The Victims

Do we have any information regarding tatoos on these women? Any commonalities wrt tatoos?

That would be good to know. I've read nothing about tattoos. Zero Nada Zilch. Here or in MSm or anywhere for that matter. Of course that doesn't mean there were none. I'ma shoot out some PMs and a few emails later today and tommorrow to see if we can get some more people here who are familiar with the cases. Right now it's you and me Kat and admittedly I am not the sharpest sleuth in the drawer. ; )

That would be good to know. I've read nothing about tattoos. Zero Nada Zilch. Here or in MSm or anywhere for that matter. Of course that doesn't mean there were none. I'ma shoot out some PMs and a few emails later today and tommorrow to see if we can get some more people here who are familiar with the cases. Right now it's you and me Kat and admittedly I am not the sharpest sleuth in the drawer. ; )

Me either. But maybe we can pool our strengths and morph into 1 supersleuth! :floorlaugh:

Do we have any information regarding tatoos on these women? Any commonalities wrt tatoos?

http://digitopus.com/?p=926

Muggy's sister - Kendra - says Muggy feared for her life days before she went missing.
"She knew her time had come," Kendra Brown told a local news station after her sister's lifeless body was identified by tattoos once inked into her skin.

This is all I could find thus far about tattoos. No description however.

Another observation that stands out: the only 2 victims reported to have had their throats slit also happen to be the only 2 black victims? Do I have that right? Laconia Brown was doused in bleach...was Ernestine Brown also doused in bleach? How about any of the other victims? If not, then what's the significance of Laconia being doused in bleach? To conceal evidence that would connect her to her killer? Then why wasn't anyone else doused in bleach? Was there no obvious connection the killer/killers were worried about?

It's odd.

the bleaching is potentially symbolic, personal, and hatred-driven---same with the 2 black victims being slashed

the bleaching is potentially symbolic, personal, and hatred-driven---same with the 2 black victims being slashed

If it is true that one (or more?) of the victims were found with embalming fluid in her system (not sure if smoked or injected by another) then what that says to me (the bleaching) was that someone knew about forensic counter measures. IMHO

Here's what I can and can't say thus far...(bear in mind, I'm one of the new kids on the block):

1. Louisiana during the late spring and summer months provides ideal conditions to speed along decomposition. Having said that, no way several of these bodies were in such a state of decay after 2-3 days that c.o.d, physical evidence, etc. would have been completely eradicated.

2. We can not state that all (or any) of these victims were raped. That's not to say that they weren't raped, only that we don't know that they were raped. Serial killers are usually sexual predators who rape their victims prior to killing them.

3. The 2 black victims died from their throats being slit. None of the other victims died by this method (that we know of). Thought went into the dumping of Muggy Brown. My guess is that she was dumped on the shooting range and THEN doused in bleach. Most people don't just happen to have bleach in their vehicles. As to why she was doused in bleach, I doubt it was racially motivated. We have no evidence that Ernestine was also doused in bleach, do we? I think that whoever killed Muggy was smart enough to realize that they either left evidence on her body that would link her to them and had to get rid of it somehow, or they doused her in bleach to accelerate her decomposition. JMO.

4. I've read, from family member of 2 of the victims, that their loved one died of asphyxiation. In lay terms, asphyxiation means that death occured because no air was getting into the lungs and the body was deprived of sufficient oxygen. It does not always mean strangulation. Drowning, choking, smoke inhalation, drug overdose, crush injuries, manual suffocation and strangulation can all cause asphyxiation. At this point, with the scant information we've been given, we can not even state with certainty that these 2 victims were strangled.

5. There is much to connect these girls in life...all were known drug users, some or all were known to trade sex for drugs, all ran in the same circles, some were blood related. There's not much to connect them in death, though. Some were found clothed (or partially clothed), others were found naked. Some were dumped in water, some on roadways. Some had their throats slit, others didn't. 1 was doused in bleach, the others weren't (as far as we know). We don't even have evidence of rape to tie these girl together.

6. The only thing I can say with any certainty, at this point, is that all these women were murdered. Were they all murdered by the same person/persons? I have no idea.

If it is true that one (or more?) of the victims were found with embalming fluid in her system (not sure if smoked or injected by another) then what that says to me (the bleaching) was that someone knew about forensic counter measures. IMHO

odd that there was advanced decomp for the canal vics--water and embalming fluid both slow decomp--exposure to air and bacteria speed up the process--the bleach is non-acidic(although it will damage tissue atfer prolonged exposure), so it would probably slow the process as well, since it would kill the surface bacteria that aids decomp--however, the bleach changes the skin pigment--the body being dumped at the gun range seems to indicate a type of taunt to police--could he be saying "since you couldn't punish this person, i did"?.....one person tied to this case in an outside way has a beef with at least one or two of the vics, as well as the police--body dump=two birds, one stone..?

Can anyone link me to these reports of embalming fluid? Thanks.

