FL FL - Brooksville, WhtFem UP6043, 30-45, in woods west of I-75, Jul'72

Skully

Reaction score
Hope I am doing this correctly, first one I started.

This one is from 1972. She was found in Brooksville FL on the side of the road near Hwy 50 and I-75 . This is all that is written about her on the HCSO site; An unidentified white female was found murdered in the eastern area of Hernando County, Florida. She has yet to be identified.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6043

Everything looks so close except the timeframe. If Mary went missing in 1970, her body wouldn't still be decomposing by 1972, would it? All the othe stats match up really nicely, though. I think I'd call it in.

Katherine Elizabeth Folk-Hine missing from Manatee/Hillsborough line area http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1131dffl.html

Edit-
More info on Katherine's disappearance.
http://parrishflorida.com/history.php

The quilt makes me think she could have been killed and dumped by a spouse/boyfriend. Because it probably came from her home. Also possibly if it is Katherine it could have come from the fair.

I looked at Katherine, but the height threw me off, could they be off by 3 inches? IDK

Everything looks so close except the timeframe. If Mary went missing in 1970, her body wouldn't still be decomposing by 1972, would it? All the othe stats match up really nicely, though. I think I'd call it in.

I can't think of a good reason for the body to be dumped 1 1/2 years later and it just be decomposing, unless it was in a freezer all that time. Would that show up if the body was frozen?

I looked at the quilt and it is a machine made, store bought quilt. No piecing, just back and front fabric, quilted together.

Katherine Elizabeth Folk-Hine missing from Manatee/Hillsborough line area http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1131dffl.html

Edit-
More info on Katherine's disappearance.
http://parrishflorida.com/history.php

The quilt makes me think she could have been killed and dumped by a spouse/boyfriend. Because it probably came from her home. Also possibly if it is Katherine it could have come from the fair.

Agree on it likely being a spousal murder. Kathaleen wore wigs and a partial dental plate. There are dentals on this Doe, so the plate should make it an easy ruleout (or in, if the Doe had a plate, although that's not mentioned).

I looked at Katherine, but the height threw me off, could they be off by 3 inches? IDK

Hard to say, back in the day. It could be an estimate of Katherine's height give or take a couple inches. I say I'm 5'8 but I've been measured at 5'6 and 5'7 sometimes. It's that dang scoliosis.

The quilt is what really draws me to her and how they think she either was abducted from the fair where the abductor could have killed her in the woods near the fair, bought the quilt to cover her up in the car, and then dumped her up 1-75. Or the husband killed her and took the quilt from the bed because it had blood evidence from the crime.

The other thing I thought about is Fourth of July. People attend the fair or fireworks at fair grounds and take a BLANKET OR QUILT to sit on. I don't think she is from Out-of-State, only because July is hot and most people visit FL in the winter. So she could be a transplant from somewhere else that moved here, but she probably was local to the area. Any thoughts?

Hard to say, back in the day. It could be an estimate of Katherine's height give or take a couple inches. I say I'm 5'8 but I've been measured at 5'6 and 5'7 sometimes. It's that dang scoliosis.

I have it too, but bad I lost about 7 inches as a kid, but got some back when straighten, but now I am shrinking, LOL again :scared:

So both have potential, I will see if I hear back from Hernando, maybe I can get some additional info on her.

I definitely believe she was local because of the quilt. I don't feel that a stranger abduction would result in the victim being wrapped in a quilt and driven south to Hernando County to be dumped.

Found more info. She had only been dead for 4-5 days estimated. www.doenetwork.org/cases/776uffl.html

that helps because they also give information about her teeth. She only had the upper 6 and lower 6, no mention of a partial, so maybe she was homeless? Not saying people with bad teeth are homeless, just it seems to go with the situation sometimes. So I think we have to think about why no one missed her, in Hernando or around the area and think maybe she did come from another state.

Things noted from the Doenetwork page. She only had 6 teeth on top and on bottom. This rules out both our possibilities because of their teeth.

I wish they had a color pic of the quilt on there. I wonder if HCSO has a color pic they could provide. You could ask Skully ;)

The height is even shorter then Namus has for her.

Can't find anyone nationally that was missing in 71 or 72 that would match her.

I get the feeling that she was a housewife that was not reported missing. The fact that she had a bra and panties on and the quilt makes me feel this was a case of domestic violence gone bad. Strangled in the bed or bedroom during an altercation, taken to the spot in spring hill and covered up with the quilt. I say she was poor, married, and lived very local. Not far from where she was found within a few miles. I don't feel that she was a prostitute because of the quilt and the bra/panties.

Just can't believe she didn't have any family that wondered what happened to her enough to report her missing!

I was thinking about what color that quilt was too. I think if they have a color photo, they should use the HCSO FB page to see if anyone recognizes it. Someone may remember such a quilt in there home as a kid. May a man has told the kids that mommy ran off. Evelyn Mackey comes to mind.

Went through the SP Times archives for the week she was found. Nothing pertaining to a missing women. The day they found her there was a bus crash in Dade City full of kids going to church camp and an investigation whether Sinatra was involved with the mob. Nothing else note worthy.

Went through the SP Times archives for the week she was found. Nothing pertaining to a missing women. The day they found her there was a bus crash in Dade City full of kids going to church camp and an investigation whether Sinatra was involved with the mob. Nothing else note worthy.

I think you are right, either a husband of bf and didn't report her missing because no one would miss her anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back