Resolved AZ - Pima Co, HispFem Skeletal UP9101, 18-30, mouse ring, Jul'11 - Presumed identified

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/cases/9101
Incomplete skeletal remains found by Border Patrol in remote area of the desert.
She is 18-30 year old and about 62 inches.

Items found:
1 sweater, 1 pair of white panties, 1 pair of plaid shorts, 1 blue bra, and 1 blue tank top.
Three rings: 1 yellow metal, 1 yellow metal with clear stone, 1 yellow metal with mouse face; 1 cellphone SIM card, 1 backpack, 2 Mexican coins.

Someone might remember this ring, it's quite distinctive:
https://identifyus.org/medias/show/11146

There is not much to go on ruling her or anybody else out at the moment. Neither Morgan or the UID have had DNA analyzed yet and the UID's dentals are partial only, mostly postmortem losses and Morgan has no dental info available at the moment.

I don't understand the lag in sending the DNA samples in to be analyzed. I know it costs some but getting a DNA hit is their best chance of identifying very partial skeletal remains. Maybe they think it's someone crossing the border from Mexico and who wouldn't be in their databases?

Ajo is about 2.5 hours from Tucson.

If you e-mail them about Morgan could you ask about the SIM card? I wonder if they got anywhere with it.

Does she have any known ties to Mexico?

I've emailed the Pima County Sheriff's office and the NamUs #9101 Case Manager.

I've also asked that Morgan's NamUs profile please be corrected.

Morgan should be ruled out for this UID, if nothing else.

Donjeta, I did ask about the SIM card also, but it has been reported in MSM that Morgan's cell phone activity was a dead end.

Please let us know if they reply.

I would like to know if the SIM card with the UID was from USA or possibly from a Mexican phone company. But maybe it was too decayed to be of use. Most people's SIM cards would be full of clues to their identity.

--- On Sat, 1/28/12, Bruce Anderson <Bruce.Anderson@pima.gov> wrote:

Subject: NamUs MP 13361
To: <redacted>, "Erin Gibson" <Erin.Gibson@sheriff.pima.gov>
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 12:36 PM

Hello XXXX. Thanks for using NamUs. Without either dental or DNA information on Morgan, there is little I can do in terms of a comparison. However, our young Jane Doe (NamUs UP 9101) likely died months or years prior to Morgan's disappearance. But to be sure, Morgan's dental or DNA profiles are needed.

Dr Bruce Anderson
Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner

Another WSer just posted about this on a FB chat and I had that ring. I purchased it in the early 90's. My best friend and I each had one. She kept most everything from high school so I'm messaging her to see if she still has hers or at least has pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will not allow me too view the UID"s NamUs profile.... When I click on the link it says that I do not have permission to view the page

Just as a random thought, how is Pima County not front and center in an immigration disaster. Has anyone seen the amount of UID's in that county in the last decade or 15 years. Astounding.

Every border county is front and center. Astounding that they can identify them. Hopefully this means a family with answers.

Looks like there has been a permission error since at least January 2017. Can this case be moved to Identified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back