General Updates

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
If you contact the responsible agency for Jason Grateful Doe, please post a message in the "regroup - who's doing what" thread. Include who you contacted and if there was a special reason for the contact. This will help us keep from doing duplicates.

Information we need:

1. Condition of teeth - it has been reported that there were no restorations - does this mean the teeth were in good shape or that Jason did not have good dental care?

2. Color of hair - blonde, dyed red; brown, dyed red; red; brown with red highlights; etc.?

3. Tatoos - one on left hand, self made of star BUT was there a tatoo on the right arm and if so, what was it of?

4. Was there ever any follow up on the phone number? Were the Carolines ever contacted?

Anything else anyone can think of?

Salem

I sent a new email today with a "read receipt" attachment so that I will know if the email is received and read. The email follows:

Medical Examiner:

I am a volunteer with an organization that advocates for families of the missing. We also work with law enforcement to try and identify the 57 thousand UID's in the US at last count. We participate in the Department of Justice initiative to standardize databases and collect DNA from missing persons, we establish vigils, work with the media to keep stories alive-you name it, we are footsoldiers.

We have been working toward identifying this young man and have previously submitted a few possible names with negative results. But we intend to continue working to find this young man's name. You may find a discussion of the work that has been done by our group at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172. In an effort to better organize and consolidate our efforts we are hoping that you can answer the following questions for us:

1. Do you have assigned personnel for this case that we may contact directly? Email is the preferrable method of contact, but phone calls are also used.

2. Is this young man's DNA in Codis? If so, can you please provide the date this information was entered into the database?

3. Do you have fingerprints on file?

4. Do you have dental records on file? Can you verify the condition of his teeth? There are conflicting thoughts regarding whether or not his teeth were in good shape with no reconstructions or if his teeth were in bad shape and he lacked dental care.

5. Can you please verify the color of his hair? Was it brown with red highlights? Brown and dyed red? Blond and dyed red? Naturally red?

6. Has the young man been entered into NCIS? If so, can you please provide the date this information was entered.

7. Can you verify Jason Doe's tattoos? We understand he had a home made tattoo of a star on his left hand. But there are reports of a faint tattoo on his right arm. Did he have a tattoo on his right arm and if he did, what was the tattoo of?

8. Was the phone number found with Jason Doe followed up on? Did law enforcement talk to the two Carolines? Was any information obtained that might help in the search for Jason's identify?

9. It is thought that Jason attended a Grateful Dead concert in Washington DC just prior to his death because he was found with TWO ticket stubs in his pocket. Is it possible the ticket stubs came from the girls and Jason never actually attended the concert?

10. Has any work been done on Jason's teeth to determine if he came from an area were the water was floridated? Or any other type of scientific work that might show Jason came from a particular region of the US or abroad?

11. Do you have a list of missing persons that have been ruled out as a possible match that you can share with us?

12. Is there any other information you might be able to share with us that may help us in the search?

13. Is there anything we can do for you that may help in the identification of this young man and getting him returned to his family?

Thank you in advance for your attention and if there is anything specific we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Salem

Okay - phone calls this morning. Took 3 calls just to get to the right place. Had to leave a message for the investigator to call me back. BUT I did really talk to a live person. So - maybe today or tomorrow, we can have some questions answered.

WS is a very busy place right now with all the recently missing. So sad.

Salem

Update: Received call back from Greensville County Sheriff and they tried to send me back to state police. I went down the list of who I had already talked to, so the investigator is going to do some research and call me back. Crossing my fingers here - she was very nice!

I sent a new email today to Greensville County Sheriff's Office with a return receipt so I will know when the email is read. Hoping to get some answers.

Salem

I think you did an excellent job with that email, Salem, and I really can't think of anything to add to it at the moment.

I hope you hear back soon!

Gave up on Greensville Co. Sheriffs :( I forwarded their response and my original email to the VA State Police this morning and tried to gently let them know I did not want to be pushed off anymore and at a minimum I expected information on WHO the officer in charge of this investigation is. I was nice but did let a little frustration show through in the hopes that someone will help.

I also put the read receipt on the email so I will know when someone reads it. It seems I get better response when I request the read receipt :)

Salem

I'm starting this thread so that we can all post general information relating to our activities on behalf of Jason Doe. I have been putting info in the fact thread, BUT it is not fact. It is an attempt to gain facts. So, I'm moving that stuff over here and when I have some actual facts, then I'll post them there :)

Salem

Well - slowly, but surely, I seem to be making some headway. The state police called and referred me to the original investigating officer for Jason Doe. He is not in the office right now, but I will call back later today and see if I can actually talk to him!

Salem

I have a name and phone number for the LE that investigated the original accident. I have not been able to talk with him yet. Maybe tomorrow? I've left a couple of messages. He does shift work and is in and out, so he is hard to reach.

Cross your fingers for me :)

Salem

Wow Salem way to go. This case has touched me and so many others. I'm glad to see someone with excellent sleuthing skills is working on his case.

Hey Mew - thanks! I have to call back at 7:00 tonight. I better put it on my calender!

Salem

Success! WooHoo! :woohoo::woohoo:

I have finally managed to verify some information with the original investigating officer for Jason Doe. Really nice guy and very helpful! What I have verified, I will add to the the FACT thread.

There are still questions that only the ME can answer, so I will write them up and send them off in the next few days.

For now - DNA was put in Codis a few years ago, fingerprints and dentals are on file. Has been entered into NCIC. Will have to ask ME about the condition of the teeth.

Hair was Brownish Red - appeared to be natural and does not remember the ME saying it had dye or chemicals in it.

Tattoo on right arm was reported as "a staining, where maybe a tattoo had been attempted at one time."

Phone number and ticket stubs were followed up on and led no where.

There has been no scientific testing of the teeth for floride or other types of testing.

There is no list of possible matches that were ruled out. ME might have a list.

Salem

Success! WooHoo! :woohoo::woohoo:

I have finally managed to verify some information with the original investigating officer for Jason Doe. Really nice guy and very helpful! What I have verified, I will add to the the FACT thread.

There are still questions that only the ME can answer, so I will write them up and send them off in the next few days.

For now - DNA was put in Codis a few years ago, fingerprints and dentals are on file. Has been entered into NCIC. Will have to ask ME about the condition of the teeth.

Hair was Brownish Red - appeared to be natural and does not remember the ME saying it had dye or chemicals in it.

Tattoo on right arm was reported as "a staining, where maybe a tattoo had been attempted at one time."

Phone number and ticket stubs were followed up on and led no where.

There has been no scientific testing of the teeth for floride or other types of testing.

There is no list of possible matches that were ruled out. ME might have a list.

Salem

Wow, Salem! that is awesome!

Did you get any details on how they followed-up the phone number? Did they call that number with different area codes for surrounding states? Did they find the right phone number and the Carolines couldn't provide any further information on "Jason"? I'm curious as to what they did and what results they had.

It seems that the phone number should have been the best lead!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back