NC concerts. Therefore with the summer leaving him with more free time, that would place him roughly in South Carolina, especially considering that's where the driver was headed.

Though I remember reading that he just got off I-95, I'm not familiar with the area but I know I-95 runs up and down the coast, if he got off, could it be that exit would take our JD home, what advantage was there to taking that exit, since you could get lodging and food on the highway right? Maybe our JD knew of someone who could let them stay the night? Do we know what time of day this was, I read that the driver fell asleep, was he afraid of getting into an accident and decided to get off the highway and travel backwoods, maybe someone familiar can tell us what's that way?

Sorry if I repeated what's already known, hoping I may have stated something that may help somebody explore a new direction. I really believe he was from the coast since he was traveling away from the other concerts and the lack of money. I think he hoped he could hitchhike the rest of the way and I feel like he was close because he didn't have money for food and probably felt that he could be home by dinner so to speak hence why he didn't keep more money on him if he knew he had a couple days travel.

I'm a little new to this case, and my real passion is the Sumter County Does but having read over the facts listed I thought I would throw in what I thought on this case.

The 2 ticket stubs were to weekend concerts in D.C. The rest of the concerts were in Michigan, followed by Pennsylvania, Indiana, Missouri and Illinois. So if he was traveling south when he died, it would appear that he was done with the concerts and was returning home. Except for Missouri, which is two states to the west from where he was, he was south of the remaining tour dates.

He had only 4 quarters on him, it's likely he spent whatever money he took with him on food, the shirt etc, but kept the quarters to call. He was likely over 18 and this was his chance to be independent and because his family may not have been interested/he didn't want his parents with him, so the quarters would be in case of an emergency, for a ride or to wire him some money. He could have car pooled or hitch hiked to the concert but since D.C. was the farthest south concert there was on the east coast, I believe strongly that he was from the southeast.

I'm not sure if the person that had the accident with him told his family how far south he would be going with our JD or if he would only take him as far south as his home, but I believe he was on the east coast because Missouri and Indiana dates would have been closer if he were not from the coast.

If we don't know how far the driver was going to take him than I'd be willing to wager that he's from South Carolina or Georgia and less possibly North Carolina since Florida and NC had concerts in March, if he were in college he could very well have had spring break in time to catch either the FL or NC concerts. Therefore with the summer leaving him with more free time, that would place him roughly in South Carolina, especially considering that's where the driver was headed.

Though I remember reading that he just got off I-95, I'm not familiar with the area but I know I-95 runs up and down the coast, if he got off, could it be that exit would take our JD home, what advantage was there to taking that exit, since you could get lodging and food on the highway right? Maybe our JD knew of someone who could let them stay the night? Do we know what time of day this was, I read that the driver fell asleep, was he afraid of getting into an accident and decided to get off the highway and travel backwoods, maybe someone familiar can tell us what's that way?

Sorry if I repeated what's already known, hoping I may have stated something that may help somebody explore a new direction. I really believe he was from the coast since he was traveling away from the other concerts and the lack of money. I think he hoped he could hitchhike the rest of the way and I feel like he was close because he didn't have money for food and probably felt that he could be home by dinner so to speak hence why he didn't keep more money on him if he knew he had a couple days travel.

Welcome to Ws. cluehunter84 and thanks for that excellent first post!

as possibly being Jason. The MP was 17 years old and had a long history of threatening to run away from home. He called his parents and told them he had run away, was in the Appalachian mountains, and was never coming back. His family never heard from him again. He is not listed on Doenetwork, , NAMUS, or Charleyproject and has only the barest record on Porchlight: name ,age, city. He went missing from Virginia Beach, Virginia. I just listed him on Namus for a case manager to look into a little further.
HIs Porchlight page does not have a picture. The page does not list hair, eye color, height or weight. We are looking at him as a possible Jason because of the "runaway threats and then he apparently did "angle. Also the time frame that he went missing is a good match for Shaun Kelly possibly being Jason.

