Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dang it Jeana, you weren't supposed to close it in the middle of my post! LOL

PrayersForMaura
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
I think Raven did chase around get-rich-quick ideas and kept sinking further and further into debt. When he refers to his bad decisions, I mean come on, is that the understatement of the century or what? He doesn't just make mistakes, he makes the same mistake again and again and then acts surprised when things turn out the same. I wonder how much he sank into scams, this just seems like a guy who wouldn't recognize a pyramid if it bit him his well-manicured butt.

YES!! He did... in reference to your post (the part I bolded), I found more information yesterday about some site he was visiting called richdad.com or something like that...

------
I bet he dumped money they didn't have into trying to hit it big and blamed everyone and everything but himself when it failed. :loser:

golfmom said:
PrayersForMaura
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmom
I think Raven did chase around get-rich-quick ideas and kept sinking further and further into debt. When he refers to his bad decisions, I mean come on, is that the understatement of the century or what? He doesn't just make mistakes, he makes the same mistake again and again and then acts surprised when things turn out the same. I wonder how much he sank into scams, this just seems like a guy who wouldn't recognize a pyramid if it bit him his well-manicured butt.

YES!! He did... in reference to your post (the part I bolded), I found more information yesterday about some site he was visiting called richdad.com or something like that...

------
I bet he dumped money they didn't have into trying to hit it big and blamed everyone and everything but himself when it failed. :loser:
My friend's now Ex-fiance was caught doing one of those pyramid schemes from his office... his emlpoyees ratted him out to the home office and he got fired... talk about stupid. The guy was always saving money and then giving it to friends to invest for him and he would lose it ALL.
I would've dumped his arse long before my friend did!!! LOL
These days, we women have to be with a stable man. :)
Otherwise they drag us down, make us do all the work, take care of the house, care for the children ... oh, and then they want to or try to kill us! :doh:

Now there's two discussion #4s! Can someone fix it so it doesn't get too confusing---wait we past that point long ago!:p

Sorry, ya guys. I closed the thread, started the other one, and now deleted the one I started as I see Golfmom was really on the ball... :) :truce:

Texas 1 said:
Sorry, ya guys. I closed the thread, started the other one, and now deleted the one I started as I see Golfmom was really on the ball... :) :truce:

Gotta be fast around here ... LOL

I mentioned earlier that I suspected that the lack of commentary from Raven's fellow soccer pals is based on the fact that they're Hispanic and possibly here illegally. Here's information posted by others to substantiate my notion...

1) "If you can get the the cached version of ncsoccer.org, you will see that the majority of their soccer leagues are Hispanic. And from looking on one of their websites, there were very, very few Anglo faces in their bunch (and I was looking hard for Raven)."

2) "I was told in a pm that this person thought that Raven played with a Spanish league. However the only one that was listed on the now defunct ncsoccer page that had a website and pictures turned up with no Raven. On the internet site, it said they had meetings on Wednesday nights. I don't know what they meant by meetings, whether it was a game or an actual meeting. But wasn't Janet killed on a Tuesday?"

3) "Hi there... I received a pm from a credible source that Raven played in a pickup game the night Janet was murdered. I did not receive times or league information or anything more."

So he did in fact play with Hispanics, and is said to have played in a pick-up game on the night of the murder. In addition to a fellow sleuther's comments earlier about pick-up games, they are also simply a small group of people playing that eventually gets larger and larger as the game progresses due to "picking-up" additional players who have wandered in.

It is highly possible that Raven simply went looking for a pick-up game, noticed a group of people at a school soccer field and jumped in.

:doh: Sorry I didn't give credit to the folks that made those comments. I pulled them from a couple of different threads and got too excited in the heat of the moment and forgot to note the authors.

Kind of interesting that the "good friend" of Janet dropped out of sight when the family had mr allgood post a blog........

bulletgirl2002 said:
Kind of interesting that the "good friend" of Janet dropped out of sight when the family had mr allgood post a blog........
There are many things that are kind of interesting in this case...that being one of them, for sure.

I hate to keep harping on the silence issue....but I really think there must be a reason why everyone is being so quiet.

I look at what happened in the Hacking murder. This was a mormon family also. HOWEVER, the brothers went to Mark to find out what happened and then convinced him to "do the right thing." What admiration I have for these brothers. Their actions saved additional pain and time for Lori’s family. No need to pretend he was innocent and put them through a long drawn out trial. Mark was guilty and admitted it!

In the Abaroa murder, none of Raven’s family is talking (about his innocence or guilt). Why? I guess I would have hoped that the brothers of Raven could also convince him to do the right thing and give Janet’s family some closure. I am not saying that Raven did it, but none of the siblings seem to be helping to find the real killer either. I believed it was MissYouJanet that posted that Raven’s family supposedly really loved Janet....so where are they? The only posting we have is from Raven’s brother who wrote a poem about Janet playing shuffleboard in the sky with the angels or something like that!:rolleyes: Do they know something and are hiding it and that is the reason for the silence? I can understand Janet’s family being silent due to them mourning but not Raven’s family. I know I would do everything I could to find the person that brutally murdered my daughter-in-law, and if it was my son, I could only hope I would be as standup as the Hacking family and "do the right thing!"

ewwwinteresting said:
There are many things that are kind of interesting in this case...that being one of them, for sure.