I go back in forth thinking that these are possibilities:
- there's a single serial killer who likes killing women & kills the women who are vulnerable/available to him & got the victims all from the same circle, which he may or may not be a part of
- the women were killed because they all knew/witnessed something they shouldn't have in the eyes of the killer(s) or people who paid/coerced the killers into killing
- some of the women (the first victim or victims) were killed because they knew/witnessed something but the killer(s) discovered in the process that they liked killing & kept doing it, working within the same circle of friends so that everyone would think all the women were being killed for this reason and discovered these women's deaths didn't receive a lot of attention because of their perceived lifestyles
- there are actually 2 serial killers or two groups of killers at work- one killer/group of killers that killed women for knowing too much, the other killer/killers killed them because they're sick & enjoyed it.

It may seem stupid for a serial killer to kill only within a circle of friends/acquaintances/relatives, but it seems to have worked out well here, mainly because of these women's "lifestyles." Sigh.

http://digitopus.com/?p=926

Muggy's sister - Kendra - says Muggy feared for her life days before she went missing.
"She knew her time had come," Kendra Brown told a local news station after her sister's lifeless body was identified by tattoos once inked into her skin.

This is all I could find thus far about tattoos. No description however.

me thinks we need to set up an individual thread/timeline for each victim, like in the other case--makes it easier to keep thoughs/info organized, and be able to add to it or alter what we "know" while discussing...thoughts on that JF/MK, hexe, ktgirl, and others??

me thinks we need to set up an individual thread/timeline for each victim, like in the other case--makes it easier to keep thoughs/info organized, and be able to add to it or alter what we "know" while discussing...thoughts on that JF/MK, hexe, ktgirl, and others??

I couldn't agree more! I was totally thinking the same thing but didn't want to bust out eight new threads without knowing what others think about the idea.

Go ahead and open the threads if you want. Let me know if you need any help. I've bookmarked a ton of information over the years, so I might be able to fill in some blanks for you.

odd that there was advanced decomp for the canal vics--water and embalming fluid both slow decomp--exposure to air and bacteria speed up the process--the bleach is non-acidic(although it will damage tissue atfer prolonged exposure), so it would probably slow the process as well, since it would kill the surface bacteria that aids decomp--however, the bleach changes the skin pigment--the body being dumped at the gun range seems to indicate a type of taunt to police--could he be saying "since you couldn't punish this person, i did"?.....one person tied to this case in an outside way has a beef with at least one or two of the vics, as well as the police--body dump=two birds, one stone..?

Temperature and humidity are the two most significant variables in the timing of decomposition. Additionally, water's postmortem effect can differ greatly depending upon temperature, salinity (decay progresses at a faster pace in freshwater than saltwater), the depth of the body in the water, and the body's relative location to land. A rainfall outlet canal in south Louisiana during most months of the year is teeming with aquatic and terrestrial insects. Alligators and even bull sharks can be found in these canals. It's not at all unusual to read that the body of a missing person located only 2-3 days later is unrecognizable and in a state of advanced decay.

http://www.bio-ops.net/WEBSITE DOCUMENTS2/BIO-OPS - HUMAN DECOMPOSITION FACT SHEET - UNHILIGHTED.pdf

Putrefaction refers to the decomposition of the body because of bacteria and fermentation. Although this process can take longer in water-submerged victims, these individuals may remain concealed longer when they become hidden in water or vegetation or lost in a large body of water; this results in correspondingly advanced postmortem changes before recovery. No time schedule for the stages of decomposition exists as differing water and climatic conditions will have a profound effect. Generally, cold and swiftly moving water preserves bodies, whereas heavy clothing and stagnant, warm water hasten decomposition.

http://www2.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2006/feb2006/feb2006leb.htm

While placement in water affected the rate of decomposition, placement in freshwater made the specimens decompose much faster than those on the surface of the ground or placed in saltwater, at least in the summer environment of central Texas.

https://digital.library.txstate.edu/handle/10877/4078

Go ahead and open the threads if you want. Let me know if you need any help. I've bookmarked a ton of information over the years, so I might be able to fill in some blanks for you.

Thanks Bessie. Perhaps we could all take one victim. I'll start with Loretta Lynn Chaisson Lewis. Any help I can get is MUCH appreciated because I am working on a smartphone which is very limiting. TIA

Thanks Bessie. Perhaps we could all take one victim. I'll start with Loretta Lynn Chaisson Lewis. Any help I can get is MUCH appreciated because I am working on a smartphone which is very limiting. TIA

Okay, so I'm taking Ernestine Patterson. Let's get to work!

Awesome idea!

Help me understand why she may be connected. I am working on Muggy's thread and my brain is fried right now (info. overload). If you can explain before I can figure it out. I would love if we (you or I) could post it on her thread. TIA

610 Andrews St is the alleged drug house associated with all the victims, as well as Teresa Gary and Frankie Richard. Now, Brown is certainly a common enough name, but...what are the odds Sherill Brown and Muggy Brown aren't related, but just happen to share the same name and are each assoiciated with the same house on Andrews St?

Also...someone asked earlier about the LE officer who found Muggy Brown. I have heard that it was Mike Janise, but have absolutely no way to confirm the truth of that. Take it with a bucket of salt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back