Identified! TX - Austin, WhtFem Skel UP10988, 24-38, Found by Survey Crew, Dec'12, Kellie Hall

If it's a DNA ruleout by default, they don't usually list those specifically.

Shoot. I think they should. If they want the public's help then they need to make it easier on the public to know who's been ruled out.

As a side note there was no mention made of any IUD's being found in Rachel's WS thread.

Melissa

Shoot. I think they should. If they want the public's help then they need to make it easier on the public to know who's been ruled out.

As a side note there was no mention made of any IUD's being found in Rachel's WS thread.

Melissa

They can't, really. I mean, the automatic ruleouts include everybody with DNA in the database. Probably 10-20,000 names.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14569/8
Kellie Hall went missing and her car was found at the Waffle House.

TX - Kellie "Wednesday" Hall, 29, Beaumont/Austin, 25 April 2009 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The location the remains were found is just a mile away walking. Farther if you have to drive it with the divided highway get around and her car was left in the Waffle House parking lot.

http://goo.gl/maps/lWBzP
very sad to say but those remains found with the one sock - they were positively identified as being Kellie Hall - i just posted posted about it under the thread for her.

very sad to say but those remains found with the one sock - they were positively identified as being Kellie Hall - i just posted posted about it under the thread for her.

Aw, poor Kellie. I'm glad she's going home. Rest in peace.

Shouldn't this listing have been removed from namus if it is Kellie? It''s still there.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10988

The NamUS files, I've found, are ALWAYS "error messages" if someone has been found and/or identified.

Occasionally DoeNetwork will leave an unidentified body's file (now with some kind of note that they are identified) as an archived copy of their casefile.

Charleyproject has a "resolved" archive for the identified/located. Doe also has this, but will sometimes keep their profiles viewable afterward.

Charley will give (scant) details in their resolved list, but you can no longer view their "poster" after they are moved to the resolved list.

NamUS does NOT have any kind of archive or list of resolved cases as such, and it is hard/impossible to find the original content of the "errors." I suppose Wayback Machine or something similar is all you can do.

Are we sure this is definitely Kellie???

Shouldn't this listing have been removed from namus if it is Kellie? It''s still there.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10988

I've seen NamUs cases that remain open after the person is found. Especially the Missing Persons casefiles, I know of at least 80 MP cases that are still open in NamUs despite the fact that the persons have been found. On many occasions, I've notified the RA's, and they reply that they have to get the OK from the LE agency in charge of the MP case to close the NamUs file.

I'm not positive that this UID that was found by the survey crew is Kellie. But the location of discovery (7103 East Riverside Drive) is only a half mile from the Waffle House where Kellie was last seen (7809 E. Ben White Blvd), and almost a straight line walk by foot. Also the Facebook page set up for Kellie says that her remains were found in "Fall/Winter of 2012". This UID was found in Dec'12. The description (24 to 38 year old White Female) fits Kellie, and the estimated height (5'5") is within an inch of Kellie's height (5'6").

The NamUS files, I've found, are ALWAYS "error messages" if someone has been found and/or identified.

Occasionally DoeNetwork will leave an unidentified body's file (now with some kind of note that they are identified) as an archived copy of their casefile.

Charleyproject has a "resolved" archive for the identified/located. Doe also has this, but will sometimes keep their profiles viewable afterward.

Charley will give (scant) details in their resolved list, but you can no longer view their "poster" after they are moved to the resolved list.

NamUS does NOT have any kind of archive or list of resolved cases as such, and it is hard/impossible to find the original content of the "errors." I suppose Wayback Machine or something similar is all you can do.

Are we sure this is definitely Kellie???
Kellie used to live with my family.
There was a letter found with the remains and it was in her handwriting.
I have read it and can confirm that it was her handwriting.
Thank you for helping.

Obtw, I'm sorry, I left out another detail - her family did not submit DNA because according to Kellie she was privately adopted.
But her hair brush and toothbrush were left in her apartment so there was a DNA match in March 2013

you'd think Kellie would be potential match #1 given all the details.

I'd submit her name right away. they don't have identifiers for Kellie but with this body being found, it might light a fire under someone's feet to get someone from her family to submit a DNA sample.
According to Kellie she was adopted in a private adoption when she was an infant or young toddler.
Her parents and brother would not have matched - their DNA would have just make it harder to I.D. her.
Thank you for helping out.

Yes, they got a dna match in March 2013.
She said she was adopted, so her family's dna would not have helped - but they collected her hair brush and toothbrush from her apartment.
There was also a handwritten note and it was definitely her handwriting.
Thank you so much for your help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76