I hate to keep harping on the silence issue....but I really think there must be a reason why everyone is being so quiet.[UNQOTE]

I wonder if the silence is because LE have strong reason to believe that the killer will implicate him/herself. Just a theory.

As far as whodunit, my theories are:

1. The killer is someone with whom Raven had an affair and is feeling possessive of Raven, jealous of Janet, and wanted to eliminate Janet from the picture.

2. The killer is the spouse/partner/boyfriend of whomever Raven had the affair with and either wanted to kill Raven, or finding Raven not home, killed Janet instead as retribution.

I'm led to believe this because it was a multiple stabbing, personal and passionate, and also because someone here who seemed to be in the know posted that physical evidence (blood spatters, etc.) hasn't been tied to Raven by LE.

I can't get Janet and her friends and family out of my head. So tragic.

Thanks for letting me post.

Hoppy

Why is Raven Samuel Peters AKA Raven Abaroa absent from your list?
Are you a friend of his?
Have you seen our poll? An overwhelming majority of our posters think Raven is the KILLER.
There's a good chance he has already "implicated himself" through the Internet. :) :) :)

hoppyfrog said:
ewwwinteresting said:

I hate to keep harping on the silence issue....but I really think there must be a reason why everyone is being so quiet.[UNQOTE]

I wonder if the silence is because LE have strong reason to believe that the killer will implicate him/herself. Just a theory.

1. The killer is someone with whom Raven had an affair and is feeling possessive of Raven, jealous of Janet, and wanted to eliminate Janet from the picture.

2. The killer is the spouse/partner/boyfriend of whomever Raven had the affair with and either wanted to kill Raven, or finding Raven not home, killed Janet instead as retribution.

I'm led to believe this because it was a multiple stabbing, personal and passionate, and also because someone here who seemed to be in the know posted that physical evidence (blood spatters, etc.) hasn't been tied to Raven by LE.

Hoppy

Thinkoflaura said:
Why is Raven Samuel Peters AKA Raven Abaroa absent from your list?
Are you a friend of his?
Have you seen our poll? An overwhelming majority of our posters think Raven is the KILLER.
There's a good chance he has already "implicated himself" through the Internet. :) :) :)
Reread my post. I explained why he is absent from my list.

Nope. Don't know him.

Hoppy

The following comment was posted to my blog on the entry titled The Murder of Janet Abaroa... On the Record. The person signed themselves "SeekingJustice."

I worked with both of the Abaroas. Very closely with Raven moreso than Janet. Raven was very controlling. He had a certain karma about him that just made you feel uneasy around him. He infact DID have a laptop b/c he brought it to work with him all the time. The money he embezzled wasn't actually CURRENCY...he was stealing merchandise. He would place orders for himself and not pay for them and have them shipped to some address. He was able to do this b/c he was a manager. But eventually it was noticed. I do not doubt that Raven had affairs. The things I heard around work from close friends of Janet's and Raven's alike told me that they weren't happily married. I have no idea what went on that night in the house but along with many of my coworkers who knew them personally, I believe that Raven had something to do with this murder...directly or indirectly.....he had something to do with it. Whether he himself did it or had someone else do it.

This person is telling the truth about where they work, by the way, I was able to confirm that independently. That lends some credence to the rest of comment as well.

Mr. A.

hoppyfrog said:
Reread my post. I explained why he is absent from my list.

Nope. Don't know him.

Hoppy

Hoppy, would it change your opinion if you knew that the crime scene post that you are referring to has not been confirmed?

I'm the one that stated this a week or two ago. The fact at that time was that LE had no physical evidence pointing toward Raven. As for the source, I don't need confirmation. It's solid.

I know we all hate that, because the circumstantial evidence screams Raven's name. Additionally, that status from a few weeks ago could have changed, and he may now be of interest. But at the time that I stated that, he was NOT a serious POI, because there was nothing physical to implicate him.

golfmom said:
Hoppy, would it change your opinion if you knew that the crime scene post that you are referring to has not been confirmed?

hoppyfrog said:
ewwwinteresting said:

Hoppy
............welcome to WS.....the more the merrier!

......your theories, both 1 and 2 have been discussed.........and could very well be ..........

..MY problem, now that we know there were ONLY 3 stab wounds.....hand ( in defense most likely ) shoulder( while trying to run/escape possibly)
...and then the fatal ONE stab to the chest...

...i can't imagine someone ( theory 2 ) going there to kill raven.....but encounters janet.....she asks, "may i help you......come on in...." and they then deliver a single plunge killing her.....( i just don't fathom that..)

...in real life, a stabbing takes GUTS....a 'retribution' killing to me would indicate numerous stabbings.....over and over ...THIS particular killer did it with a single fatal deep jab to the heart...........it's very personal.....

lauriej said:
...in real life, a stabbing takes GUTS....a 'retribution' killing to me would indicate numerous stabbings.....over and over ...THIS particular killer did it with a single fatal deep jab to the heart...........it's very personal.....
Personal, purposeful..........not an overkill or rage style that is often associated with domestic violence murders from stabbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46