The Different "Zanny the Nanny" Stories in One Thread.

All they have to do is play every single one of her lies in court and the jury will not believe a word she testifies to. It is amazing how convincing she sounds. No hesitation whatsoever while telling lie right after another. jmo

Pseudologia Fantastica, aka, Compulsive Lying, Pathological Liar.
And a documented pathological liar.

She has shown she is by her own words and by the retelling of the involvement with her by many others...

Pseudologia Fantastica is typified by these characteristics:

(1) the stories are not entirely improbable and are often built upon a matrix of truth;
(2) the stories are enduring;
(3) the stories are not told for personal profit per se and have a self-aggrandizing quality;
(4) they are distinct from delusions in that the person when confronted with facts "can" acknowledge these falsehoods.

Intelligence varies, but at least 40% have evidence of central nervous system dysfunction.
-----------------------------------------

http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/psychpedia/pseudologia-fantastica
Symptoms of Pseudologia Fantastica

The lies are believable and may have truthful elements.

The lying continues for a long period of time and is not caused by some immediate pressure or stress.

The lies tend to present the liar in a positive light.

The lies have an internal, rather than an external, motivation.

Pseudologia fantastica is associated with borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, and histrionic personality disorder. It may also occur in the absence of any other mental health symptoms, as a result of trauma or due to nervous system malfunctions. People who grow up in environments where lying was necessary to gain approval are much more likely to become compulsive liars. Psychotherapy is the most effective method for treating pathological lying.

----------------------------------

The above are my thoughts only...I have personal experience with it..My MIL..she loves her family fiercely, and we love her tremendously, the above does describe her. My MIL would never, ever, do harm to any of her children, grandchildren, even daughter in laws...they are the center of her universe and protects them fiercely...yet she is a compulsive liar.

:twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back