I know I already discussed this possibility a few years ago, but after catching up on all of these threads, this is one of the ones I keep coming back to. Sorry for the repetition but, here is the message I had found on a site for long lost friends and relatives:

"We are looking for Jason Purdie, who is my cousins son. He will be 30 years old now. His mums name was Nancy and his dads name was George. He has lots of family over here in Scotland who would like to hear from him. He stayed with his grandparents in Connecticut, possibly Hartwood. His father lost his sight in his twenties and unfortunately Nancy his mother died more than 5 years ago." ( http://www.yourfamily.com/roots/yourfam.mv?qy=purdie&xo=yfmsg&xc=Query&xn=202&xt=lost_bb )
The post is from 2000, and the poster's e-mail does not work anymore.

The reason this is still a possibility for me is because of the answers it could supply for some of our most difficult questions. Like, why this young man's parents never came forward. If his mom is deceased, and he lived with his grandparents, maybe they thought he had runaway...she states he "stayed" with his grandparents, which does not sound like a long-term or permanent situation. And, if most of his family lives in Scotland, they would not have even heard about the accident when it occurred, or from the news pieces since then. The general tone of the message seems to imply that contacting the grandparents or father did not pan out, for whatever reason, hence the purpose of posting that message.
Furthermore, if he would have been 30 yrs old in 2000, that would make him 25 in '95-which is entirely possible. Plus, he looks like he could be of Scottish decent IMO.
Now, just a rambling thought, and admittedly unlikely, if he was new to the states at the time of his death, maybe the note in his pocket was from people in Scotland. Interestingly, the format for phone numbers is also ###-#### (like here). Not to mention, Caroline is a scottish name, and more popular in the UK compared to the US.
As I have mentioned before, there is a person I found on FB, from Scotland, with the same name as the poster of the message. I don't have a FB account, anyone care to make contact?

Hi Sunshine,
I have tried to message you a few times but it's not working for some reason. But, if you click on the following link it will take you to the actual posting, and you can see her name. As far as I can tell there is only one person with the same name on facebook-and she is from Scotland.

http://www.yourfamily.com/roots/yourfam.mv?qy=purdie&xo=yfmsg&xc=Query&xn=202&xt=lost_bb

I would ask her if she is the one who posted the message back in 2000. A link to here and or the facebook page about him, is a good idea. I would also remind her that the images are sketches or reconstructions, and not an exact portrayal.

Good Luck, and Thank You So Much!!

I know I already discussed this possibility a few years ago, but after catching up on all of these threads, this is one of the ones I keep coming back to. Sorry for the repetition but, here is the message I had found on a site for long lost friends and relatives:

"We are looking for Jason Purdie, who is my cousins son. He will be 30 years old now. His mums name was Nancy and his dads name was George. He has lots of family over here in Scotland who would like to hear from him. He stayed with his grandparents in Connecticut, possibly Hartwood. His father lost his sight in his twenties and unfortunately Nancy his mother died more than 5 years ago." ( http://www.yourfamily.com/roots/yourfam.mv?qy=purdie&xo=yfmsg&xc=Query&xn=202&xt=lost_bb )
The post is from 2000, and the poster's e-mail does not work anymore.

The reason this is still a possibility for me is because of the answers it could supply for some of our most difficult questions. Like, why this young man's parents never came forward. If his mom is deceased, and he lived with his grandparents, maybe they thought he had runaway...she states he "stayed" with his grandparents, which does not sound like a long-term or permanent situation. And, if most of his family lives in Scotland, they would not have even heard about the accident when it occurred, or from the news pieces since then. The general tone of the message seems to imply that contacting the grandparents or father did not pan out, for whatever reason, hence the purpose of posting that message.
Furthermore, if he would have been 30 yrs old in 2000, that would make him 25 in '95-which is entirely possible. Plus, he looks like he could be of Scottish decent IMO.
Now, just a rambling thought, and admittedly unlikely, if he was new to the states at the time of his death, maybe the note in his pocket was from people in Scotland. Interestingly, the format for phone numbers is also ###-#### (like here). Not to mention, Caroline is a scottish name, and more popular in the UK compared to the US.
As I have mentioned before, there is a person I found on FB, from Scotland, with the same name as the poster of the message. I don't have a FB account, anyone care to make contact?

not that it means much, but there is no place in Connecticut called "Hartwood"... the closest name I can think of Hartford. this may be part of why her jason has been tough to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire